OT: Weed/Pot/Reefer/Ganja

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Weed/Pot/Reefer/Ganja

Ok This is probably going to be a pretty contraversial thread so i want to say that this is not a thread about smoking pot or how high you have been. I just want to know what you personally feel about it. My curiosity springs from the contravercity surrouding it in america about its legalization.

IMO i think that it should be legalized as use for illness and possibly for general consuption. However i also think that people should be allowed to use substances such as marajuana.

Mods id this sort of thread is not allowed i am sorry not intended as a thread that is bad just looking for pther peoples O's

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm big on doing whatever works best for you, as long as you don't hurt anyone else along the way (or preach about it too much). If weed's your thing, good for you. If not, then good for you too. Either way, i'm gonna make my own choice.

I also figure if our gov't can make billions of tax$ off of tobacco, why not throw a little pot into the mix & see if we can: kill the debt/feed the hungry/cure cancer/save mother nature, etc.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Absolutely not, no way in ****ing hell it should be allowed for public use. Even for medical use it should be very tightly controlled, and anyone use it will be prohibited from driving till the effects are off.

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never understood why it can't be government controlled. As mentioned, levy a tax, run government controlled stores (like liquor stores in many states) with ID checks, updated DUI laws, and presto. That way adults can make a decision about their own bodies for themselves without any real threat - at least not any more than alcohol already causes.

NSXDreamer - I don't intend to attack your beliefs, I'm just curious what threat you see in a situation like the one above. What do you feel will happen if cannabis is made legal but controlled tightly?

damaris

Diabloii.Net Member
back on 2003(i think), when i was in china took a chinese language as my bachelor subject. i met this guy, big-fat-korean guy, he's my classmate but he looks more like a leader of some black mobs or somethin, when we attended a class, he always coughing... didnt know why... yet

so one day, i have a chance to come to his apartment. there were me, him and other 2 korean guy. this big-fat korean guy asked me:
"so tobi, do u smoke?"
i said: "sometimes... that was long ago, why?"
then he gave a cigarette that was already filled with mariujana, then out of a sudden we started to smoke marijuana!
we started to laughing..., not normal laugh, but histerically laugh... the big fat korean guy said to us:
"ok, tonight we'll make a deal, everyone here not allowed to sleep. the one who fall to sleep first, have to buy meals for others!"
then while we're smoking, we watched a video, forgot the title, but everythin we saw looks very funny.... we kept awake till 3 AM
then on the second day, i hardly woke up from my bed, felt a little dizzy, and the worst part, got a sore throat that lasted for 1 week!

so my conclusion is:
smokin habit is worse than playing diablo2 :D

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
If alcohol is legal, I see no reason for pot to be illegal. Most reasons given about pot can compare directly to inhibiting side effects of alcohol, but no one is clamoring for a 2nd prohibition...

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
If alcohol is legal, I see no reason for pot to be illegal. Most reasons given about pot can compare directly to inhibiting side effects of alcohol, but no one is clamoring for a 2nd prohibition...
Shh! Don't give them any ideas! :teeth:

BenRosser787

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm big on doing whatever works best for you, as long as you don't hurt anyone else along the way
That's just it: These drugs can cause harm to everyone around you...You may not be aware of your actions.

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
BenRosser787 said:
That's just it: These drugs can cause harm to everyone around you...You may not be aware of your actions.
My reply to everyone who thinks like this (and I know there's alot)

Get your pitchforks out and into the streets to protest the legality of alcohol!

Or is there some double standard I'm unaware of? :scratch: I like to make this argument, as often these debates turn into pot-bashing, but the hypocrisy of allowing something just as bad or worse to flow freely is glaring IMO.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
lol, i wasn't much of a history student, but didn't prohibition happen right before the great depression? Aren't those two directly related? They sure sound like they should be.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
BenRosser787 said:
IMO, a valid point - when it's in the proper context. I've experimented in the past, and alcohol always was more likely to put me past that point than weed.

BenRosser787 said:
IMO: you see this is exaty the problem i think that marajuana is overclassified as a really harmfull drug. When you are on the hard drugs coke ect. yes you are more likeley to be a danger to others but, pot does not really make people crazy. the wors thing i have seen come from pot are bad grades(lack of motavation really) and forgetfulness. Personally i think that drinking alchol is as bad as smoking pot and more dangerous(beatings/DUI ect)
thanks all of you for you views i really appriciate everyone keeping it civil ;) .

and in case neone was wondering no i do not smoke pot, or drink for that matter.
EDIT: agree with sirpoopsalot same thing in my exp

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to bed, but I know I'm going to miss the post that reads "well by that reasoning all drugs should be legal." And that is total crap. Cocaine, heroine, LSD, Xtasy, Dextromethorphin Hydrobromide, peyote, psilocibin (sp?)... They all have very bad, permanent side effects like brain damage, addiction, insanity :chuckle:.

The fact is, pot is no more harmful than alcohol, while most if not all other "harder" drugs can not claim so. I have never heard of a hazing where a freshman smoked himself to death. Nor can others show it *does* have medical uses, or has a history of use. It was called a "peace pipe" for a reason, there isn't aggressive tendencies associated with it (ala alcohol).

The reasons go on longer, but my night does not. :yawn:

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't and haven't personally smoked anything but an occational cigar with friends, but I have nothing against those that do. A lot of guys I hung out with back in high school were/are potheads, but I still spent time with em. Granted, I now have a decent paying job and am halfway through college, and they're all still just potheads...but that's probably more because they were bums to begin with.
If we (the u.s.) were to legalize it, I'd deffinetly agree on having expanded owi laws. I've seen people do crazy things while high that cigarettes never would have made them do.
Personally, I wouldn't mind legalizing all narcotics, but mostly as a means of population control. I'm all for less people...

~Bails

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana by any measure you use to gauge it. Kills more people, destroys more families, leads to more automobile accidents.

I think marijuana should be legal, regulated, and taxed. I wouldn't smoke it--the last time I did Reagan was in the White House, and I don't really miss it a bit. But there aren't any logical reasons to view it differently from tobacco (although DUI rules should be applied to pot-smokers).

So . . . do you think Gheed smokes?

logger120

Diabloii.Net Member
how about this...

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE EVEN DIED FROM AN OVERDOSE OF MARIJUANA?????

ANSWER: NONE

FACT OF THE DAY: Studies show that caffine is more addictive than marijuana and caffine is deadly; pot is not.

CONCLUSION: BAN STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!! NO MORE COFFEE!!!!!! MUUUUHHAAAHHAAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
logger120 said:
how about this...

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE EVEN DIED FROM AN OVERDOSE OF MARIJUANA?????

ANSWER: NONE

FACT OF THE DAY: Studies show that caffine is more addictive than marijuana and caffine is deadly; pot is not.

CONCLUSION: BAN STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!! NO MORE COFFEE!!!!!! MUUUUHHAAAHHAAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Joke or not, it's arguments like this that prevent legalization of marijuana from being taken seriously.

geep

Diabloii.Net Member
They should legalize it. It should be government controlled bought/sold/grown. Anyone that does it not thru the government would go to jail. Make the illegal drug market go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.