Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pal has lower defense than druid?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by az-0k, Oct 12, 2006.

1. az-0k

az-0k IncGamers Member

pal has lower defense than druid?

never get this claim...my zealot has over 50k defense when the shiver shield from fortitude is activated along with Holyshield...and ppl been saying that a 30K defense is decent. so how much defense does a druid have? 70k???!!!

2. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

my fury druid has about 4k from memory. I think anything more than 30k does very little to your chance to be hit.

3. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

The problem is the assumption that hitting a bear is hard to do. I play a fc pvp bear and most pallies that dont use smite / barbs assume i have some insane defense, when I barely have 5k.

Its an illusion actually, because bears have such horrible fhr, that when they are recoverying it might appear that they are just not being hit. Also they can have nasty levels of hit points, so a minimum damaging hit might not show much wear at all on his hp bar.

But they are always hit...trust me. If bears could have even 20+k defense, without using some godly etheral bugged / etheral steel carapace, then they would be played alot more than they are.

4. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

it will be very rare that a druid would have more def than any pally, since a druid's only skill to enhance defense is werebear. at lvl 20 it gives 120%ed. Holy shield at lvl 20 gives 310%ed. Thus with the same gear a pally should have more def.

5. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

Not only that but pallys have exile and a vortex exile with 1.8+k def and lvl 16 defiance arua really kicks that def up.