Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: wacko trial results announced!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, Jun 13, 2005.

1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

OT: wacko trial results announced!

Hot off the press, heres the details of the michael jackson trial.

Conspiricy - not guilty
    all 5 molestation charges - not guilty
    all charges of giving alcohol/drugs to kids - not guilty

So not guilty on all charges.
    Well thats pretty convincing...but he's still a freak. :teeth:

2. Draxer

Draxer Diabloii.Net Member

Whered you here this bob?

Hes a child molester evreyone nos hes guilty its his music that sways jurys in his favor someone should put him in a cell with bubba for about 2 weeks he'll never touch a kid again.

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Was live on the radio a couple of minutes ago, its all official.
    And i rekon your right. If he was a nobody, the outcome may have been different.

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Diabloii.Net Member

If he was a nobody, the moms wouldn't be sending their kids to spend the week with him either. Nor would people try to extort money from him (oops, my opinion there...) So no trial at all, or fuel for the tabloids. :p

Gotta love trials by jury. They need to consider the credibility of both the defense and prosecuting witnesses.

5. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I'd say he's been deemed guilty of irrelevancy and excessive creepiness by the public at large, at least here in the states.

- Noodle

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Yes, if being a creepy colour changing thing with a plastuic nose was a crime, he would be sentanced to life. And yep, im pretty sure the whole world thinks he's a creep, even before the trial.

7. JicamaEater

JicamaEater Diabloii.Net Member

My grandpa said something about the trial like "They should send Michael to jail because there's obviously something wrong with him, and they should send the mom to jail for trying to extort him." Which is how I probably would put it too.

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas Diabloii.Net Member

Seriously though, if you'd send him to a regular jail he probably wouldn't survive.

The outcome surprised me a bit, but it seems like I followed the media too much. In my eyes he was guilty, however that is only because I allways heard he was guilty.

EDIT: It's true though.. my recourses say he's not guilty too (dutch nes sites etc.) ;)

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer Diabloii.Net Member

I am suprised at the result, not because I think he should be guilty, but because I'm suprised that the jury actually used their brain and saw through the scam squad.

10. water_moon

water_moon Diabloii.Net Member

That's why he probably wouldn't have been put in the normal prison system. The media had already been speculating if he would be put in the max security prison with Charles Manson and the dude who assinated RFK.

11. whomhead

whomhead Diabloii.Net Member

Well, he's certainly a freak. No doubt about that one. Wether or not he actually molested anyone, he's got some horrible judgement. I mean, he's worth millions and he invites young boys to come stay over at his hohuse. Alone. Now, it doesn't take too long to figure out that even if they do nothing but juggling lessons, someone's going to try and take advantage of this situation.

12. Dodgydave

Dodgydave Diabloii.Net Member

Who really cares?

The result was blatantly obvious from the start. If there was even a chance he was going to be found guilty there's no way he would have let it go to trail. He may be a freak but he's not completely stupid.

13. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

I wasn't keeping track of the MJ case very well so I can't judge, but now that he's been declared not guilty, I wonder how the accusers will react.

14. SincereX13

SincereX13 Diabloii.Net Member

I really dislike MJ... and am happy that he at least here in the states is (and was prior to the trial) struggling. Sleeping with little boys does not fly in my book. Is he guilty of being idiotic absolutly, he of all people should know better than to have strange people in and out of his life/living area all the time. As for the guilty of molestation... well I'll believe jurors verdict, they are much more informed than I.

That is until the next time he goes to trail for molestation :rolleyes:

15. nobo

nobo Diabloii.Net Member

i don't know what to think of the michael jackson causa, honestly i didn't follow it well.

1) many parents may demand aments. michael jackson, who "loves" (uh? :lol: ) kids would have to pay alot, parents & kids could live without any financial troubles.
    2) there have been similiar accusations every year, so probably there's some truth in these.

imo, fact is that m.j. likes to huggle/snuggle/cuddle (great english verbs :lol: ) with kids... ...is that a crime?
    - well, of course huggling/snuggling/cuddling with kids (sleeping with them in the same bed) isn't very popular in the USA and everywhere else.

guilty? probably not. innocent? of course not.

16. Shakes

Shakes Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, I think this is totally untrue. He's reportedly spent 95 million in defending himself this trial. In 1993 he spent 20 million to get rid of the last allegations. Even adjusting for inflation, the previous buyoff was much cheaper than going to trial, especially when you consider that his finances were in much better shape back in 1993.

Personally I think he went to trial because he realised if he bought someone off again, it would never stop and people cashing in would basically drive him bankrupt. He had no choice but to go to trial.

As far as the trial results go, it's pretty obvious that not guilty is the only logical result. Remember, you're found not guilty, you're never found innocent. Who knows whether he did or didn't do it. It's not really important. What is important is the prosecution bungled the case horribly, and brought witness after witness with zero credibility. It seemed like they had a never ending supply of people with an axe to grind against Michael Jackson up on the stand. The defense was on to this and showed the ploy for what it was, and from then on the trial could only ever end one way.

17. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 Diabloii.Net Member

I usually go to give fairness, but MJ is a Complete nutcase, and a freak. Anyone who watched Martin *Basheer's* nightline interview with jacko in early 2003 would know this. Quote"It is a loving and special thing to share your bed"Endquote. He thinks it's ok to sleep in the same bed with a 12 year old. He's definitly nutters.

18. g3rb

g3rb Diabloii.Net Member

NOt being rude or anythign but you and a lot of people must not have watched the trial. Micheal JAckson did not sleep int he SAME BED with little kids. He was in the bed with him but in his HUGE ass room which is like my entire house he has more than one bed and the children slept in those beds in the same room. Sure MJ is a freak and has a very weird view on reality but when it gets into court case, its about evidence and witness', and that mom of the son was the worse witness in the history of courtTV ;) and the evidence was not there.

P.S Micheal Jackson was and will be the greatest performer/singer in the history of the world :)

19. SincereX13

SincereX13 Diabloii.Net Member

Actually I did watch the trial pretty intently (I love the Abrams Report) and I'm fairly sure it was common knowledge that MJ was in bed w/ young boys. Even the defense admitted to this. I never said he molested anyone... but that doesn't change the fact that he knowingly sleep w/ children :rolleyes:

20. Sleepless

Sleepless Diabloii.Net Member

Sounds like the first part of a quote in south park

Sounds like the end of tthe exact same quote I'm talking about. Am I getting ma d or something ? :D