Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Our president is appointing a kiss-ass to head the SEC. i

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jimmyboy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Diabloii.Net Member

Our president is appointing a kiss-ass to head the SEC.

I can't believe President Bush is doing this. This is equivalent to sending a wolf to guard a hen house. And our president is expecting investors to trust the social security reform? This move just bumped me into the anti-social secuirity reform circle.

Synopsis: President Bush is naming a new SEC chief who's known to protected white-collar criminals even if they committed fraud. The SEC is suppse to watch out for investors especially in cases like Enron. Now the SEC will be headed by a man who has always been an SEC hater. WTF?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/sec_chai...R2IYXbmovyMwfIE;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

2. Ranger14

Ranger14 Diabloii.Net Member

I am kind of tired, but I didn't read anything really negative about the guy in that article. Your synopsis wasn't a synopsis of the link you provided. The NAM and SIA seem to like him.

3. greatrambino1981

greatrambino1981 Diabloii.Net Member

Meh... I am so beyond caring what he does anymore, nothing surprises me. I just need to breath deeply and think of my happy place, and all will be alright.

4. jimmyboy

5. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare Diabloii.Net Member

Bush has appointed no one but idiots for any positions. This country will get through Bush whoring away the government to big business.

6. KevinFV

KevinFV Diabloii.Net Member

now cause of the choices he makes, and how he is

thats why i wanted kerry to win... dammit

7. Necrolestes

Necrolestes Diabloii.Net Member

The SEC won't let me be, let me be me, so let me see.

So Harvey Pitt has a job again?

<Sigh> It doesn't surprise me that our President continues to fill his job vacancies with sycophants and yes-men. Enron financed a large portion of Bush's first election campaign so Harvey Pitt, a former head of the SEC and a friend of the Bush political camp, chose to look the other way while Enron was siphoning off its employee's 401k's. When Pitt resigned, suddenly all those CEOs that were sticking it to their respective companies found themselves facing the prospect of real time. With this new guy in office, the corrupt CEOs that hadn't been caught yet can rest easy and return to their lives of crime.

8. Stevinator

Stevinator Diabloii.Net Member

If this guy supports Sarbanes-Oxley, he can't be too bad...the whole point of that law is to make it harder to have another enron situation. Let's wait until we hear a bit of his testimony in the senate before we get our panties in a knot.

after we hear his mission from his mouth, then we can decide to get cranky, or not.

9. jimmyboy

The Sarbanes-Oxley was passed with a 92-1 vote.

10. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Yes we know you hate him. Hopefully you can hate my too by proxy. I'd like that.

You ought to go do some research as to who the Democrats get their money from. You'll find they get the majority of their money from big business unlike the Republicans. Corporate whoring indeed.

11. SirKnightmare

OMG!!! REPUBLICANS MAY BE CORPORATE WHORES BUT DEMOCRATS ARE MUCH BIGGER CORPORATE WHORES!!!

Tell me Bush doesn't constantly give businesses their way. Bush is for big business, most Republicans are. Just like you, you are the one who feels sorry for the insurance companies.

12. Freemason

Freemason Banned

I never said I was sorry for the insurance companies. I detest them on general principals as thieves.

13. Amra

Amra Diabloii.Net Member

I'll await judgement until I know more about the guy.

I agree that both sides get big business money. That won't change anytime soon.

However, Bush is the one who won't let them ride around in the taxpayer planes like Clinton did. That has to count for something.

14. maccool

maccool Diabloii.Net Member

It's just not a political thread until someone cries, "but Clin-Ton did it!"

15. llad12

llad12 Diabloii.Net Member

Never forget these guys tho ... ;)

16. SirKnightmare

This is how the conservatives in this forum (hell about all of them) respond to criticism of Bush.

How it should be:
    Liberal: Bush did this stupid crap.
    Conservative: Bush didn't do that and here is proof.

How it really is
    Liberal: Bush did this stupid crap.
    Conservative: Well it is ok Bush did that because 10 years ago Clinton did this, therefore that justifies Bush's idiotic behavior.

17. Ranger14

Ranger14 Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I am not a republican and I did not vote for Bush. The contention was that democrats receive big business money also. You claimed that republicans always let big business have their way. It is perfectly relevant to use what Clinton did during his administration; i.e. pampering big business execs by flying them around on the taxpayers' dime, as an example of the democrats doing the same thing... being Clinton was a democrat...or at least I thought he was. It doesn't prove that the republicans don't let big business have their way,but it does illustrate the democrats do the same. So how is that not relevant? Don't make one party look bad when the other party is guilty of the same thing.

18. DurfBarian

DurfBarian Diabloii.Net Member

It's the American way! :thumbsup:

Hand me that towel Simpson. I said Simpson, not Smithers! . . . Eeeexcellent. Now walk behind me down the hall.