Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Today GameSpy Semi-Finals!!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Crogon, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

OT: Today GameSpy Semi-Finals!!

As some of you may already be aware, Diablo II is in Gamespy's Title Fight for the Best Game of all Time. Today is the semi-finals and our old Blizzard favorite needs your support. Diablo II is world renowned for having the largest fan base on the face of the planet!! Due to some alleged cheating earlier in the election, you now have to register to vote, but SO WHAT? You can fake everything INCLUDING the e-mail address.

We've come this far, this is NO time to give up! For the first time ever Diablo II is losing. Spread the word, tell everyone you know, show your support and go vote for Diablo II! When your mother's best friends sister has voted for Diablo II, you've done your job. :) At any rate this is just the thing that may make Blizzard get off their butts and start working on Diablo III! :D

Here's the link to register (if you need it):

https://www.gamespyid.com/index.aspx

Here's the link to vote:

http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0502.shtml

GOGO Diablo II Community!!!

2. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

STOP POSTING THIS ON ALL THE FORUMS! THIS IS SPAM! reported.

3. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

One post makes a spam? This new vote round just started, Flux lists it on the front page of the site when he gets around to it. This new vote is not yet posted on the d2 homepage yet. I didn't even know d2 was up against 1/2 life today unti I'd read this post.

Thanx for the heads up with the one post spam :buddies:

Edit: Ahh, you meant he posted this in each one of the forums I'll bet. Don't know for sure yet since I mostly only read the HC forums and occasionally the Amazon. Which I think is common for many people to have a "favorite" hang out place. Thnx again for letting us know about the latest round.

4. Carnage-DVS

Yea he posted this in off topic forum as well. It's quite annoying as its all quite pointless.

5. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

He did include the link to register, which I needed to vote since I'm really lazy. So I voted D2 now. I won't make any difference since it looks like halflife is going to pwn us anyway.

I don't understand why, Halflife was only cool as a single player game. How can a singleplayer game beat an online game that is still popular after 4 years?

6. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

My bet is that the CSers joined in since they got owned badly earlier.
    I prefer DoD over CS any day of the week though. It's a much more fun LAN party game. :)

Lucky

7. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

I prefer WoW...

damit lemme in the betaa!!!! >_<

haha :p

Halflife was a great game when it was released, as at that time games were...well...duke nukem? :D

8. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

I am so pissed right now, I could chew nails. I just learned that the only reason Half Life is beating Diablo II is because people connect to Half Life servers THROUGH GameSpy. People in the GameSpy forums are saying that it was inevitable that Half Life win the competition.

HORSESHI*!!!!!

50,000 people at the least are playing Diablo II at any given point in time, we just need to get the word out. Diablo II is known for it's MAMMOTH user base, we just need to pull all of our resources together to pull this off.

Let the Lord of Terror REIGN SUPREME!! Half Life must be wrought upon the sacrificial alter!! <Insert gutteral roar from the beginning of the game>

9. Carnage-DVS

Ok you need a reality check. It's an online poll about a computer game and you're getting worked up about it. Do you know how pathetic that sounds? Do you know how pathetic you sound? Please, read what you've typed. It's truly....pathetic.

And stop spamming.

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

First of all, BW has 80K+ users on at any given point, it's not the user base but the fansite base that determines who wins these polls >_<
    Second of all, not only is D2 up against Half-Life + CS, but also against the so called "bitter whiny BW/ANTI-D2" group. I'll just be impressed if they can top all of that combined.
    Third of all go vote for mario, as pointed out by the editor in favor of mario on the poll site:
    As such I don't see that you have any choice in the matter.

Finally, yes I'm aware carnage feels these are spam, and I'm aware that I've posted in every one that has come up on the HC forum whining about BW not winning like it should have even though it is a pointless poll. That's not going to stop me now though.