Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Great Garbadic Giveaway and Retirement Speech (EVERYONE will get something)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Garbad_the_Weak, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

OT: The Great Garbadic Giveaway and Retirement Speech (EVERYONE will get something)

Hey all,

The day has finally come. I have been playing this game so long I can't remember how many years its been. I've made so many chars I can't recall them all. But the time has come to retire for good. I planned on writing a massive retirement speech and thank you, but I am sure no one wants to read it anyhow. Maybe sometime later.

I've recommended Fenris as my replacement. His example will keep our forum beginner friendly. Sorry to the others, there were a lot of you I could have picked. My last act as mod will be to ban myself as promised.

On a side note, I am happy to see Clan Honor active again before I quit. It is good to know legit dueling will outlive me.

Now, to what most of you are here for...the giveaway.

I have had SO many people give me items, duel with, etc it is hard to be fair. Because I don't think I can be perfectly fair, I decided a contest would be best. A simple contest, because I have over 40 mules of godly pvp items to dispose of, including over 160 legit fine vitas, more than 75 skills with 30+ life, dozens of the best possible weapons and armor, runes, blah blah blah.

So...

Here is the deal. For each ear you bring me, I will give you one item. It doesn't matter whose ear it is or how you got it, but no duplicates. Simply post your acct here and I will contact you and pay you per ear.

If anyone gets lucky ( :D ) and manages to get one of my own ears (I want a screenshot), I will give you one of my top items, your choice. Some of my better items are worth several hundred runes.

I want to flood b.net with ears to celebrate the retirement of the last great diablo one dueler! To the hunt my bretheren!! BRING ME TEH EARS!! :D

GGs all,
    Garbad

EDIT: I am sorry everyone, but this thread was an April's Fools joke :) See my later post for details.

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Oh, forgot one thing. Post quickly, as I will close this thread in a day or so and only those will get to participate.

NO PMs, emails, or msging me online please, I am at work.

EDIT: Btw, I forgot to mention realm. This covers both west, east, and euro sc nonladder. The easties and euros will have to settle for only high runes, as I never really made an acct to use them. I also have minor items in HC west ladder and nonladder (shakos, storms, etc, but no godly stuff).

Garbad

3. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

accnt = Stickels

west

I wonder if I threw out my breeders ear collection...

its like 11:15 here now, I'll try to get on as soon as I can, I'm at school so probably at around 3:15 or so.

4. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

Well sad to see an active forumer go. I'm on east ladder and have an ear or 2 for you :) I like your idea of collecting ears.

err so you are only non ladder?

My acct is *EndTheory.

5. Joshua

Joshua IncGamers Member

Hmmm,

I never thought i would regret not saving ears :rant:

6. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

I've got some ears my account name is Denzik

And i'm on East but i'm on ladder... is that a problem?

7. Tardles

Tardles IncGamers Member

*nardbasket

I'll be on tonight around 8 EST.

Thanks, and even in the short time that I've been here, I've enjoyed your posts.

8. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Garbad My friend, I will miss you.

Fenris as in banned twice fenris... oh well, I trust your judgement.

Account Name: Kbob_TheLegit
    East, Non-ladder, Old 76 Legit Accnt

When I get home, I'm going pwning with my Wind Druid just for you my friend and scream "FOR GARBAD!" every kill I make.

Me wants r00nz :cheesy:

Goodbye my friend, Cheers :drink: :drink:

~Kbob

Oh and trust me... Ears 'o' Plenty, save Me some big runes

Edit: oh Garbad I'll be getting home around 3:00 Eastern time zone, and will stay logged on for most of the night. Should have a huge pile of ears by 4:00 or less.

9. smf

smf IncGamers Member

my account is 'byshup' and im on us east, non ladder.

i got some ears.

10. Garbad_the_Weak

O_O

Hahaha. Tell ya what. To be fair to the east ladderers and such, I will still give them an item that matches their realm as close as possible (say an east nonladder rune or something) and they can sell it and get something ladder.

EDIT: And I don't keep runes below UM or any nonuseful item worth less than about a tals armor, so don't worry about getting junk. All the items are useful and/or expensive.

Garbad

11. goneil

goneil IncGamers Member

Sorry to see ya go Garbad, the Druid forum is my favorite by far.
    Im on US EAST non-ladder and my account is *goneil
    I could use a few runes myself, and I have plenty of needy friends. (for some reason I have a lot of newb friends, maybe its because i give so much stuff away myself...)
    Now im gonna go get my WereBear druid and start smaking people around till they give me their ears. Ill probably be online for a little while between 4 and 6 today, if not ill definitely be online Friday night.

I hope you'll still show up in the forums from time to time.

cya-

goneil

12. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

It will be sad to see ya go... I'm fairly new to the forums, but as i started as a druid the druid forum will always be home, and i must say i know you had to have given advice that helped me at least once. The whole druid forum will miss you.

13. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

If you hold to your word and focus on your real life rather than D2 then I won't see you again. Have a good life Garbad and make as many people as you can incredibly happy. I'm sure you'll succeed at that.

Celine

14. BlindGuardian

BlindGuardian IncGamers Member

Hey Garbad
    I've been reading this forums for at least 3 months, and your guides helped me so much i dunno how to thank you, right now, im planning on a fire druid, having your guide as reference. Well good luck in whatever you are gonna do after d2! I guess lots of ppl will miss your advices and stuff, including me. =/

I have some ears here, dunno how many, i'm usually on as *ghlorfindel or *seventhwind , I play USWest Ladder SC.

15. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Have a great life and happy evarythang! Also: How about I give you an ear on euro ladder, and I get something on east? Would that work? I'm starting out on east you see...

If so,

*craftymarfy, europe ladder

EARS EARS EARS

16. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

hmm, i'd have a mule full of garbad ears if i saved them ><

quite sorry to hear this actually, since you r driving force behing CH, and although it will still go on it will certainly be less active than otherwise without you around

*ppick1, *ppickeast, most interested in any east caster pally stuff, even leftovers

thx

17. SnowBlind

SnowBlind IncGamers Member

Got quite a few ears..
    *ethereal / *[email protected] on europe realm :x
    druid forum OT spam will continue?

18. Garbad_the_Weak

Hahaha, you would too :) Of all the people I have dueled, not many have topped me pala v pala as much as you have. Of course, it was all lag/luck *cough*

Garbad

19. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

I always knew you sucked ... :D
    I'll miss your polls, though! Have fun, uhm, something. FenrisWulf could be a great mod. I want Europe items, by the way. If you even have any. I won't bother trading for USWest/East items. *Strid

Post once in a while to let us know that you are ok! Else I WILL e-mail you pictures of my naked butt that will make you shiver O_O

O_O I'm gonna miss your constant O_Oing all the time... :)

BYEE!!

20. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Great mod, great forum, great fire guide, and leat but not least...great sigs:hanky: :hanky: :hanky:

Good luck...
    I'm gonna go try to win some ears with my PvM chars :)