Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pala experts pls look inside

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Gmaster, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Gmaster

Gmaster IncGamers Member

Pala experts pls look inside

Pls help this pala N00B:

I got a problem with my zealot:

Every time i do a baal run, i get those nasty undead with iron maiden curse.
    What is the most effective way 2 kill them?

My bro says that i should equip a wf on sec. weapon.
    But the other problem is that i use wizardspike+lidless 4 fc and teleport.

Pls,pls help this noob

2. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

You can get a bow or use the Passion runeword and hack at them with the Berserk skill. I don't have passion myself, but do decent with a buriza crossbow

3. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

Glimmershred is good too. Annihilates phys immunes and can be thrown when IM'd. Best thing is that you can use a shield with it.

4. Any1

Any1 Banned

Draw away the Doom Knight from the Oblivion Knight and kill them first. Wait until the OK casts a non-IM curse, then run in and kill him. If you get IM'd at any point, go to town and get the curse lifted. Patience is the cheapest and most effective solution when deadling with OKs.

5. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

Or run away and use cleansing. It really reduces curse duration. Meleeing is still a bit dangerous though. I prefer the use of ranged weapons in the CS.

6. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Another thing as well, beyond range weapons or berserk, is if you ignore the meleers and get up close to the IM-throwing mobs, they will cast decrepify instead, so you can run up next to them, wait to you get the blue icon over your head and then kill the caster.

7. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

my tactic is to usually attack the oblivion mage first. i do this ONLY if there's no other mage around.

8. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

I've never actually played with a melee char before, so I've never experienced IM first-hand, I'm making a Zealot so I want to know, is it immediate death if you attack with IM?

9. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Typical zealots are doing so much physical damage that a couple hits mean death. Since zeal is multiple hits, if the first hit doesn't kill you, the next few are. If you hear IM being cast, immediately stop clicking and back off if you haven't died. Then follow procedures described above.

10. Snake-Byte

Snake-Byte IncGamers Member

Clensing works well, Vengeance is also a fair counter to IM. You still take damage, but not as much. Casting Lifetap on your enemies (Wand of Lifetap, Exile, Draculs Grasp) could also help prolong your life. Using a windforce, or eaglehorn on your weapon switch could help. And also, as was suggested, using a Passion weapon with Berzerk. All of these could help counter Iron Maiden. But just incase, I'd keep a tp cast at the beginning of the throne.

You could also get a point into Sanctuary, and let the knockback on that keep the doom knights and oblivion knights away from you while you wait for Iron Maiden to wear off. Or just wear an Azurewrath (If you're on the ladder.)

11. Gmaster

Gmaster IncGamers Member

OK thx 4 all the advice pros!!

12. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

also try killing those OK's first. This way u wont' have to bother with them.

just charge in there and zeal away. Sure ironmaiden is a pain in the arse but usualy u can kill em before they cast it.