Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Aced my performance review at work. Back pain sucks. My Call of Cthulhu TTRPG books arrived so I've been perusing those in my free time. A rare Saturday off - which I'll use to catch up on errands and chores. Car service and insurance renewal are due soon. My brother's visiting on Sunday. It's been a year since my Nan passed so hopefully, we'll get a chance to all hang out together. No D&D this week as the DM is on holiday.

D2: More Pit runs with the Windy Druid. Even with terrible gear, I've found this restart so much more fun MFing this way than BlizzSorcing around. Best find was a Titan's which I've stashed for my Javazon.

OVG: Messing around in Rimworld.

Have a great weekend SPF!

Luhkoh, dkn and MizzouFTW like this.
  2. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW Diabloii.Net Site Pal

OVG: Nintendo just released 20 SNES games on the Nintendo Switch online service. I've been playing Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Also picked up Torchlight II on Switch. Great game.

3. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

RL: back from vacation driving to LA and back. Saw mount Evans, Bryce Canyon, Zion, meteor crater, petrified forest. Have tons of pictures. Feel rested for rest of year now.

OVG: throwing myself into the unown event. Doing a ton of walking today and tomorrow for a chance at them. Got a random shiny mareep yesterday, which was kinda nice.

Fast Eddie and Void Stalker like this.
  4. Void Stalker

Void Stalker Diabloii.Net Member

Hope you saw meteor crater before visiting Grand Canyon! Welcome back, and thanks for sharing you vacation with us.:cool:

5. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

RL: Work. Work. Work. I've been invited to speak at a conference though, which is awesome.

D2: My tesladin is in nightmare but it will be some time before I get to finish him.

OVG: Reading?

Edit: I'm jealous of the poster. I've been trying to get hold of some nice D2 artwork in the UK, but no luck...

Void Stalker likes this.
  6. djmbbandie

I actually didn’t go to the grand canyon( went twice previously already) Bryce Canyon is an amazing national park that I highly recommend. I’d post a pic but size is too large....

Void Stalker likes this.
  7. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Is your mom in it? :D

MizzouFTW, Fast Eddie and ioupainmax like this.
  8. dkn

dkn Diabloii.Net Member

download.jpg

MizzouFTW likes this.
  9. djmbbandie

Reported...

Or did I??

RL: so the girl I have a preference for at work had her mom die while I was on vacation. She hasn’t been at work about exactly the amount of time that I’ve been on vacation. I’ve signed her condolences card already.

OVG: the regional shiny event just opened in PoGo. I’m prepared with another 39.99 spent on incubators. The last event I got several shinies and 1 unown, so hoping this event also turns out well. I’ve already caught my second shiny feebas in the wild today.

MizzouFTW likes this.
  10. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I really should get another job. Wonder how many times I'll say so before actually changing o_O.

Kevin De Bruyne's performance in yesterday's game of Belgium vs Schotland was simply stunning. If he doesn't get plagued by injuries like last year, I predict he'll have the best season of his career.

D2: none.

OVG: Grim Dawn, still having a blast. Got my main character through normal, finally doing the Forgotten Gods xpac content too. He's already level 60, so I'll definitely go through Elite faster, maybe skipping all expansion content in that difficulty level alltogether and moving straight to Ultimate. My second character, the one I'm playing in MP with a RL friend of mine, is level 31. He feels underpowered, but luckily enough my friend's character makes up for that. Next on I also want to plan my own build instead of following a guide. I have the feeling I finally start to understand the game, so maybe it's even possible :).

11. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

What's wrong with your current job?

12. T72on1

Working for local government, I get confronted with how stupid, unfair, ... many decisions from our politicians still are. I don't want to be part of that. Next to that the fact that people often don't follow the rules, and in the end there isn't much you can do about it. Also the fact that I have to sit behind my desk the entire day. It drives me crazy.

The problem is that 1) I don't really know what I do want to do and 2) my current job does tick many boxes I find important: close to home so I can go by bike and eat at home during my lunch break whenever the wife and/or kids are at home, a lot of free days, flexible hours, only working 4/5, my 3 closest colleagues are very nice people ...

I'm slowly figuring out what i want to do though, so that's a start. I always tell myself I'll do another 2 years at this job, because that's how long my current 4/5 status has been approved. But I probably should start looking for another job now already. Who knows I find another one where I only have to work 4 days out of 5.

Fast Eddie and Luhkoh like this.
  13. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Politicians suck!

14. jonnyphive

jonnyphive Diabloii.Net Member

I sat down for a nice peaceful breakfast at about 5:50 this morning. I heard our 1-year old start crying upstairs and my first thought was, "The baby is awake. Diablo's minions grow stronger."

No idea why that popped into my head but it gave me a nice laugh.

15. AlexTheNextOne

AlexTheNextOne Diabloii.Net Member

Had a lovely breakfast consisting of a Montreal-style bagel with butter, slices of mortadella, some feta cheese, and a nice cup of coffee, black, as it should be. Woke up early at 5am this morning, so I had a bit of time to divert from playing my new Druid and finally get my summoner Necro through the Maggot Lair in Nightmare, and Coldworm the Burrower dropped a Duriel's Shell!

16. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I'm just trying to keep on keeping on. Things have settled down pretty much since i got divorced, but there is still the thing of me getting completely over it. That may take some time, and it is what it is. I've been trying to keep my head about me, and not let anger get in the way of taking the high road. I am definitely keeping up on my health as well; trying to deal with my anxiety and keeping it in check. A couple weeks ago I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and let me tell you, that shit is crazy. I was torn up afterwards and I really dont remember putting my clothes back on and leaving, or going to eat because I hadn't ate in two days.

D2: Playing a little bit here and there. I am building back up to running full time again.

OVG: Nope. Hoping for some news of D4 this year at Blizzcon.

Fast Eddie, Luhkoh, Kitteh and 2 others like this.
  17. T72on1

Definitely keep trying to take care of yourself. It's in nobody's interest if you don't. Things will get better eventually, but it's much harder to get there if you let them slip the other way too far first.

D4? I think we all are hoping for that to be honest. Don't we all have a PC? :rolleyes:

ioupainmax likes this.
  18. jonnyphive

jonnyphive Diabloii.Net Member

Being married, divorce has always sounded like one of the most difficult things to process and work through, to me at least. I'm impressed with your mindset and the way you seem to be handling everything, @darkstarhub. I think the way that you're taking care of yourself physically is probably helping your mentality quite a bit. Besides, there's very little that a long, exhausting jog can't help clear from your system :). Although not 100% true, I'm sure you're noticing that by and large each day is better than the last - and they'll continue to improve for quite a while, I imagine.

I do not envy the scopes you had done, however. Those sound... unpleasant.

19. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Spit up my coffee haha. Reminds me of the good old times over at the Hardcore forum. I miss the trash talking.

I also have Grim Dawn. Are you and I friends on Steam? Once I hit some D2 goals this week I think I might install it and spend some time playing again. Do you know if there are any forums like this one for Grim Dawn?

Dude, I feel ya. Government jobs suck. People suck. Red tape sucks. If it makes you feel any better man I have a bachelor and master degrees, both geared towards law enforcement. I'm considering a career change as well. I'm even considering going back to school. I don't know how old you are but I'm 28 and it gives me pretty intense anxiety sometimes when I think about it. Just thought I'd let ya know you're not alone there broseph.

RL: Making my way through Letterkenny. I'm back home now for the time being. I know I will be assigned to Patrol for a few weeks while I finish up paperwork and inventory from our mobile meth labs. Then it's a tossup. I'm hoping I can do some scouting into special teams and talk my supervisor into leasing me to one of them. My career has been weird in that I'm a patrolman that's spent more time on special teams than actual patrol work. Now I kind of feel like patrol is peasant work and I'm above that haha.

D2: Adam, my 82 HC untwinked wind druid, is farming LK. Two Gul's and a Vex so far!

20. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

If it makes you feel better, I have to look at those colons all day...

ioupainmax likes this.