Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 28, 2016.

1. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

RL: 3.84 miles of walking up and down alongside a fence at the one place in Maine for decent pokemon Yesterday. Not good for legs. Still in pain today. Next trip back to that place is the 10th-12th.

D2: Nope.

OVG: Did get an awesome dragonair over 1000 cp. Hatched a GRIMER from a 5k egg. This event definitely got more people back into GO. Kind of nice. Tomorrow after the legs recover= more walking for 2 10k eggs....

2. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

RL: So yesterday i bought my first comic book, Y: The Last Man, which is awesome by the way. Today I went in and bought Dark Knight Returns. Oops. I also bought these... No more spending this year xD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portal-2-0...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TBNGV692YY0CZHXHGYR2

D2: Nope...

OVG: Oh, I also bought Arkham: Asylum, City and Origins :p I think that I played Asylum on PS3 or something when it first came out. Also, making gradual progress on Pokemon Y, ready for Sun/Moon.

3. Zeckls

Zeckls Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I work all evening. No real plans otherwise.

D2: Holy Frost Zealot is at the end of A2. I'll likely finish that off and try to finish A3 tonight, as well. My personal kill speed is a bit low but the merc has a rare pike with a nice ED roll + LL and some other less important stats. Could've sworn there was a gambling guide lying somewhere around but I can't seem to find it.

OVG: Err... Might play XCom 2, WoW or Hearthstone, but they're all pretty unlikely.

4. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome Zeckls !!!

Zeckls likes this.
  5. Kitteh

What do you do for work Zeckls?

Arreat Summit and the wikis should cover it all :)

6. Zeckls

Yeah, I just thought I remembered something a bit more... simplified stating interesting possible affixes/prefixes at a level by level breakdown. It's no biggy.

Eh, retail. The joy of joys. But the girl is sick again so I called out to watch the kids. Which means more D2.

7. T72on1

RL: found a suitable 50K trailrun at the end of the year anyway, so that's a really nice goal to have. It has more elevation gain than the two 50K+ trails I have done before, so that is a little scary, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. It will also be the first ultra I will run in autumn / winter time, which scares me a little more. Cold temperatures and rain / snow drain energy fast, so we'll have to see what the weather conditions will be like on December 13th.

D2: still nothing, starting to feel a little bit guilty. But it's because ...

OVG: still deep into D3 season 8. Still having lots of fun, although I'm coming a bit closer to the point where I'll have to seriously grind to make more progression.

liquid_mage likes this.
  8. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

@T72on1 when you say 50k as in ~31miles? That is crazy talk. I don't mind exercising but i've never been a runner. I do like to swim though its a been a long time. I swam in middle school 6-8th grade, I did mix in 1 year of track 400m and 800m mostly. Now I usually do cross training for 30 minutes or so light or no weights.

RL: My 12 year wedding anniversary is coming up. I'm looking forward to a nice evening with the wife and no kids.

D2: Not in the last few days, I need to get a good AT map so I can get the untwinked 99 sorc past level **.

D3: My S8 HC DH is now TX-TXI viable. Got all my UE gear just need an Ancient Yang's Recurve bow.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  9. Zeckls

RL: Girl is sick. Went to the ER last night, they more or less said she's healthy. Went to her Family Care doctor this afternoon and they aren't sure. Stuck waiting on the ER to send the lab work over and they said that could take until tomorrow morning. Sent us home with the intention of calling soon as they get the lab work.

D2: HF Zealot is in NM. Did a bunch of Countess Runs for some runes. Got a Shael for Rhyme, just need to find a base. Tried to get a Lum but I decided I'd rather just continue pushing on instead of hoping. Both The General's Tan Do Li Ga and Goblin Toes dropped in Normal and I crafted some blood gloves with ias, max leech and a decent roll of CB, so I mostly just need to work on my resistances for the time being. Sporting ~100% MF still and I'll likely hold onto it as long as I can.

Going to start a caster, but I'm undecided what.

10. Kitteh

Good on you T72, I knew that you would :D What course is it?

11. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Sorry to hear about your daughter, Zeckls. Scary stuff.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

12. Kitteh

Jesus Zeckls, sorry, I didn't even see your post. Hope all is well mate.

13. T72on1

@Zeckls That's no fun. I hope she gets better soon.

@Kitteh Houffatrail 50K in Houffalize. Should be fun.

@liquid_mage Played with someone from our guild yesterday, who did a UE DH. Incredibly fast. We (read: he did the killing, I leeched by staying alive) did a GR60 with his Monk first, and it took us 11 minutes. Then we did another GR60 with his DH, and it took us 5 minutes, or not even that. Really sick damage on that build.

RL: last work day of the week. Looking forward to the weekend.

D2: nothing

D3: I couldn't decide on which road to take with my Monk at this point. So I just took the decision to try a few different sets and builds out instead of choosing one. So first I'll try to optimize this Uliana's SSS Monk. I should be more or less set when I ever find that Fist of Az' and another Binding of the Lost (I cubed the previous one). Then I'll do a Sunwuko LTK and/or WoL build and a Raiment / Shenlong Monk for sure, and maybe an Inna's EP build as well. All optimized in the sense that I want to find the necessary items and go as high as GR 65-70 or so, not hunt for all Ancients with perfect stats.

liquid_mage and Kitteh like this.
  14. Xios

Xios Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Might go and visit family this weekend, not certain yet. In very uninteresting but irritating news, I'm pretty sure I was bitten by something the other night almost directly on the inside joint of my index finger. Was swollen yesterday but has subsided and looks much more like a traditional bite, so I'm less worried about it being something more serious (Googling "swollen index finger" the day before was very discouraging). You win this round for irritating me, Mr. Spider or whatever you were. Still no roommates at the new place although people are looking at it every few days. Work is going well, verbally had my contract extended for another four months, waiting to see it in writing.

D2: Joined these forums, for one, after a long time of lurking! Looking at joining some tournaments perhaps, as I've been perusing some recently. I had a little pet project where I recorded a Normal Difficulty, Solo, Hardcore, Self-Found (or Pure, if you want to use that term) playthrough with each of the classes and uploaded them to YouTube. A couple of my friends wanted to watch it, and I thought it would spice up my playing of a game I'm familiar with, so it was all for fun. Audio/Video editing was something I've only had passing experience with but it was fun to improve that marginally alongside essentially holding a conversation with yourself. Might continue doing it for Diablo and other games, not sure if I want to do more playthroughs or maybe guides, not really sure yet on what I want to do and potentially what others might want to see. Slowing down on my Ladder accounts in preparation for the Ladder reset, so I've been playing more Singleplayer and enjoying the improved stash, as muling is always my biggest deterrence on Battlenet. Have a Meteorb Sorc in the low 80s who has been MFing, might set up a Horker next, not certain, but I imagine setting up the tent post characters might be wise.

OVG: Been somewhat on autopilot. I tend to focus on one game at a time, which currently seems to be Diablo 2 at the moment. Been playing some Magic Duels for a card game fix, and a bit of Heroes of the Storm if I feel the urge. When I didn't have internet after moving I was playing the Age of Wonders series again, I might return to that at some point. I also bought Doom 4 and Dark Souls 2 a while back but only played the former so far-- I thought it was great, as someone who still plays the originals from time to time. Will need to return for a Nightmare playthrough soon.

Kitteh likes this.
  15. T72on1

Xios likes this.
  16. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Glad you're here, Xios!

Xios likes this.
  17. Kitteh

Hey Xios. Feel free to chuck a link in here, I'd happily take a look at those videos! :) Also, if it makes you feel better, I once got out of the shower after a mountain race and found a tick on one of my testicles. True story bro, or sis, sis doesn't work so well though...

Zeckls, nice choice on the HF zealot. He is one of my all time favourite D2 characters! In fact, I have a small (and utterly crap actually) guide on here, which I would advise ignoring as I have long changed my mind on most of it :p

RL: It is the Dundee Science Festival just now, so work is hectic. I got given a shift on Wednesday (when I'm back in hospital) but managed to get it sorted. I', trying to take any time I get to study for my research project in the summer as The Beatson Institute has really high standards. Also, the first issue of 'Foolkiller' came out this week, and it is AWESOME. Some good humour too. I trained again today, full body, I got 60% of the way through it, and 100% is only about 50% of what a session used to be, which gives me an idea of how messed up my body is just now. Fun times. Exams start 12/12/16.

D2: Nothing for days :/

OVG: Making progress in Pokemon Y. Slowly.

T72on1 and Xios like this.
  18. Xios

Xios Diabloii.Net Member

Sure, the channel is here although I'm supremely behind on uploads. I recently moved for work and was without internet for most of the month of October so I have a lot of catchup to do. I've started setting a few uploads before bed or going to work to try and get more posted (would make me feel better about deleting some of the raw footage). I wouldn't recommend the latest or first few videos as I was fiddling with audio settings on the latest and didn't even edit the first few, they've been getting better otherwise.

I did one playthrough with each class: Traditional Zealot, Trapper, Fishymancer, Lightning Javazon, Shockbear Summoner, Fireball Sorc, DS/Frenzy Barb. Of course since they were just normal playthroughs they only got so developed (around level 30-32). Not the most creative choices but there's only so many ways to skin the Normal playthrough cat, especially on self-found characters.

You have me beat on bad bug stories. The worst I had was a bad reaction to a wasp sting at a birthday party in grade school-- broke out in hives and had a stump of a hand for a few days, not much to complain about.

Kitteh likes this.
  19. Zeckls

@Everyone There's some slight confusion. When I said girl, I meant my girlfriend. But thanks for all the concern.

RL: She's still sick. We're supposed to hear back from her Doctor today but it's nearly 1 already. May have to nag them.

D2: I started a Sorc for the untwinked 99 thread. Something to do in passing. I'll post her up there eventually. Nothing to really tell thus far as she hasn't even started placing skills. She's just been whacking things to death and casting Ice Bolt granted by an Orb. My HF Zealot is starting to struggle in NM on P8. May have to drop players down until I get better resistances. Holding off on playing him for the time being while I think what I want to do.

OVG: Haven't really been playing anything else. D2 is consuming my gaming time.

Kitteh likes this.
  20. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Hey there's some new faces!

Welcome to the forums, @Zeckls and @Xios !

RL: next week is going to be full of different kind of activities, so I'm trying to take it easy this weekend. Jogging, reading, relaxing. About that should work.

D2: Finished the first act of Hell with my Zod God sept's Druid. Probably trying to roll some Travi maps with one sorc I have.

OVG: no no.