Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 28, 2016.

1. TwentyMuleTeam

TwentyMuleTeam Diabloii.Net Member

Nice! I just bought all three on steam in anticipation of Skyrim coming to xb1. Love me some Elder Scrolls.

RL: Back to work, but only for two days. It took an extra three hours to get home from Detroit yesterday due to a flash flood. They had I75 blocked off everywhere. By the time I got home I was tired from travelling and had a headache... so I just played D2 and watched a horrible horrible football game.

D2: Very much so, but not until later. I'm running trav with my barb right now for xp and hopefully some useful items. Up to the low 30's now. It's good to be back!

OVG: Nope.

Kitteh likes this.
  2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

RL: At work until noon, about three more hours.

D2: My new 1.07 zon just hit level 19, will take on Duriel this afternoon. Really miss /players8, but having a +34 Mana Per Kill ring sure comes in handy. nShe's destined for cows down the road a bit.

3. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

@TmT All of the rain in Detroit yesterday postponed the baseball game that was supposed to be my work outing. Most of us still drove down and ate the food in the sweet and hung out for 2-3 hours, then we went to a local bar. We actually took Woodward all the down to the game from the north suburbs.

D2: My fishymancer is ~55 and in Act5 NM. I plan on doing some Meph, Diablo, Overlord runs to get some items and get my him to level 60-65. I'm having bad luck getting a 3-4 socket chest and 4 socket pole arm.

OVG: I own skyim and have only played for 2-3 hours maybe I should give it a shot. I'm not the biggest fan of big open world games though. I never feel like I accomplish anything because I end up distracted or getting lost on the map.

Misc Stuff after taking a break from D2 for the last 3-4 years.
    1. I forgot about the savage pole arm recipe and rolling sockets in items with the cube, stuff like that.
    2. I never really play above P1 and i'm not sure why.
    3. I wanted to play without an extended stash but runes make that almost impossible.
    Stuffs coming back to me browsing the forums and looking at guides.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. djmbbandie

djmbbandie Diabloii.Net Member

Didn't we use to have a consistent daily thread? I remember Zenigma making one....

RL: Fiscal Year End is almost complete. first day off tomorrow. Very nice. Would be better if I also get Sunday off.

D2: Yawn. Well, still a little at times.

OVG: Pokemon Go. next trip: Central park next weekend (3 day weekend for us govt people). And a little Perfect Dark on my N64 emulator.

5. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

RL: The weather is cool and it makes me feel really good. Gonna go see Disturbed next weekend.

D2: I have been having some issues with Act 5. Sometimes I can play just fine, but other times the game will just crash completely. Hopefully I can get it to straighten out because I am feeling it man.

OVG: Pokémon Go on my dog walks.

6. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

You're seeing Disturbed? Jealous!

7. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

I know, I look terrible after being awake far too long and in my military issued t-shirt, but...
    I GOT MY NEW DRUMS YESTERDAY!!!!
    trommelol.jpg

T72on1, Dezrok, NorthDakota and 2 others like this.
  8. Neksja

Neksja Diabloii.Net Member

@helvete that needs to be in spoilers! All these years, I've imagined you really are the CSM, now that image is shattered :(

RL: Took a day off yesterday, had a really bad headache and minor fever, which all seems to be gone now, hopefully enough rest this weekend and I'm back to work on Monday. Finished True Detective season 2 and now looking for other stuff to watch. Definitely thought first season was better, but then again, Woody Harrelson has been one of my favorites ever since I saw him in White Men Can't Jump, so it's not fair to compare the seasons ;) Today, going to have a board game night with few friends (provided that my cold symptoms don't return), should be good fun.

D2: Untwinked Fury/Rabies, that's all. At the same time, it's amazing and frustrating. Trying to figure out how to improve my puppy has been fun and I just realized I want to upgrade my gloves, so I need to some crafting. Oh, only 3 Perfect Rubies, that's not gonna last long. So, it's frustrating not to have all the goodies in my other stashes, but I guess that's the challenge. I have ended up not trying to craft/reroll much as I keep thinking "I might need those 6 Perfect Emeralds at some point, I can't reroll this GC!". At least I can quite comfortably run Pits /p1 now, but it can still be dangerous. Level 80 at the moment, hoping to get few more levels before going after Andariel. I kinda need to get to LK soon-ish, so I can run the chests for 2 Lo runes...

OVG: Probably not.

BG (Board Games): I would assume today we're having a Carcassonne (with 2 base sets and somewhere around 10-12 expansion if counting duplicates) tournament or just a one game of that and then maybe our tweaked Ticket to Ride, where we have combine Europe and North America maps create one massive map and created new routes, cities etc. We are looking to get Africa and Asia as well, so we could kinda create a World Map out of those 4 maps. Although, that new Ticket to Ride Rails & Sails looks tempting too.

Enjoy your weekend SPF!

9. TwentyMuleTeam

TwentyMuleTeam Diabloii.Net Member

@liquid_mage Sweet! Nothing like good ol' Comerica park. I stayed downtown Wednesday and was going to go to the park but the rain never cleared up. Are you a big baseball fan or just go down for the outing? Tigers sure are making it interesting tonight!

RL: Go Blue! What a win!

D2: Going to do some baal runs with my barby.

OVG: My buddies and I have been doing some late night rocket league. One of my favorite games atm.

10. Kitteh

RL: Work today, I got to do all of the solar system shows :D 6 of my last 7 days at work, visitors have spoken to my manager to say how great I was and how good my shows were, which is awesome because it really perks up my day! I'm very sad about not being able to run competitively anymore, but I'm thinking that maybe it is time for something new. I'm considering the following;
    • Focusing on bouldering and calisthenics
    • Fencing (did it for a while as a teenager)
    • Dodgeball

D2: Not today :(

OVG: Nope...

11. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

RL: Drove up to the hills above Placerville, old gold rush mining towns along the way, went to an apple orchard so my niece could go through a hay bale maze, go through a pumpkin patch, etc. A fun time. Hit some serious rain on the way home, which was the first we've seen in months.

D2: My 1.07 javazon is questing through Act V Normal, currently level 28. Pretty easy going so far.

12. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I actually managed to get some stuff done outside today, house wise. I built a deck on the back about a month ago, and had a few loose ends to tie up before the staining and sealing. The wood had to dry out all the way so I wasn't in a huge hurry. I worked on houses for around 9 years before my current job and it comes in really handy since I can do pretty much anything myself, which saves money allowing me to use better material, etc.

D2: Knock on wood, but my issues seem to have straightened out with the game crashing. I used to play on a laptop, and I have another old laptop that I would mule items with since I never could get GoMule to work right. The old one hasn't been turned on in forever, and it is having some issues unfortunately. There is some really good stuff on the newer laptop, but the older one has I know at least 5 mules full of Runes ranging from El to Cham, and set pieces, white base items, pretty much complete gear sets for anything I would want to do.

I managed to get the RWM working on my current game, which is cool, but no big deal. GoMule will be my next attempt and hopefully it will work so I don't have to mule by way of a LAN game with another computer. I won't loose level layouts that way either. The data should have been backed up on the old machine so I have nobody to blame other than myself.

OVG: I tend to only play one game at a time since there are only so many hours in a day. Pokémon Go is just something to mess around with on my phone to kill time. I haven't even picked a team or joined a gym, but I really only find interest in getting the different monsters, which makes sense because of my D2 item hunt tendencies.

Kitteh likes this.
  13. kstuart

kstuart Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I have a consultants appt 5pm tonight to see what is wrong with my being ultrasound showed no gallstones and i still get pain in that region.

D2: Doubt it wont be back home to late, other side of county which is 90 min drive away.

OVG: As above

14. Kitteh

Might I suggest inventing a time machine?

15. Bry

Bry Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Played hockey over the weekend which was fun. Someone slashed my wrist and now I have a nice bruise and its swollen but it will go away with ice and ibuprofen. Other than that good weekend. Didn't feel like going to the gym this morning so I'll go after work. Girlfriend is working a few nights this week and this coming weekend so I will have plenty of time to play D2.

D2: Will hopefully be getting Sorc and Barb to nightmare this week. The barb will be the hard one because of the item restrictions from the gods of chaos tournament but I think he will be fine.

OVG: I don't this so this week. just D2

16. kstuart

lol better than talk of improving my productivity at work by cloning me i guess :p

Annoyingly i turned up and was told it was cancelled as consultant stuck in traffic coming up from manchester.... they rang and left message at 4. Drawback being i left 3:30 to get there

Kitteh likes this.
  17. Kitteh

Full Throttle Tuesdaily

RL: I've been chatting with a researcher at The Beatson Institute, Glasgow, a major cancer research centre. I'm hoping that he will agree to be my potential supervisor for a scholarship application, and today he asked me to have a Skype interview with him tomorrow. I am very excited, and even more nervous!

D2: No :(

OVG: No...

18. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

RL: back to work after a 4 day weekend instead of a 3 day one. Pff ....

D2: not much. Some LK runs, but still no Sur or Ber :(. Statistically speaking, I think I should have found a HR by now. I hope it drops soon, because I'm terribly bored with LK and want to get back to CS xp runs. I haven't done many of those for ages, after dinging 97 a long time ago.

OVG: I wouldn't know when to do those

Kitteh likes this.
  19. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I think I'm getting sick, I feel super spaced out/light headed. Need to finish installing a new over the range microwave. Had to borrow a grinder to trim two tiles that interfere with the new microwave since it is a tiny bit taller than my old one.

D2: Still plugging away on the new necromancer. He is 73 now and in act 2 Hell. I'm keeping him self found until he finishes hell.

OVG: Diablo 3 played some of my S7 DH, so OP.

Kitteh likes this.
  20. kstuart

RL: Nothing much, did just go shopping to COOP and get the frozen meal deal for a fiver which Kitteh may be interested in. Pizza, wedges, chicken strips, garlic bread and haagen daaz ice cream all for £5.

D2: Probably something no idea which character. Maybe start a naked pally and try not to die too soon ;)

OVG: May switch to minecraft later on for a while before bed.