Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT - what do you miss (unfinished game)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Feb 26, 2004.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

OT - what do you miss (unfinished game)

Just want to know if anyone has anything in mind that really worth to play, but the game company didn't deliver as "promised".

For me, I semi-retired from D2, the one I really want to play, but blizzard didn't deliver is: StarCraft - what happened after Brood War? Remember there is a secret misson where you found the right hand human guy (forgot all char names, sorry) of the Queen of Zerg, who dispeared at the end of game (last zerg mission), has made super Zerg and Protoss combo bing on a secret bass. That indicated that there should be another xpack for StarCraft, that will feature one more super force (Zerg + Protoss abilities, that's like barb+pally+sorc abilities in D2). I serously want to play it, StarCraft is fun, even for now.

2. WaNg

WaNg IncGamers Member

Well, i really think that Blizz will make a Starcraft 2. There are SO many people who would buy it, so why not? And then you would probably get answers to your questions. I can't think of any game right now that really got me disappointed.

3. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

ME LIKY STARCRAFT!

Why do Blizz make this silly Ghost stuff, when Starcraft2 would be the most realistic sequal. Who makes a FPS shooter a sequal to a RTS game?

Vote Starcraft2! :thanks:

4. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

I really agree totally

But yes the whole protoss zerg will be a really nice story for the whole starcraft 2

5. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

There is one, C&C: Renegade. but it sucks.

SC: Ghost is on Xbox, so just another cash cow blizzard try to create beyound PC games. play proper StarCraft on Xbox is impossible!!!

Yes, let's Vote StarCraft2!

@dreamlessdude: if there will be starcraft2, human side will play the most important part - earth doesn't know what happened on Char; Jims (if I recall the name) went somewhere, doing unknown; the former empire rebuild his army - the empire will strike back; former zerg human commander build super bings combo both protoss/zerg power. not much happened to zerg, protoss just rebuild their homeland. It is also logical, as starcraft was all about protoss, brood war was about zerg, we need human's turn.

PS: it is tradition that you can tell if there will be more on sequal (from blizzard), if there is something important but yet unfinished at the end of game. For this reason, I don't think there will be D3 (not a big chance), but StarCraft, the whole story was cut in half!!!

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Elite II - The Frontier

Simply put, no other game has been so bug ridden in the whole history of computer games. Imagine a 3d game where you have battles with space ships moving incredibly fast and thus making it hard to aim. Now, imagine when you can press pause, aim, shoot, unpause and that way beat every opponent. Imagine a game that when out of the box, it refuses even to instal just because the instal program hasn't been properly made. Imagine a game where just about everything possible is bugged...yes, that's Elite II - The Frontier...

7. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

yes but when you look at the size of the programme, it was fantastic ! with two factions, misssions, pirates, .... what a game :flip:

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Half-Life

I have it but never played it thru. I guess I have to do it before I buy new comp and HL2 when it comes out :uhhuh:

edit:typo

9. IceDragon79

IceDragon79 IncGamers Member

Freelancer. this game could have been so much better if not for the involvement of MICROSOFT.

they didnt even put in the economy. once u know the best place to sell a comodity then that is that.. at least in Privateer there was a fulid economy..

also there is the lack of communication with other ship. u can 'hail' them and they tell u who they are where they are from and anything else appropriate but u cant demand their cargo or anything.

10. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

oh, there's worse

there's this one game - big rigs or something apparently it's the worst game ever made. i think it got a 1 on gamespot

11. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Baal, Elite was considered as The Game, ever. And for some people it still is The Game. The expectations for the game were bigger than they were for Diablo II or any other sequel ever.

And to this very date, that game is still bugridden, they never bothered to patch it up properly. Yet it still has the potential to become the greatest game ever, even though it's made before pentiums even existed. Actually it was first made for a machine called Amiga 500. I'm sure that rings a bell for those people who started gaming over 15 years ago, or even before that, like myself.

12. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i miss the really awesome pokemon PC game :teeth: i mean, i admit, i have played that game ALOT on my gameboy color in the train to work :lol: and hey, it wasnt that shabby after all
    maybe they should make a diablo kind of game for pokemon....wOOt, i found a ethereal pikachu :lol:

13. chiam_ace

chiam_ace IncGamers Member

Starcraft....I started with D2 classic and then switched to Starcraft and I was semi-progamer in my country before I stopped and came back to D2 exp. I still like Starcraft in 2D coz in strategy games I just think 3D sucks. 3D in RPG is awesome but everything seems to be slowed in strategy game if it was 3D, which W3 sucked in some way.

Korean Starcraft progamers still earn a few hundred thousand dollars for half year contract to the sponsored teams tho.

14. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Stars! Supernova has been one of my greatest expectations in a grand long time.

The game has been near finished since 2000 and promises a very deep strategical level with awesome artwork and all the stuff that made the original Master of Orion fun and enthralling.

Unfortunately this game (though being an excellent multiplayer game) is devoid of all those flashy 3d graphics and lifelike animations that companies believe are necessary for a modern game. In fact it is friggin' turn based!

Therefore they have trouble finding anyone to fund an actual launch and the distribution and marketing costs. I can understand them to some degree. While it already has a solid fan-base and would probably win the heart of all the disgruntled Master of Orion fans it would still be a rather marginal game played by a small elite clique.

Especially because it is a game that requires patience and training to master.

15. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Well, it's not the biggest disappointment ever in a game for me, but I was perturbed when I got Final Fantasy X-2. Basically, the game is a dress-me-up, eye candy game, with little story plot development. They could have done a LOT more with characters and their personalities, but instead, they chose to put in a million little side quests with barely any relation to the main plot (or lack thereof).

On the plus side, the CG movie sequences were godly, and the voice acting is half-decent. Heck, even the mouths move appropriately to the speech. I beat the game with a total of 51% completed. The ending for that sucked the big one. When I started the Extra New Game mode, I realize that, although I get to keep my original equipment and outfits, I still have to do EVERYTHING over again, hear all the same speeches, just to do the side quests I missed for a different ending. I said forget it, and I haven't played it since.

Is it a good game? In a matter of speaking. If you're looking for awesome graphics and redundant/easy battles, then yes, it's a good game. Heck, even the end boss can be killed with NO difficulty whatsoever. Bah.

Is it worth $50? Hell no. Plain and simple. Save your money for Doom 3 or Half-Life 2.

~K_P