Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT:What to do w/ the KoL donations

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by water_moon, Jun 15, 2005.

?

What should i do

1. Get WoW immediately

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get WoW when i get my new PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Screw WoW, Ladder Season 4 is how real G's do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Screw WoW, if u get a new PC u should be playin Hellgate London

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

OT:What to do w/ the KoL donations

This is for the SPF clan of KoL. Join us if you feel the need to be addicted to more games. Just remember that the clan requires even more trust than we do here, and there's no rules against an individual making the life of a cheater/theif a living nightmare there.

1st off, thank you Moar for your kind donations. For those who've been not paying attention, Moar donated +11M meat and all of her stash (including some rare and valuable items) In the intrest of fairness to all the clan, we're having a vote to determine what to do w/ said items. (they're listed in the clan page)

Option 1: buy Tiny plastic figures. why? becuase they're rare, and expensive, and you get a trophy for having them all. We'd need to buy a tp boris, jarlsburg, sneaky pete and susie. This would require that we sell most of the valuable donations and use all the wind-falled meat. (the price on the TPs varies, but the susie alone is usually +14Million, the gods about 7.5M).
    Downside: I'd like to hope that selling the duplicates and the profits from items dontated would leave enough left over to still have a few of the rare goodies left over, but we may need all of them to get everything.

Option 2: Everyone gets a ghost pickle on a stick. If you have one already you can sell it for around 100K. Otherwise, you get a hard to come by familiar. Remaining meat could all be stuck in the clan stash and buffs bought until it ran out.
    Downside: HC and ronin players would have to wait to get the goods, and would miss the buffs. Also, inactive players would get the items/buffs and not put them to use.

Option 3: Leave the TP swords in the stash so even the newest members could get the uber drinks and not have to pay +5 mill for their own swords. Note: the swords are reusable and would be expected to be replaced immediatly after use. Leftover meat gets put in clan stash a we all get buffed.
    Downsides: same as option 2, also, those who have their own swords would get less utility from this option.

Option 4: Share out all goods/ meat equally using current market value. Not everyone can get a tiny plastic sword, but those who have them already could take meat equal to the value of them, or get more pickels, etc. Think divying up as in a Will with 19 children. (no point in sending back to Moar, who should remain in the clan for posterity.)
    Downsides: While this is the most "fair" option, it deprives our future members and we have to all agree on who gets what. It also leaves us more open to multi misuse. And it removes our collective buying power.

Option 5: A combination of the options. Such as buy the missing tiny plastics, then stick them and any remaining tiny plastic swords in the stash. Or give everyone the GPoaS, put the tiny plastic swords in the stash and mail out the remaining meat. This option will require futher discussion.

Option 6: Buy ice cold beer. Lot's off it, give everyone the beer and forget all the other stuff. (notice, you could do this yourself with the meat distribution options)

Option 7: What's KoL? Can I join? Yes, you can, and you can join clan sPF upon reaching the right level, but please refrain from voting for anothor option unless you are in our clan as this would likly not affect you.

This is a public poll and votes from non clan members will be discounted unless you join up before we distrubite.

2. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

I personally like the idea of having TPS's in the clan stash, unfortunately I currently don't have access to KoL so I can't join the SPF Clan. I can make 3 Hell Ramen a day (When I can get on) by using PastaPeter's Noodle Skill, SaucySue's Advanced Saucecrafting, and using PolkaSteeve to grab 3 hellion cubes from the Deep Fat Friar's Area. Umm obviously I can't get on now to do this but I would be happy to place these characters and their passwords into either water_moon's or whomhead's hands to pump out some Ramen for the clan. If either one of you would be interesting in doing this send me a PM and well work it out.

Plus it would keep my characters alive while I didn't log on.

-Kool69

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

What the smeg is KoL?
    EDIT: Ok, created a account (farting bob) and he's a saucerer person thingy. have no diea what im doing, but i'll learn.

4. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

www.kingdomofloathing.com

the best thing you'll ever waste time on...

well besides D2 of course...

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Just registered, connection is way to slow, is it always like this?

6. water_moon

There are peak times,it's been peaking latly b/c accession was just rolled out, but Jick added servers once already, so he may again.

7. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

Its hard for me to say, since I really don't know the signifigance of most of what you are asking. But I think whatever option would benefit the most people, now and in the future would be good... also anything that would set SPF clan apart from the rest... maybe everyone having a rare familiar would do that... dunno.

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Well.. if you'd ask me.. (hey you are :p ) I'd either go with the tiny plastic figures or the pickles. Why? Well, the swords are nice, but they only contribute to boose making (so.. indirectly they only give adventures) the pickle and the figures are alot harder to come by then some adventures.
    (Note.. I just assume the elite drinks will give adventures, I don't know if they give any side effects.)
    Also, if the TPS's aren't that expensive we could just have a few (or even people that own one now can contribute..) that circulate the clan, and try to use the rest as above.
    Giving every member of the clan a load of meat won't help that much. IMO you'd just blow it away being rich for a moment or do nothing with it since you just ascended. Extra's are better of just sitting in the stash :)

I'll also take this oppertunity to thank our contributor Moar since I hadn't done so yet :thumbsup:

9. water_moon

The TPS drinks give stat bonuses too, at the cost of 5 drunkeness (great for a last drink). And they give about 25 adventures, half a rollover's worth. They flucuate, but in a drink go for about 5 million (depending on the drink).

Also, you get to take your meat out over time when you assesend so long as you don't go HC, and the food and drinks wouldn't benifit people who took paths, so nothing is imediatly universal, hence the poll.

@killian27: clans are ranked based on war (2 record boards) which is expensive if you want to win, and not all that fun when we tried it; and average clan stats. (5 record boards). A few other clans (nobilise oblige) are know for their members haveing mall give-aways on a regular basis. Familiars and trohpies can be viewed from the charater page, which do show what clan you're with, but I don't know that we'd be able to increase or fame via that route so much.

10. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

OMG thats hillaroious (sp?)!! I started an accordian thief. What do I need to do to join up with you guys (and gals)? Sorry for the hijax

11. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Get to level 3, go to the seaside town, click on the clan area, search for a clan named "SPF", check the box about you wanting to join, submit it, we'll accept you and then bam, your a member =D

12. Cassandra

Cassandra IncGamers Member

I like the idea of getting another familiar, but then I only have the mosquito so far and no idea yet how to get any of the others ;) . There are probably others that I should go after first. I haven't really grasped the idea behind the trophies yet, and don't know a thing about tiny plastics, and talking of thousands of meat is kind of intimidating when the 500 meat from the clan each day is by far the largest part of my daily income :p . To cut a long story short, I just don't know what to vote since I'm still at the very beginning of the game and don't really know how it'll all work out in the long run :cool: .

13. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

I voted for the tiny plastic figures. I've eaten hundreds of eggs to no avail. I want that trophy, dammit!

I believe I have a couple of spectral pickes in my softcore warehouse. Is there a way to share it to everyone while being hardcore? I will happily donate them once I access them. Just put a skewer on it, and a familiar he is!Also, I heard rumors that the Picke Factory had returned. If so, it will be fashionable again.

About TPS, how can I get it? Never saw one. If it is only nice for booze, I say screw it, it is not a clan thing, and one that lasts.

14. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

I have a TP Sneaky Pete on the char I am still playing. If the trophy is your main concern, I can rent him out to you. I want to have it back though. Then you only need to buy the other rares :)

And about TPS. They were a part of the christmas present we got last year. You had a 30% chance to get either a TPS, a dreidle or a nice imitation watch. They are something to hold on to. The TPS drinks give about 25-27 adventures with ode and have a drunkness of 6, so 3 of them, a shot and a 4th one in the end is the optimum booze. (warning to low levels: you can only drink 2 of them, 2 shots and a 3rd in the end..you'll know when you can drink the 4th. :) )

Just checked a bit on prices. If you want to use the pickles for GPoaS, I would recommend to sell the spectral pickles and buy the GPoas. They are cheaper than the pickles.
    It might be worth a gamble to buy the GPoas now and wait a bit with selling the spectral pickles. If the pickle factory doesn't return soon, you'll most likely make a profit. On the other hand, as more and more people are ascending, the market might just go down. I don't know, never been too good at predicting the market.

Moar

15. water_moon

Yeah, I saw that, AFTER I made a gpoas. The pickle's going up in price will happen for sure, the last pickle factory was last year and since you can eat 3 pickels instead of 2 hell ramen, they make better food for people trying to get more adventures. But then when the gpoas recipe was turned off, the price of those skyrocketed...so.

BTW, w/ the drinks, the swords are reusable, you get them back, so if we stuck 1 or 2 in the stash, I think we'd be covered. I was doing the math last night, and I think that we could have one of all the tiny plastic stuff (swords included) permantly in the stash, but I don't think we'd have all that many pickels for skewering by the newcomers...

(when looking for new familiars, try clicking on people, you see the familiars they have when you click on the equiped one. The names and pictures have a lot to do with what they come from. Then you might figure that a gravy fairy has something to do with fairy gravy and a mushroom, or that potatos grow from sprouting plants. More are found as areas open up)

16. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

The pickle factory was up 2 days before ascension. That explains the drastic fall in prices for pickles. Lag was so bad then that I didn't manage to spend more than about 100 adventures there. :(

On another note...now that I'm active in the forum here again as well as in KOL, I could like to join the clan again (with my active char). Would that be possible?

Moar

17. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

I'll tell you something about the familliars I got..

Mosquito .. Well, this one is a given

Angry Goat .. This one took me a while to figure out. However I made a cottage before, so making this goat wasn't hard. Remember, you can't find the goat itself, just a piece of it (also.. when you get more stuff you'll know why I listen a cottage here)

Sabre-Tooth Lime .. Can't really tell something special about this one. I saw someone have one and I bred my own. Just uh.. look carefully at the picture ;)

Fuzzy Dice .. You'll get this one eventually.. if you travel the world.

Barrrnacle .. pronounce the name. When a new area opens up, you'll know where to find this one.

Howling Balloon Monkey .. not too hard. However I only got this one pretty recently (since I needed to burn some adventures). The description when you get this familliar still is about the best I read :D

Grue .. I lamed this one, couldn't figure one quest out but someone helped me along the road and I picked up this baby welp along the way.

Blood-Faced Volleyball .. I found this one after messing around. I don't think you can get this without trying every item you find. The volleyball is given, just think of a way to paint a nice bloody face on it!

Ghoul Welp .. Well, I actually grew this one. I just had to find a way to make it come out.

Cocoabo .. you won't get this one untill later in the game. I really liked this familliar since it does a load of things for you (find meat, heal you, attack enemy and more). Just think of the name and what it reminds you off.. then later on you'll get it.

Star Starfish .. another later here, this one is pretty easy to find. Especially since there is an area which is pretty much based on making this familliar and likewise equipment.

Baby Gravy Fairy WM covered that one
    Levitating Potato WM covered that one

So.. just osme random tips! Also, what I found very usefull in the beginning of the game was adventure in multiple area's. If an area just openend up you'll probably die there but allways try to know where to find things. You need alot of the stuff you find.

Good luck!

EDIT: Seems like I posted this in the wrong KoL thread :rolleyes:

18. Cassandra

Cassandra IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies on familiars, I'll keep my eyes open :cool: . One more newbie question though: How can I see other people??? I guess there must be a way to at least see who's online or such, but I haven't found anything like that yet :eek: .

19. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

For those looking to join the clan its "SPF" not "mirandas SPF".

20. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Usually you only see other people in chat or people who send you messages. Just enter chat and then click their name and it will automatically take you to their profiles. =D Hope this helps.