OT: That's MASTER rachil0, to you!

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: That's MASTER rachil0, to you!

In between countless mephs, baals and pindles... I got my masters!

So if anyone ever wants to learn more about "An analytical and numercial investigation of unidirectional magnetic photonic crystals", then I am now fully qualified to discuss it with you. Anything else that happened in the last two years is out... talk anything besides electromagnetics to me and all you get is a blank stare. I'll be celebrating my exit from academic incarceration with a beer. :drink:

Just thought I would share a little revelry! :clap:

cyradis2003

Diabloii.Net Member
WOOT!!

*throws confetti and cookies*

Congrats Rach!

Sooo .... is it true what they say about you Electromagnatologists?
You really know how to attract!!!

Sorry - I couldn't help myself.

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
Har har, yep

It's a real interesting field.

You meet a wide spectrum of people.

We all have magnetic personalities.

We get real charged up about our work.

I've frickin heard them all. Every one of us is a dork that thinks his pun is TEH BEST OMG! My favorite joke that I have heard lately here at work:

So Heisenberg is speeding home from a late night at the lab when he is pulled over by a state trooper. Trooper sez, "Sir, do you have any idea how fast you were going?". Heisenberg says "Nope, but I know EXACTLY where I was!"

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, you play Diablo 2, post on it's forums and are an electromagnestist. You win the biggest dork award. And I thought my love for fantasy novels, and my collection of anime made me a contender.

Christor

Diabloii.Net Member
Your jokes are still awful, Ryan. :D

....But mine are still worse. :lol:

BTW, glad to see you've finally obtained your Masters. Congratz!

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Gratz rach! Pretty awesome work there man! :clap: :drink:

I'm studying electronic engineering, and I saw this geeky joke written on a toilet wall in the eng. faculty building!

A neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender "How much for a beer?"
The bartender replies "For you, no charge." :lol:

~Ska

P.S. - Don't get the wrong idea, I don't read the messages on toilet walls regularly!

Christor

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm rather surprised Prez hasn't stopped by yet...

Perhaps he went back to his home planet? :rolleyes: :lol:

Prez

Diabloii.Net Member
Christor said:
I'm rather surprised Prez hasn't stopped by yet...

Perhaps he went back to his home planet? :rolleyes: :lol:

My home is among the stars now...no time for you earth bound slugs.

So...do you have to wear lead underwear when u play with your electromagnetic waves?

Gratz on the degree...got a job yet?

:)

Prez

p.s I have this really scary messed up avatar now....cool!

CoonerTheRed

Diabloii.Net Member
congrats :clap:

I decided to stick around for more myself, so I've got 3 more years til the phd (in Math... not sure who wins the dorkiness award there)

Saw this one on a toilet stall recently:

There are 10 types of people in this world...
Those who know binary, and those who don't :uhhuh:

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
On the flip side... I'm going to college in 2.5 months! :D For....

Wait for it...

Here it comes....

...Music Performance! Yes, the long ( x 5 ) road of countless hours of playing jazz trumpet have begun. But hey, I can't watch my dreams go right out of the window. The squirrels will steal them. -.-

Lucky

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
congrats Lucky, you have a promising career of a Jazz musician in a smoky bar with food payment up ahead :lol:

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Ankeli said:
congrats Lucky, you have a promising career of a Jazz musician in a smoky bar with food payment up ahead :lol:
Don't forget the free drinks...

My only piece of advice would be to not feel like you need to get too wrapped up in degree-seeking. Unless you plan on teaching or playing in a big city symphony or orchestra, a Master's degree is more than enough.

Where might you be going to study?

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
Prez said:
My home is among the stars now...no time for you earth bound slugs.

So...do you have to wear lead underwear when u play with your electromagnetic waves?

Gratz on the degree...got a job yet?

:)

Prez

p.s I have this really scary messed up avatar now....cool!
OMGoogle! I didn't see you had replied to this. No jorb yet, I am staying around through the summer to participate in some conferences. I am leaning towards staying for a Ph.D, I was awarded a fellowship indirectly through Northrup Grummon (a big dough defense contractor) that is competitive. So...

FOUR MORE YEARS! (of school)

Actually I hope not that long, 2-3 years I think is my window. Depending of course on how hard I work.

det

Diabloii.Net Member
And a big conratulations from me as well...another geek sitting at his desk, drawing and being surrounded by Film Actionfigurines :D