Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pala shield and amu

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by freaky necro, Oct 19, 2006.

1. freaky necro

freaky necro IncGamers Member

pala shield and amu

hi i got 3 questions:
    1) how can you see when a amu for crafting is ilvl 90?
    2) where is the best place to find a high def 40resist pala shield
    3) i got a 45 resist 18 def shield is it worth uppen it? (i got the runes and gems for it)
    ty for the advice

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

1. You can't, except it has a mod which is only possible on a L90 one, like +2 to all skills of a certain class. Regarding crafting, the new ilvl also depends on the level of the crafter: new ilvl = (old ilvl)/2 + charlvl/2, rounded down before adding. A hint regarding crafting amulets: If you craft gambled amulets (which have an ilvl of chalv-5...charlvl+4, randomly), all of them will have a chance to get +2 to skills when you are gambling and crafting with a L93+ character.

2. 41-45% res on paladin shields require an item level of 50, i.e. it can appear from nightmare Kurast on. However, you probably want an elite shield which can drop in hell mode. I suggest crowded areas in hell mode, like the flayer jungle, CS, cows or, if you dare, the WSK.

3. You can only upgrade rare and unique shields. If it's a nonmagical shield, go to Larzuk and get sockets for it which will be 4. The 45% res automod doesn't affect the level req, so I would make Spirit out of it (don't be satisfied with anything but 35% fcr) or put in perfect diamonds, turning it into an awesome shield for leveling (which is also true for a magical or rare shield like that, so keep it as it is in that case). For god's sake, don't use it for the Charsi quest reward, as that will reroll the 45% res automod !!!

3. freaky necro

freaky necro IncGamers Member

i thought that the 2 skillls was one of the mods you where certain of ilvl 90 but i also thought there where others you that you can see

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

For amulets, +2 skills is the only alvl 90+ affix. For this kind of info, I find the affix calculator useful.