Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT:... the diablo books

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by smilts, Oct 12, 2006.

1. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

OT:... the diablo books

I was wondering if anyone in the spf was into reading these books. Im looking for a new series to start so thought Id ask the wise people here if they were any good.

2. nex

nex IncGamers Member

I have read two of them. They were complete garbage. Absolutely horrible crap.

I mean, I didn't except great literature but they were really bad even as brainless entertainment... I want 2 hours of my life I spent on reading this crap back :evil:

So, no, I wouldn't recomend them.

3. Ikeren

Ikeren IncGamers Member

I read the first 3, there is a fourth. They we're mediocre at best, not good, not great, but I wouldn't say they we're that apalling - I've read worse. A small step up from RA Salvatore books or Dragon Lance.

4. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Somehow, I expected that answer. I bet the people who created the books have never played the game. I could almost guarantee you that the SPF combined could write great d2 literature. WHat do you guys think?

5. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I think you are probably rite about that.
    On another note however I love R.A. Salvador's books both in the forgotten realms and seperate. And Dragon Lance to a lesser degree

6. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

There are books written about Diablo?

Jeez I need to read outside my common genera. With 5 authors I really like, they seem to keep me enthralled with their new books coming out.

I'll have to look up this Diablo series.

P.S. Anyones else know that the built in spell checker doesn't have Diablo as a know word.:scratch: A little strange considering what this forum is made for.

7. mrfrost

mrfrost IncGamers Member

I currently own all (4) books. However the fourth "book" is really a comic book in fact. The Kingdom of Shadow was lacking, but not garbage. The other 2 paperbacks were excellent in my opinion, one by R. Knaak, and Mel Odom respectively. I look forward to reading the next two [new! I assume?] called Spider Moon, and The Sin Wars.

I read quite a bit and found these to be excellent reads. In fact I have read garbage and these were not contrary to the other posts here, but hey everyone has an opinion.

As soon as I devour the next two I will post my recommendations here. Have a nice day before some *** screws it up.:cool:

8. JinXX

JinXX IncGamers Member

mr frost, what other books do you like? id kind of like to judge by your opinions of some others i have read. in the last few years george rr martin and robert jordan have kinda taken over the fantasy realm and raised it to a new lvl like tolken and andre norton did in their day so im kinda bias now.

9. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I would like to post that I read book 1 in the sin war (birthright) today and it wasnt to bad not in my point of view anyway.
    I also would love to hear others favorite books or series