OTF's Favourite console games of current gen.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
OTF's Favourite console games of current gen.

So now that this generation of console gaming is coming to an end, what do we have to look back on as the cream of the crop? What are the must haves for each consoles, which games have great artwork or storylines, which ones have new innovative gameplay?

It was a lot of fun back when these came out to list games that wed assume would kick ass per console, but lets see what actually impresses us.

I'll have to think about my answers for this.

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
*Awaits the flocking of Thousands of Fanboys to Hi-Jack the thread*

Of the Gen just passed I think none of the consoles really excelled each other in games or originality. Sure Sony sold more consoles, but it was just a Playstation that had been upgraded. Microsoft being new to the market did well in comparison. Nintendo struggled with the lack of new and intresting games which was few and far between.

Christor

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going with Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime: Echoes, two games which I'll remember long after the current generation of consoles is dead and buried.

front243

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't have a huge PS2 collection of games but the favorites among my games are Kingdom Hearts, ICO, Rachet & Clank series and Gradius V.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
People arent good with questions I guess.

someguywhomisreadmypost said:
*Awaits the flocking of Thousands of Fanboys to Hi-Jack the thread*

Of the Gen just passed I think none of the consoles really excelled each other in games or originality. Sure Sony sold more consoles, but it was just a Playstation that had been upgraded. Microsoft being new to the market did well in comparison. Nintendo struggled with the lack of new and intresting games which was few and far between.
please re-read my post, and i find it really obnoxious when people have to post their thoughts of where they believe a thread is going.

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
MGS3. Contra: Shattered Soldier was a close second. Oh yeah, and before any of you bother mentioning Halo, you're wrong.

DrunkPotHead

Diabloii.Net Member
F0 for gamecube, when you're high that game can almost give you seizures.

Halo for X-Box. 4-player rat-race kicked ass.

Twisted Metal Black for PS2, the story for some of the characters were very good.

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
Knights Of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (Xbox)
Jade Empire (Xbox)

For now. I'm only new into this generation of consoles. Although when I had a gamecube (don't anymore) Metroid Prime was good.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
What a thrill
With Darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melting to you
What a feeling of joy
When you're so supreme!

I gave my life
Not for honor, but for you
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you
I'm still in a dream Snake Eater

Someday you'll go through the rain,
Someday you'll feed on a tree frog..KK I'll stop. :lol:

Cynthia Harrell.. :thumbsup:

Rik

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
please re-read my post, and i find it really obnoxious when people have to post their thoughts of where they believe a thread is going.
Sorry about that was 3 am and probably misread it.

Halo and Pro Evolution Soccer [3/4]

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Soul Calibur 2 ( PS2 version, I don't like the xbox controllers that much)
GTA, not sure which one I liked the most
Halo (very fun multiplayer)

HoD

TonoTheHero

Diabloii.Net Member
Naruto 3
Soul Calibur II
Def Jam

Ummmm... I've either played way too little this gen or there has been too few good games. Or maybe my memory just sucks :uhhuh: