Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Things that go bump in the night

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Darkwell, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

OT: Things that go bump in the night

What are your fears? Big or small.

Mine are; 1) not living long enough to see grandchildren. 2) spiders crawling across my face when I sleep.

2. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Spiders, something happening to Marisa, and not fulfilling my perceived potential.

3. Shadolupin

Shadolupin IncGamers Member

I cant stand spiders. Hate 'em. And of course their is the thing that lives in my closet... :hanky:

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I have a fear of heights, also slight fear of the dark but no so much anymore...and spiders seriously freak me out...I can't even be in the same room as them. Also living long enough to see grandchildren:)

Why are you afraid of your mother??:)

5. Shadolupin

Shadolupin IncGamers Member

Why, you ask, why? Because she LIVES IN my closet and will not stop rumaging through my room(looking for contraband) But seriousley(not)(sp) something does live in my closet :eek: :eek:
    Gaaaa its a giant spider... like the ones from Harry Potter :D

6. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Working 9-5 5 days a week.

7. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

I also have the spider fear. I can be near them, but cant kill them. That is too close. If I miss, they run like mad and it scares the jeebies outta me. Heights is another big one. Also, whenever I see a ghost show I start trying to scare myself by seeing things in the dark. And whenever I watch a Most Wanted show, and they show the close up of the persons face, that for some reason freaks me out. I get the feeling they are in my backyard or something.

8. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

not as bad as working retail-- 8 hours between 9am-10pm but longer around holidays for up to 10 days in a row (5 days a work week does not equal M-F) and weekends almost without fail. Not to mention the problem customers *shudder*

I'm not afraid of heights; I'm afraid of falling from them, esp if I'm leaning or standing on glass (or other clear material) ie. I love looking from planes but can't lean against the glass at the top of the arch.

I'm afraid of not being able to breath in a closed space but I have no problem wearing a tight necklace while swiming.

Dunno, your fears are what you make of them I guess.

9. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

I sometimes get vertigo when I'm looking down from high places, but I wouldn't actually say that I'm afraid of heights; I actually get a rush from it.

Like most people, I detest spiders, insects, and things that creep and crawl in general. The sight of a spider doesn't send me running out of the room shrieking, but I'm loathe to dispose of it in the usual manner (picking it up with tissue paper and crushing it). Just the way the spider squirms in my fingers as I pick it up...*shudders*. I have an easier time killing a lab rat via cervical dislocation or decapitation and then performing a dissection on it.

I've always been disconcerted by human corpses as well, a reaction I'm sure is fairly normal. When I worked in a medical research center, and sharing an elevator ride with a cadaver on a gurney wasn't an unusual occurance. The cadavers are usually under a sheet, but I've seen an exposed one before, and it's not a pretty sight.

Not sure if those constitute fears or not, but they certainly make my skin crawl.

10. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Hew it seems everyone else hates spiders too. iguess i can fit in after all :D . Spiders and dog owners who never wash their dogs, nothing like petting a dog that just smells bad and leaves its smell on your hands. :mad:

11. Seishinkan

Seishinkan IncGamers Member

My two biggest fears are 1) something bad happening to my two children and 2) bridges. Heights don't bother me. I can stand on the top of a building or at the edge of a canyon and look down but I get queasy when I'm on a bridge and can see that nothing is under me.

12. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

All of you who fear spiders at night, don't worry. If one does run across your face while you sleep it will most likely get sucked in when you inhale. I forget the exact number, but the average human eats roughly 40 insects per year in their sleep.

What do I fear? I fear that if I tell everyone what my real opinions are on everything, rather than the edited versions everyone always speaks, that they will all be either afraid or disgusted and either way not want to speak to me again.

13. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

PM me something disgusting Tenaka...I won't take offense I promise you:)
    This is also something I worry about a lot, twisted psycopath that I am:)

14. Darkwell

As long as it doesn't involve children, murder or sheep, say what you will.

15. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I don't mind spiders. :D I pick them up and throw them out if I'm in a good mood, or squish them when I'm not.

I'm afraid of having too much stuff to do in a short time. I handle pressure well, too well, that even if I got everything due tomorrow and I haven't start any of them yet, I can still to sit on the couch to watch TV, and not hurrying up to do them. Guess handle pressure too well isn't a good thing.

16. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon IncGamers Member

I tend to avoid social situations. Especially parties, or family reunions, that kind of thing. Some days I'd rather not interact with other people at all.

Ironically, I work in technical support. :rolleyes:

17. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

this is an urban myth. It's decidedly not true. In fact, the original variation of this (the average human eats 8 spiders a year in their sleep) was specifically made up to demonstrate how easily made up facts can be transmitted over the internet and accepted as truth despite any evidence.

further details can be found here

18. Darkwell

Now I know why I get put on hold every time I call tech support. Your all cast from the same mold.

19. Mraezk

Mraezk IncGamers Member

Mostly clowns. *cringe*

Not sadistic Jester/Joker looking things mind you, but those red haired Ronald McDonald types with the big hair and big noses. Gaah.

I get the same uncomfortable vibe off Android types in some movies too, depending on how they look. Also the whole mixing of machines with organic matter, both fictional and non, makes my skin crawl.

20. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

right now? running out of beer.

usually? hm dunno, not being able to do all the things and see all the things i really want to before dying i guess