Ow...

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Thankfully, if you drink enough water while you're getting drunk, the effect is drastically reduced.

(The headache, not the drunkenness)

Leopold Stotch

Diabloii.Net Member
There's a sex joke in there somewhere but I'm just going to leave it at that . . .

/whistling

On a serious note, sorry about your migraine, dude. Hope you get to feeling better.

/gives you blankie
/gives you glass of water
/gives you blindfold just in case

I hear light can be really harsh on the eyes during a migraine.

The Silver Shroud

Diabloii.Net Member
On the serious side of things, I looked into one of the dark browser addons for firefox, It's great when needed,, but shances the standard red of this forum...

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I've been using FTDeepDark for years now - it's the best dark theme for FF as far as I'm concerned.

This is another good add-on if you watch a lot of YouTube.

Also install f.lux if you haven't. If you spend most of your day staring at your computer screen, it'll save your eyes and brain (be sure to use 'safe mode' while gaming).

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to discuss headaches, I've spent the last 2.5 days reworking my desktop configuration.
  1. Reinstalled Win 7 (x64) - turns out MotherF-M$FT will never allow you to license, revert or otherwise register an Enterprise installation. I had a tricked-out configuration with all the STIGs applied but NO! So I had a license of "Pro".
  2. Decided I'd had enough of my own earlier stupidity not installing Windows on my SSD, so went with that. Worked a treat - EXCEPT
  3. Dual boot failed, because my GRUB2 bootloader wasn't UEFI & was now on the wrong partition. Wasted a whole day cleaning & loading USB & DVD versions trying to get a solution. Finally prevented an aneurysm using Boot Repair
  4. I had to reload Ubuntu in any event because I'd painted myself into a corner loading apps; I had some decryption software with an unmet dependency that not only wouldn't resolve but wouldn't let me remove or install anything else. So I jumped to Ubuntu 17.04.
  5. Turns out Canonical (Ubuntu publishers) in their geekly idiocy decided to force all users to start using their new open-source toy for nVidia drivers, except that it's a goat rope. Am still working on this one; have been able to boot & get Ubuntu desktop but haven't had a "clean" boot-up yet. After I write this we'll see what happens.
  6. Perhaps tomorrow I'll try to resolve my Corsair M65 gaming mouse being a little biatch on both Winders & Ubuntu. It works but it throws multiple errors on both OS during boot.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
If you want to discuss headaches, I've spent the last 2.5 days reworking my desktop configuration.
  1. Reinstalled Win 7 (x64) - turns out MotherF-M$FT will never allow you to license, revert or otherwise register an Enterprise installation. I had a tricked-out configuration with all the STIGs applied but NO! So I had a license of "Pro".
Any particular reason for going "back" to Win7?

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
I never "left"! I can't be bothered to set up VM's exclusively for gaming.

Obviously I use Ubuntu for everything, but you know how paranoid I am. Do you really think I'd go with Win 8 or 10?

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I never "left"! I can't be bothered to set up VM's exclusively for gaming.

Obviously I use Ubuntu for everything, but you know how paranoid I am. Do you really think I'd go with Win 8 or 10?
And Loz thought *I* was paranoid! :D (we had a convo about Win10 in the Community forum OTT recently).

I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Win10 set-up myself. Win7 has many of the same telemetry "features" as 10 does... in case you didn't know. Fortunately, with a little elbow grease, it can all be blocked.

It's a shame you got screwed out of the Ent. license. It's a lot easier to gank the telemetry malware with that version.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
And Loz thought *I* was paranoid! :D (we had a convo about Win10 in the Community forum OTT recently).
Just because you're paranoid... doesn't mean Bill Gates isn't sniffing your underwear.
I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Win10 set-up myself. Win7 has many of the same telemetry "features" as 10 does... in case you didn't know. Fortunately, with a little elbow grease, it can all be blocked.
My understanding is that Win10 stealth-enabled a lot of their feces with a recent "build", & will continue to do so. If you have that whore Cortana on your taskbar, she's sending Redmond everything you do even if you've stuck a cork in her.
It's a shame you got screwed out of the Ent. license. It's a lot easier to gank the telemetry malware with that version.
Which is why I was so ticked off. Well, that plus 3 days worth of labor, because Windows doesn't like to play nice with GRUB.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
No sir. No Cortana on MY PC thanyouverymuch. Seriously?

I liked Cortana on my short-lived Widows [typo left in] phone but then, I didn't use the phone for anything *serious*.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The first thing I did with Win10 was giving Cortana the equivalent of a punch into the face, (hopefully) sending her into unconsciousness by switching it off and changing to the old Windows search. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another 1984-style means of control for those who reject the benevolence of Those Who Dwell Above.

Hmm, I'm asking myself why I can write all this into a public forum. Am I a part of this control system without knowing?

OMG, I'm turning into vdzele!