OT: The Best Day in Sports

Toa3t

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: The Best Day in Sports

Tonight it's Duke-UNC at Cameron Indoor Stadium. That's really all I can say, FU @ World Series, World Cup, and even the Final Four compared to this :D :lol: About two and a half hours 'til tipoff, hot damn. I lost five bucks on Wazzou earlier this week versus my friend's 20 on Stanford, but this'll cheer me up for sure.

Anyone else here counting down the next.. two hours twenty minutes with me?

-Kevin

[edit because I really do know my days of the week, honestly]

tking716

Diabloii.Net Member
while i agree totally that symbolically, duke-unc is huge, given that pitt would kill either team makes it kinda moot. im not sure which team you like, but either way, neither team has a chance at making the final four unless they show some capability to hold a decent team under 75 points. that said i will certainly watch.

Toa3t

Diabloii.Net Member
As far as I see it, UNC is the typical "we're ranked in the middle of the top 25 polls but really can't be expected to beat anyone else on that list" team they've been in recent years while Duke is sticking to their motto of "we're the Yankees of the NCAA and are in contention every year but comes up short 9/10 of the time and can't make good pro players". That said, I don't really care who wins, it's gonna be great :)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
tking716 said:
while i agree totally that symbolically, duke-unc is huge, given that pitt would kill either team makes it kinda moot. im not sure which team you like, but either way, neither team has a chance at making the final four unless they show some capability to hold a decent team under 75 points. that said i will certainly watch.
*cough* stanford could destroy Pitt *cough*

:D

i seem to have a cold.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Huh, you're a bit early with that....

Best day is the match 7 of the Stanley Cup finals when Detroit Red Wings beats whatever they're against :D

Second best would be HIFK beating Jokerit in the Finnish hockey league finals, which will be happening soon...(sorry Lpr, Joutaja and Topi, that is if you're cheering for some other team :lol: )

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
Duke V UNC should be a good game, but personally, I cant wait until tomorrows Missouri V Kansas. Its the last game ever in the Hearns Center (Mizzous arena), and its a rivalry as heated as any in the country, we just dont get the press like the coasts do. Hearns will be rocking, go Tigers!

MajorB

Baal

Diabloii.Net Member
best sports day is a game 7 stanley cup finals... or the all star game

ps.... booo red wings...i hate that team. there are only 2 things i hate in hockey

the wings... and dominic hasek

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
best day ever was a year and a half ago when my Angels, who I have follwed since I was 6 in 1975, won their first ever World Series.

kramph

Diabloii.Net Member
Borlag said:
Huh, you're a bit early with that....

Best day is the match 7 of the Stanley Cup finals when Detroit Red Wings beats whatever they're against :D
This year is the year for the Colorado Avalanche. :winner:

Chaldan

Diabloii.Net Member
Today is one of the best sports days of the year:

- Vasaloppet (worlds biggest cross-country skiing race, about 18000 people skiing 90 km across swedish snow)
- Indoor athletics world championship final day
- Formula one season premier