Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: trying to make chains of honor here

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by alexisonfire, Feb 27, 2004.

1. alexisonfire

alexisonfire IncGamers Member

OT: trying to make chains of honor here

ok, so one of my pals is offering me a 4 socket dusk shroud. he wants an UM and KO. now i know that an achron plate would be best, but how hard is it to trade/find one? the dusk shroud has 445 defense, and i know the max defense of the achron is like 530 or so. whats the dip in AC that i should expect? and more importantly, is this trade worth it, or am i getting ripped off. i need the armor, a DOL(easy), IST, and BER. i HAVE for TRADE:

1xUM
    2xFAL
    2xLUM
    1xKO
    1xHEL
    2xIO
    1xSHAEL
    Arrearts Face w/UM
    B Star
    Guardian Angel
    Griswolds Heart w/RAL, ITH, THUL
    Lightsabre
    Ethereal Edge Axe (that one that is etheral and indestructable)
    Hellrack
    Fetid Water Sprinkler w/AMN
    The Atlantean
    Crescent Moon Ammy
    Mavinas gloves and belt
    String of ears
    Djinn Slayer
    Demon Limb
    Que-Hagans Wisdom (ethereal)
    Dark Adherent (Disciple armor)

i do hellforge runs quite a bit, and thats where ive gotten all these runes...and ive been lucky with the um's....so knowing all this....should i trade? THANKS!

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

there is both a trade and trading values forum just a few short clicks away

but id hafta to say save the um and just run chaos//worldstone looking for high lvl armors to socket quest

3. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

I agree, save youre runes. You can find a higer def armor fairly easily just doing some pit or baal runs.

4. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

I might be wrong but I think Larzuk will give any item the maximum number of sockets if the item is normal and the item is found in hell. If you find a plain white dusk shroud or archon plate, Larzuk would give the item four sockets. This also holds true for ethereal elite armor that are not magical, set, rare or unique.

While I don't exactly condone rushing, if you already have some cheesy character you have rushed just for hellforge quests, you might as well use their socketing quests to try to get the maximum number of sockets if I am wrong. If it doesn't work, all you have lost is a socketing quest. Better that than trading all those top level runes.

Note: Using superior elite normal armor with four sockets is going to cost an arm and a leg to repair even 1 durability point so the archon plate is going to be cheaper in the long run.

5. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

What is this thread doing here O_O, Ragna come back!

6. alexisonfire

alexisonfire IncGamers Member

i posted in trading values, but no responses...you guys are far more helpful.

another off topic question though...i decided to try and get a regular archon plate and use the socketing quest to put 4 sockets in it. where would be the best places to hunt for it...either pits or WSK right? cause of the item level.

also what should i be expecting to give up for a BER rune? IST rune? Thanks again, you all are very helpful!