Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 28, 2016.

1. RadTang

RadTang Diabloii.Net Member

GL with that ! :)

RL: Just got up and listening to some music (Kraftwerk's Electric Cafe - German version on vinyl). Going to visit my grandparents with my dad today. And put some work on PhD.

D2: Maybe I spend some time with my S/U tourney char. IDK :)

2. GothamsBeard

GothamsBeard Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Home from work sick again today. Still woke up at 5:30am and regret it at this point.

D2: Made some progress on my HC Meteorb Sorc. She's making her way through act 3 normal now.

OVG: Nothing today.

3. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

RL - EPL: Arsenal/United finally announced Mkhitaryan-Sanchez swap. Thank you. Glad I can stop reading about that now. If we can just get Aubameyang, I'll be very happy. :)

D2: Yes please.

OVG: Huh?

Edit: Just read that Mkhitaryan speaks English, German, French, Russian, Armenian, Portuguese and Italian. Impressive. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Kitteh likes this.
  4. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Seriously? Most people (natives) in the UK can barely speak English.

RL: I have presentation on Monday, presenting my project to a panel before I start my lab work, probably on Wednesday - yay for Western blots! Off to meet my Uncle and his wife for coffee today, will be nice to see them :)

D2: Caessa is just about to finish NM, I also want to play Viridiana (S/U worshipper) again soon.

OVG: Command and Conquer Red Alert. One of my favourite games as a child and I recently started playing it again. I've never played it online before, so tempted to try that.

5. Yng

Yng Diabloii.Net Member

RL: So I’m currently a Sautée cook at arguably the best restaurant (we were voted as one of the top 10 restaurants in Louisiana) in our area. I’ve been working at this place for 3 years next month. Started out as just a part time thing after the oil field collapsed. With my son being born in September and the lack of benefits available in this field I’m honestly considering looking for a new job soon (either Diesel Plant as I have a friend in that field or some machinist work as I have experience with that in the past) but I figured I’d share some food because everyone loves food!

(Some of these dishes are from the past seasonal menus or daily specials so sorry if it’s not more descriptive as we don’t serve them currently so it’s just from memory. Tried to pick the more aesthetically pleasing ones that I have pictures of on my phone.)

Seared/Sliced Saku Tuna with a Seaweed Salad, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, and Wasabi Aioli
    D74D59ED-8E19-4505-A8EA-F5FD52C2CD94.jpeg
    Pan Seared Snapper with a Bed of Blackberry and Peccorino Rissoto topped with Spicy Micro Greens
    9E3AA29C-F0C7-4D47-A75E-44022F762FDA.jpeg
    Toasted Pecan Pie with Brown Butter Gelato and a Honey Bourbon Drizzle
    9AB4D4BB-1112-4252-A080-935CA62498C2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
    NanoMist likes this.
  6. Kitteh

You can cook for me any time you like :p

Yng likes this.
  7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

RL: finished my sixth ultra trail run yesterday, 51K. I was actually going to do the 25K, since I have been injured for almost two months last year, and so I was only building up mileage again. The other 4 guys convinced me to do the 51K with them nonetheless :). I had a rough time, but made it, still ranking 100 out of 226 finishers. The distance wasn't really a problem, the main issue was the amount of ascending and descending. Something I haven't done for 4 months now, since it's completely flat where I live. Anyway, it was another fun and interesting experience in the end.

D2: almost nothing last week. About to post the results of the TC3 hunting tournament. I'm going to focus a bit on trying out different builds for Nihlathak running. Then it's probably back to my 99er Sorc. Can't get @ffs get ahead too much, right? ;)

OVG: nothing at all.

Kitteh, kstuart and ffs like this.
  8. Kitteh

Congratulations on the run buddy, but you're not forgiven for missing OA, which I was late for anyway...

RL: ...because today was my first real day in my new lab. I presented my project and experimental plan at lunch time and then got to work on setting up my cell lines, which I will harvest tomorrow and conduct my first experiment. I haven't properly been involved in lab work since my summer internship at The Beatson Institute, so it felt really good to get back into it. There are some teething issues to sort out to, so I'm looking forward to troubleshooting those.

D2: I had my online group tonight, which was fun. I was late though and spent the first 20 minutes one-handed whilst I ate my dinner. Isla, a lightning trapsin, will probably be Guardian #5 as I suspect that Caessa will reach that point before her.

OVG: I'm reading the original Sherlock Holmes novels just now, amongst the last of Phase I of IDW's Transformers, and you can certainly tell that it's the 19th century :p I've also been reading more poetry recently, but I've never been great at attaching much meaning to it.

T72on1 likes this.
  9. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Back to winter.... I love how our federal office is terrified of snow. Anything around 3-5 inches and they close and make us all go home and telework.

D2: In continuation of build ADD, my Assassin (future Phoenix Striker), is in Act II. Anyone know the actual difference between Shadow Warrior and Master beside the fact that Shadow Master has access to all skills? Thinking about trying to complete this one for once with a Warrior because they are slightly more controllable but need more information.

OVG: I finally caught a killer whale after 7 tries. Congratulations to me. Now back to looking for other stuff I need in Pokémon Go....

10. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Difference between Shadow Warrior and Master ... . Master has access to all skills, but does whatever she pleases. Warrior does whatever you have on LMB and RMB. So you have to teach her, but she can be very strong if you do so. Especially on a MA Sin I think they are a very worthy addition, and they can even get damage that is equally high or even higher than yours, due to how their damage is calculated. For more information, check this wiki page.

djmbbandie likes this.
  11. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Quite frankly i found both of them to be more of an annoyance than any real help. But that's just my opinion.

12. Kitteh

I use them sometimes for crowd control, but typically I prefer not to. If I'm MA then it isn't an issue, just with traps.

RL: The best news I've had in a long time, I am publishing my first paper :D So excited! I'm working so many hours just now. My supervisors like my experimental ideas though, and I got the go ahead last night for an experiment that I really want to run. I also have a presentation on Thursday (slide submission on Monday) and a lab dinner on Saturday, so busy busy. Although because I'm using Doxorubicin and APR-246, I'm having to get used to wearing double gloves when doing some of my tissue culture, and I really don't like it :p

D2: Argh, not much game time. I realised that I had the radio through my headset instead of my MacBook at the weekend, so the entirety of Caessa's act IV has the Liverpool game in the background - not sure if I can get that past copyright... Might have to skip it.

OVG: Reading? Like, a chapter per night! I've almost finished Sign of the Four. Macmillan books do these really nice pocket sized, HC, beautifully finished editions of classic books - they are really nice and uniform on the shelf. I'm working my way through Sherlock Holmes just now, but they have all of the classics.

13. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Can't Audacity separate out the Liverpool game?

Ever tried Audible?

EDIT in the forlorn hope of looking OT.

RL: Dad's coming over today. Joy.

D2: Played hunt the stashes for a bit. Very disappointed Atil wasn't further along. Thinking about HC. But I'm a lousy player with a bad temper. I suspect it won't go well. How poops did it whilst drunk, I don't know.

OVG: At the "now what" stage with 7 days both MP and SP. My shotgun turret layout sucks. Started a new game and bam .. what a position. Near a city, all ores nearby. Only downside is the trader is in Narnia. Did have a minibikes book so that should help.

14. Friiser

Friiser Diabloii.Net Member

Haven't posted here in a while...

RL: Work this week, need to get a big project out by Friday so there may be some late nights coming. Looking forward to getting some skiing in this weekend.

D2: Fired D2 up a couple times the last few days, still working my necro summoner, not much progress since getting him to 95. The process of summoning an army get tedious quickly, so I tend to do many targets per run, rather than one target over and over. Ultimately I want him to get to 99, complete the grail and the runeword grail.

OVG: Time for gaming has been cut short this winter, too many other priorities. Fallout 4 if I get a chance.

15. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Has finally come to the conclusion that I have to quit my job and look for another thing to do. No idea what but I would like to get back to the university. Perhaps get a job as student councelor or something.

D2: Playing HC trapsin without any runewords. She is in Nightmare act 2 now.

OVG: nope

16. BRKO

BRKO Diabloii.Net Member

Howdy folks, d2 caught up with me again :)

RL: busy is the word
    D2: installed d2 and atma, thought hard on how to name my toon...it's a paladin and I'd like to have him wearing only blue stuff once he is complete. a long-term project obviously.
    OVG: my pals tempt me a lot with Kindgdom Come, fortunately my rig won't handle the game

17. Kitteh

Atil is your 98 trapsin, right? That I am not sure about to be honest, I will have to look into it a bit, at some point, F knows when...

What makes you dislike teaching so much? What about science communication?

Yep, it does that :p

18. drmalawi

I LOVE to teach physics and math, it is all the other bullshit tasks that I have to do that pisses me off.
    Yeah science communication would be fun. I have a friend who runs a very popular science podcast here in Sweden. Perhaps I could join him and co-host shows.
    Perhaps I will continue to write on my particle physics book.

Kitteh likes this.
  19. Kitteh

What is the book?

20. drmalawi

It is a mixture of popular science book and beginner physics book on different modern topics in elementary particle physics.

Pb_pal and Kitteh like this.