Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

(OT) What might be a good way to unload items

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by AFBrat, Feb 25, 2004.

1. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

(OT) What might be a good way to unload items

I'm quitting D2 for good now, and I have plenty of good items to give or drop or whatever.....anyone have any interesting ways of getting rid of these items (and no, asking for them is not what I mean, nor do I intend to sell on E-bay).

I was thinking of spreading them out in Cold Plains, allying, and making a tp between all the items, let everyone rush for them. I also thought of giving them away in the trade forum, 1 item per messager.... any ideas? Perhaps what you were going to do. Since Ladder, I haven't formed a close enough bond with other players to just give my entire acct away, most of my friends have quit by now, and I've been soloing alot in 1.10.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

If you can't find any worthy recipient, just delete your characters. This way you don't disturb others.

I don't like beggers.. nor do I make people beg. Hiding it somewhere and watching ppl run around searching for it is no more mature than spreading bills from atop of a building.

3. myc

myc Banned

i would sell them on ebay

u spent your precious time collecting them didnt you?

4. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

start a trend of holding competitions... do like trivia or pvp or some sort of challenge for prizes.. and maybe it will pick up and get ppl to do friendly fun things. I remember participating in some trivia challenge way back and won a silks of the victor.. not a big thing but still fun... think of some gimmick that truly test ppl and you wont get too many beggars... or if u get beggars, they will have to hop on one leg for ya

5. liquidicem

liquidicem IncGamers Member

Try asking people on B-Net for help with something. It can be very difficult to get anyone to help someone else with anything. If you get someone willing to help, drop them a decent item and tell them to keep lending a hand to others. Your gift will be much more appreciated when it is unexpected. Or, as stated above do something like triva and keep it within the forum. Good luck in your future gaming endevors. Btw, what realm do you play on?

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I'm on Ladder US West.

7. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

I'd give them to forum people, as they seem by far the nicest. There's already a tradition of making a competition or just a draw between participants - I think it was king_elvis who gave each mule a number and gave one mule away to everyone who picked a number. Might as well spread a little happiness rather than just delete the stuff.

8. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I've thought about this, as I will surely be quitting at some point. My idea was to hold a race. I would make a game, teleport to some location and drop some items. The first person to reach the items would get them.

Obviously this would have to be done in a normal game with low level characters to avoid everyone just teleporting there in record time.

Partying would be allowed but not compulsory, so hopefully the more cooperative types would get together and reach the items first, whereas those who wanted it all for themselves would have a harder time.

9. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

There is a fine line.. Competition is okay, but I'd try not to give them to monkeys that do tricks.

I prefer drawing if you have to give it out to someone you don't know.

If you can find a nice person in a game, by all means, give him/her all you have! (or would you save some? test of your faith/heart too).

10. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

wow, you guys are coming up with some real good ideas now, I gave away much of my mid-lvl (exceptional and better normal) items in a couple big free games, just dropped them to the ground, but I won't do that for my best and rarest items. I had to give Aldurs Armor to a Druid who seemed desperate for one, he was very gratefull and his aura showed me it completed the set for him. Keep some ideas coming, tell me what you would do. Mr. Evil, you and I traded at some point as I remember, I know you have tons of stuff to unload when you quit.

11. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

By the way, it feels relieving to quit this game after nearly 4 years, fun as it was, I was spending too much time with it, and I was addicted, which is never good.

12. Apologetix

Apologetix IncGamers Member

i like the idea of rewarding random acts of kindness.. get someone to help you on bnet and reward them unexpectedly.. kind of like a pay it forward type of thing.. also the people on bnet are either really nice and helpful or big jerks.. rewarding the good and helpful few will give them some sort of motivation to continue doing so.. just my .02

13. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

This is what I am going to do when I quit D2. I am going to have an essay writing contest. I will read the essays and rewards those with the best essays.

14. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

Forum bingo or best score on Trogdor get my votes. Maybe whoever remebers where all the heart containers are in the original zelda..

15. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

hmmmm...lol, essay is not a bad idea, I'm sure that will weed the poor writers out though. I should give them a good essay topic lol, but I doubt most want to be reminded of school. Still, those that really need the items will weather the storm.

Bingo, eh, I'll give that a thought also. I tried requesting a NM Rush in channel with no indication of reward but people won't do that for free (understandably), or at least what they think is free ;). Those that would have done that for free deserve a couple good elite uniques.

16. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

thanks guys for all your input, I started a lottery drawing for 4 of my items in the Trading Forum for US West on this site, because you guys helped out I wanted to mention it to you in case you wanted to input some numbers before the end of the lottery tommorrow night.

17. Diablo2IsAnEvilGame

Diablo2IsAnEvilGame IncGamers Member

Gib Me Itam Plz I R Poor T_t

18. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

No problem :)

I'm on Europe, though, so I'll not participate. Thanks for the heads up, though.

19. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

Yeah placing items and having races would be a bad idea cuz noob monkeys know how to run and scavenge. Like I mentioned earlier, have some knowledge contests and reward kindness actions. Just make some prize packs and have some of the most fun you can have for as long as it lasts.