Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Outer Cloister Door-Method?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by retrovamp, Jan 30, 2004.

1. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

Outer Cloister Door-Method?

In a past thread a member posted that there was some sort of Outer-Cloister open-door method to not getting kicked out of a game while away for an indefinite amount of time? Is this true, and how exactly is the method accomplished? Alas the /fps method doesnt work anymore heh.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I have never extensively tested this, but there is a way to become "glitched" on the door exiting the outer cloister that leads to the tamoe highlands. I don't know how legitimate it is, so all i can say is not to use it for malicious intent.

Take the Outer Cloister WP and head towards the tamoe highlands (down). When making your way there, stay to the right of the door that leads to the corridor exiting the OC. It works best from a distance - click the double doors leading out of the OC once. You character should run to them, but will be unable to open them from your angle of approach. He/She will continually be running at the door, and will not stop. I do not know if this prevents the 15min idle leave-game, but I believe this is the "method" you are referring to.

3. retrovamp

Thanks Shadow_247. I think that I've noticed bugs with the doors, but never this running thing. Thanks a lot.

4. Zkin

Zkin IncGamers Member

theres another easier way.

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

:scratch: And... are you going to develope your story a little bit more or change your name to "Enigma"?

6. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

You can get yourself stuck between the stairs leading up to Larzuk. However Larzuk and you need to be standing in precisely the correct spots to make it work right, and I wouldn't call it easier. Also when you get stuck on the stairs, the screen entire screen jumps back forth quickly the same way it does when you get stuck on a chest or something, and could quite easily give you a headache.

There are probably many many other spots in the game where you could get stuck running in place. Any of them you run across would accomplish the same thing.

Also, I have heard reports of people dropping out of games using these methods, so it is safe to assume that blizzard is working on a server side fix for it. It may be neat to try, but don't depend on it keeping your game open while you have 37 items laying around town.

7. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

i hate this thing...it always happens to me doin pit runs..and im usually not paying attention

8. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

Well i dont think you can consider other ways easier as this door-method is really easy.

As i have try it about 5 times now, it works for me. It doesnt work on all attempt as the servers can go down, your ping can go up so you'll be pop-out of the game etc... but at least you get a fair chance to stay in a game all night long.

I just go close to the wall under the door, click on the door and that's it you are running standing still. (Be sure no monster will come to hit you 'cause you will stop to run if hit, a good merc should keep the monsters you have forget aways from you)

DC have spawn in my very first attemp and no sign of him since this time, (well at least i have 1 anni now, but wouldnt mind getting 1 last more for sorceress )

9. thepopo

thepopo IncGamers Member

when i mule burn i run in windows mode and put my calculator on my shift button and then use the drag glitch in the windows that causes the game to think your always left clikcing to stand outside the rogue encampment as my character just stands there attacking air. Seems to work best for me.

10. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

when i burn my mules in, i just select the identify item comand on right click and tape it down, then they (any charater) casts the identity scrol over and over and over and over.....
    works like a charm, u don't have to leave town, have a wp or anything, just 1 scrol of identity
    sometimes my char stays in the game all night, others it doesnt'

11. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

I used Outer Cloister again last night. And Guess who shows off :D

It seems that for me, I need to keep the game open, using this method and keeping the game reduced in windows doesnt works as well. I keep my game open for more than 10 hours last night.

12. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

LOL. I've done evil things to people like that whose mules are over level 9. :p I really don't like people clogging servers with perming mules. Personally I just turn my failed weird builds into mules around level 20 or so. :p I've even had mule-duels with my friends :p

13. spaceghost99

spaceghost99 IncGamers Member

Nothing ever works for me. I'll stand outside encampment raining down meteor on myself, but within an hour or so I'm always kicked.
    For some reason I doubt the outer door method will be any different, but I'll try it anyway...

14. Khallil

Khallil IncGamers Member

god all of your methods sounds so complicated. has anyone try typing in /fps, it will show frames per second on the top of your screen, have always worked for me. I stay in the game for hours without doing anything, thats what I do for my mule.

15. retrovamp

Ah yea the /fps method. I tried it a few times but I was always booted. Perhaps its because my connection pinged out all those times. So far outer-cloister has worked for me though, but no dclone yet =(. Anyways, stand behind one of the archways facing the big double-door that leads to the outer-hallway of the building itself. Then make sure you can see the doors and click on the door as if you want to open it. Your character should start running against one of the archways continously but go nowhere. Try different archways if one doesn't work for you.

16. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

Hey, cOMMANDo Nice tip.
    I've used some spells in town, to cast over and over, but not all classes have a good spell at low levels. The druid Raven is a good spell, for this. And my big Pal casts Holy Shield over and over, when huntin the DC.

BTW: Just leave a leg-weight draped over the mouse button. Easy on, and off.

17. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

This method DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE.

18. retrovamp

Yes /fps does not work anymore.