Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Kartongen

Kartongen IncGamers Member

Stay strong @darkstarhub, and good of you to remain a responsible stepfather. So sad to see the kids punished sometimes just because the parents split. He will probably always look up to you as a role model regardless, since you were there during his formative years.

Kitteh likes this.
  2. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

If my mum and step dad broke up, I’d stay in touch for sure. He’s more of my dad than my actual dad :) Blood matters little when you really need your family.

Edit: Disclaimer, it may matter more in terms of transplants...

jonnyphive, Zyr and Kartongen like this.
  3. Kartongen

Agreed.
    Emotional bonds more important than ancestry, except for medicinal purposes.

Also, @Kitteh, I so wish I could make that point of science thing. A pint (in a Scottish pub), while listening to research would be right up my alley. :rolleyes:

Kitteh likes this.
  4. Kitteh

I mean, you even get to come up on stage and attempt a challenge which is designed for you to fail. You get a patronising well done sticker though.

Kartongen likes this.
  5. Kartongen

Hehe, sound nice. Any idea what they'll throw at you?

Kitteh likes this.
  6. Kitteh

It’s Glasgow, so probably a glass.

ioupainmax likes this.
  7. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

That would be 'Glasgooi' in Dutch, which isn't too different from Glasgow when pronounced.

RL: yesterday I decided I will be joining 4 of my running buddies at the 55K trail in Spa tomorrow. Back when they announced that they would participate, I checked it, but decided not to join, because I'm going out for dinner with my wife, my parents-in-law and my wife's brother and his wife, tomorrow evening, and I figured it would be a close call to make it in time. But the thought still stuck in my mind all those weeks, because the trail is a perfect test run for the Zugspitz 80K in June. So when me and my buddies were talking some more about it this week, and I noticed that the 7 hours I figured it would take us to finish the trail, is rather high, and it will more likely be something like 6:15 - 6:30, I saw some possibilities opening up. Even more so when I found out that the restaurant we are going to is on our way back from Spa, so my buddy can just drop me there after the trail, saving me half an hour or so.

So yes, looking forward to tomorrow. I haven't specifically trained for this one, but haven't covered more mileage and altitude gain over the first 3 months of the year than I have done this year, so I should be good to go.

D2: RFL round 1. 13 hours with my Poisonmancer, currently running with my Furyzon. I have some 4.5 hours left, so should be able to finish a batch. And hopefully defend last year's top spot ;).

OVG: many games I want to play at the moment actually: D1 GOG release, GD and it's new expansion, PoE, UT99, Counterstrike, ... Most likely not until the RFL is over though. I'll want to dust off my Travincal skills before the second round starts, so not even in between rounds.

Kitteh likes this.
  8. Kitteh

And, eh, shower?

Luhkoh and ioupainmax like this.
  9. Smittyphi

Smittyphi IncGamers Member

Up until my mid 30's pollen didn't affect me. Getting older can totally suck sometimes. Constant slight migraine if I don't use nasacort everyday.

Have you purchased the new expansion yet?

10. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

RL: the run went well. Well, I actually had issues with my stomach for the last 20K or so, but on the bright side, for the first time ever I didn't have aching and/or stiff muscles the days after. So I guess my altitude training and training in general is starting to pay off :). And yes, @Kitteh , I had a shower before going to the restaurant ;). Where I arrived just at the same time as the rest, so all well.

D2: finished my set for RFL round 1. Met some of the goals I set myself. Did the last 4 hours with my Fire Sorc, which were a blast. Too bad I didn't found out sooner, but good to know for next time.

OVG: @Smittyphi No, not yet. I'll wait with that until I can fully commit, so after RFL at earliest. I really feel like UT99 again in between rounds though. Unfortunately, the game doesn't run anymore from the cd I have. Seems some compatibility issue with Win10, as windows states it doesn't recognize the type of app when I try to run the game. GoG has the GOTY edition 40% off currently though, so I might buy that one.

Kitteh and sir_cyclops like this.
  11. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW IncGamers Member

Kitteh likes this.
  12. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

RL: At the suggestion of a co-worker, I went to the liquor store and got some Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea. Oh my, it is excellent! I'm back to being a smoker, after successfully quitting by using the nicotine patch. All went well until the patch schedule was over and I was going through my days at a zero nicotine level. That only lasted a week and a half or so before I broke down and bummed a smoke. On the plus side, as a side effect, my depression has definitely lifted a significant amount.

D2: Just Mat'd my second character since my 1.14 restart. Meteorb, soon to be respecced to Blizzy for RFL round 2. She benefitted from my untwinked 99er's finds, questing with HotO, Vipermagi, and Spirit shield. Now I just need to get her some levels. Running Pindle/Mephisto for a bit, then will probably start rolling LK maps a day or so before Friday.

13. Kitteh

RL: Things have been strange recently. I haven't seen my university counsellor since I discharged myself from the crisis team. My suicidality flips so frequently I can't keep up, but I'm coping by essentially living at work. It's not healthy, I appreciate, but it's essentially getting me along at the moment, so what am I supposed to do? Also, I got some really good data, so my project gets to continue, woop! My supervisors and I are sort of moving towards me transitioning (still a long way off), but we are having all of the discussions about how it will work etc. Until then (at least a year, and that's if I'm lucky), I just need to keep myself going. Also, I have a practice run with a college class on 25th to test the workshop that I'm developing for Pint of Science in May, so that should be interesting.

D2: I wasn't really in round 1 of RFL, but I've done a few hours for round 2 and I have 2 qualifiers, so that's nice. I'm hoping that I will manage a full set, but not sure yet. I'm really not playing at the moment...

OVG: Reading? I'm halfway through the new Wilde novel, Nemesis. It's not as good as Corpus or Nucleus, but still awesome.

14. Klonki

Klonki IncGamers Member

RL: Finaly weekend again! And next week i have some extra day off from work, 6 days with the Easter for me! :)

D2: Alot of LK-runs, no ber so far.. I have decide to get the infinity before enigma (some day) :)

Kitteh likes this.
  15. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

RL: still waiting to see if I’ve been selected for a position in LA.

D2: not really.

OVG: community day tomorrow. Also hope many people clean up for earth day so we can get rewards.....

16. MizzouFTW

RL: going hiking today

D2: probably not any. Think I’m done finally.

OVG: nothin

17. Kitteh

Eh, as in, done with D2 entirely? Be serious.

18. MizzouFTW

I think I am done here

sir_cyclops likes this.
  19. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Done with the SPF?

20. sir_cyclops

sir_cyclops IncGamers Member

Yes. More mod drama.