Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 28, 2016.

1. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

@NorthDakota That is awesome news !!! Congrats :). But yeah, get your priorities sorted out: RL should never mess with your game playing time ...

2. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Northerly Dakotaration Wednesdaily!

Well done ND!

RL: Feel like crap again today, not great. I did do some work on my bioethics essay though, which I am enjoying more than I expected. I love essays, but I thought that I would find bioethics too dry. Barcelona vs Man City tonight, TV booked :)

D2: Some CS runs. Due to my doing P1/P7 split runs, my drops are so low now. Its sad, but I level quicker so its worth it!

3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Getting ready to watch this farce of a presidential debate here in the ol' USA. I am a very political person, and I stay extremely current with world news. I am really concerned with the state of this country, and the working class people, such as myself, that make up a shrinking portion of the population.

D2: Still playing untwinked in my restart with my FB/FO Sorc. I can't wait to get into Hell to start some real MFing. The item find thread always gets me going and I hope to maybe fill in a few missing pieces in my grail this time around.

OVG: A little Pokémon Go here and there. I am still disappointed that Dave Brevik is working with PoE since I hate the game.

Kitteh likes this.
  4. T72on1

That's no fun Kitteh :(. I've been having health issues in the beginning of the year and a few weeks ago too, where I'd feel far more tired than I should. Never fun. Even more so if no one seems to be able to find out why it is. And even more so if you are used to do sports a lot, and that part is affected too. I'll pray for you that things will get better soon. No wait, I don't pray. Well, you know what I mean ...

RL: I'm feeling really good lately. As I said, I had some health issues too, but ever since not eating or drinking any soy products anymore, I'm feeling much better. I really love things like soy milk a lot, and I'm convinced that they are really healthy, but apparantly my body can't cope with it for some reason. Glad I found that out, makes such a big difference.

As a consequence running is going really well lately. I'm not logging an enormous amount of distance, because my next goal is only a fast half marathon, but still I get to some 55+K the last few weeks, with one speed or interval training each week. This week has been a bit too busy to my taste, so no running yet, but I plan to go out for an easy 10K today and tomorrow, and then a 20K testrun on Sunday. I'd like to do that in 4:30 min/kilometer on average at the very least. Shouldn't be too much of a problem I'd think, but we'll have to see.

D2: nothing since last time :(.

OVG: a bit to my own surprise I will start in the new D3 season tomorrow evening. I suddenly got the itch to play again and can't wait to jump into it. I plan to do it very slowly at first though: campaing mode, full clears, to get into it again and not immediately get into the (G)Rift / Bounty rush. Obviously I'll do Monk again, what else?

5. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

@T72on1 I played monk in S7 and had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the LTK monk a lot, but also had a generator monk he was okay. I will play enough S8 to get my 10th stash tab, not sure how much I will play after I get it. I'm thinking of going DH, I played one a bit recently and enjoyed it but it has never been my main character.

@darkstarhub Yeah the Brevik POE news is a bit of a let down. I don't mind PoE I've played it in two 3 months spurts. I just don't enjoy it that much. For old school feel I still prefer D2 over PoE and D3 while not perfect has such smooth combat, I enjoy playing it.

RL: I've been busy with the kids and playing too much D2.

D2: Lots of blizzard Sorc the last few days I went from 78 to eighty eight in AT in 3ish days.

OVG: I really want Civ 6, but may wait a month or so before i buy it. D3 S8 starts tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  6. Kitteh

I enjoy playing through the campaign, but I don't like seasons. Also, online gaming isn't great because I have limited play time :p
    I loved PoE originally, but I feel like they are adding too much to it now.

7. T72on1

@liquid_mage I've played quite a lot DHs in the past, they are a lot of fun. Most fun I had with the class was in one of the earlier patches, pre-LoD I think, with a tanky variant using a 1H / shield, which had lots of life, defense and resists and relied on Grenades, Spike Traps and Sentries to do the killing. She didn't kill very fast, because there were far stronger skills and no special gear to enhance those specific skills, but she was almost unkillable, which was fun. That was in the days when Life on Hit was still a very strong stat though. I seem to remember Blizzard adding unique abilities to some unique items in a later patch, specifically aimed towards those skills, so it could be viable now.

8. Kitteh

Progress Fridaily

RL: Not sure. I did some work on my bioethics essay today, which I'm finding far harder than I thought that I would, I must admit. I also did some push ups again (literally just now before shower and dinner) and I was exhausted after 4 sets - I've tentatively renewed my gym membership so that I can try a very small pulling workout too.

For those who are into this sort of thing, I wrote my own essay title because I felt like it needed to be something that I was passionate about;
    "Should QALYs be used to determine whether the NHS should fund medicines? Using the example of the drug Kadcyla as a case study, explore this issue and reach a considered conclusion."

D2: Fordyl has pushed some experience recently, only 2 million or so off of where I was before that death...

OVG: A bit of Diablo 1. Also, Star Trek (series).

9. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

Kitteh - I realize that I am no doctor, but I have been reading a little bit on the other thread about you not feeling well. Would it be prudent to lay off exercising for a bit until you feel better? I have never, ever been a health nut, but I did start walking my dog 2-3 miles every evening a couple years ago, and I have to admit, I feel weird if I dont take that walk. Maybe thats what it is with you and exercising, or a little bit of not wanting to admit there is something wrong with your, and I know all about that as well! Plus, I am 38 now, and not getting any younger, so the walking couldnt hurt. If I could just stop smoking, I would be in pretty good shape going forward.

RL: Took today off to go with my wife to the hospital to wait with her while my Mother in law had a hip replacement surgery. My Mother in law had the other hip replaced 15 years ago, and she said it was about a 6-7 hour surgery, but this time, I shit you not, maybe took an hour and a half. And, the cut wasnt even 6 inches long vs the zipper she had up her ass cheek the last time. She is doing very well post-op, and the doctor said she will be up on it tomorrow. I worry more about after the surgery because blood clots can form and cause some serious trouble, but she was feeling pretty good when we left. They wouldnt let me have any haha!!! She is a tough woman, so she will be fine.

D2: Getting along with my FO/FB Sorc. Just about ready to take on Nightmare Baal. I seem to be finding alot of Runes and have wondered if they upped the drop rate in the last patch(1.14d). This will surely change once the target is high runes, but I did get a Lem from NM Hellforge, so something cool is possible there to help me out along the way. The goal is to get to Hell and start MFing as soon as possible so I can put something cool on the item find thread.

10. Kitteh

Well I haven't trained for three months, except for two days in the last week when I did a small amount of push ups. Its psychological too. I don't know how far back you know me on here, but I've had some very severe mental health problems in the past, and my training was essentially what kept me attached to the ground :p Also, because I'm not training, I'm finding it harder to keep my nutrition in check as well. Thanks for your input by the way, appreciated :)

RL: Looks like I might get a placement after all next semester, in a transfusion lab. Also, had a lab (transfusion actually) yesterday afternoon so I have a long ass report to write, and I genuinely do love writing lab reports :D Also, we (the bioscience society) are hosting a pub quiz on Thursday, so lots of planning to do. Liverpool play tonight, woohoo! Also, I'm still reeling from TWD lat night. Jesus on a bicycle.

D2: Nope :(

OVG: :(

11. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Finally found a person that has a bunch in common with me. Going to see her on Christmas.

D2: no.

OVG: finally broke down and bought a PS3. Graphics really are much better than ps2. Now playing ncaa football on it. And of course. Pokemon Go Halloween event that has already started. Will be doing that the rest of this week through nov 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquid_mage, T72on1 and Kitteh like this.
  12. T72on1

@djmbbandie That's great !!! Have fun.

RL: we are going away with the family for the weekend, so that should be fun. One more hour at work, and then I don't have to come back until next week Thursday :).

D2: nothing.

OVG: D3 season 8. I'm all over it !!! So much fun doing a Monk again and letting things explode with exploding palm and seven sided strike. Due to the nature of the game, this won't last nearly as long as my interest for D2, but for now ... plain awesome.

liquid_mage likes this.
  13. liquid_mage

RL: Lots of kids activities cub scouts for my son, cheerleading for my daughter, swimming for both, plus their school Halloween party.

D2: Untwinked Blizzard Sorc LK and Meph runs.

OVG: D3 Season 8 my HC DH is now T1 almost T2 viable. I'm going to put some time in on S8 to get my tenth stash tab. For the most part i'm not as excited about D3 anymore but I still have 3-4 people to play that with and it motivates me to get on there and socialize while I play.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  14. HapopyHubris

HapopyHubris Diabloii.Net Member

Two questions:
    Is there any way to convert "legacy" forum links to the new addresses?

I'm looking for an old thread where someone took an untwinked venomancer through hell with quite a writeup. I think it was affiliated with one of the level 99 tourneys, but he wrote up a separate thread? He got very decked out, including 3-pc trang, etc.

I'm currently trying out an untwinked elementalmancer (mages + A3 merc + FG + CE) but may swap to PN if this gets boring.

15. Kitteh

RL: Feeling crap again. On the plus side, I've decided to delve into comic books and will be picking up my first one on Sunday, much excitement!

D2: Some CS runs. Bleh. Tired.

OVG: I loaded Skyrim SE and it looks awesome, even on the 'low quality' setting that I can run. I can run the normal Skyrim on ultra normally and it still looked better, but that may be due to it being so long since I last played it...

liquid_mage likes this.
  16. Zenigma

Zenigma Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Was feeling really down last weekend, went out alone, made a few new friends and ended up running into friends from high school. Turned my entire day around. Dinner date last night; went well. Progress on the book is progress.

D2: Found time to play this weekend. Made some massive improvements on my untwinked throw barb. Will post later today in the thread. I think this guy has amassed more wealth in runes than any other character I've ever played.

OVG: nay

17. Kitteh

Great to hear Zen! Seeing them again?

18. liquid_mage

RL: Work and taking the kids out for Halloween tonight.

D2: Not Much

OVG: A decent amount of D3, my S8 demon hunter is now T8 viable.

19. Zeckls

Zeckls Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Watching the girl's kiddo most of the day. Should probably do some housework, but I don't really want to.

D2: Redownloading D2 for the first time in years. Likely starting brand new in 1.0.

OVG: Might play some Heartstone. Trying to patiently wait for a Gwent Closed Beta Key.

T72on1 and Kitteh like this.
  20. Kitteh

Welcome Zeckls!

I'm Kitteh. I'm the one that all spare food goes to. You should definitely head over to the bar, that is where we chit the chat and all that good stuff, just beware that you don't fall victim to Noodle, who I seriously suspect is moonlighting as a serial killer. Also, check out the tournaments as there are some goodies just now, or play an old one, that works too :)