Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Steam autumn sale has begun

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by T72on1, Nov 24, 2016.

1. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

The Steam autumn sale is up and running again, until 11/29/16.

Games I already own, and think people should check out because they are awesome, are Grim Dawn, Mark of the Ninja and (as if there are still people who don't own it) the Orange Box.

Games I might buy are the newest Doom (most likely) and Shadow Warrior 2 (maybe). And maybe some cheap hidden gems out there.

Speaking of which ... which games do you want to get? Which ones do you recommend?

2. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia Diabloii.Net Member

If you like platformers I would highly recommend N++.

3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

Grim Dawn is definitely worth checking out. Dare I say this, but it feels more Diablo than Diablo 3.

Thyiad and SunsetVista like this.
  4. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Alan Wake, Bioshock series and the Arkham series of Batman games.

5. Xios

Xios Diabloii.Net Member

I'd definitely recommend the new Doom if you're considering it. As someone who is a fan of the original titles (my last playthrough was with Brutal Doom a few months ago) I thought it did an excellent job of capturing the spirit of the old series while simultaneously bringing it into the modern era. It's always nice to see a foundational entry in a genre return with a bang and not a whimper (looking at you, Duke Nukem).

My only real gripe is that there's no inherent Co-op for the main campaign, although I guess that was due to mechanic/storytelling reasons that would make it clunky (or hamfisting the multiplayer aspects). Would have been nice to play through it with my dad like I did with the originals when I was younger.

I haven't paid much attention to games on sale. Over the past few years I've become real frugal with my game purchases, since I think it's these very sales that promote that behavior in me. I'm not really itching for something new, and still have games on my backlog so I'll probably be giving this one a pass unless something really catches my eye or is supremely cheap.

I did consider picking up Legacy of the Void since Blizzard usually only waits for certain key times of the year to put their items on sale and they don't have as wide reaching of 3rd party sellers. I like RTS campaigns and I actually was enjoying the Co-op game mode when I was last playing it, as it reminded me of Age of Empires Online (good night sweet prince) as the Co-op vs. AI side of RTS titles is a niche that's rarely seized.

6. T72on1

That's usually my take on it too, in the end. I always get carried away, thinking 'I should buy game x or y", certainly when it's very cheap, but then I realize I don't even have enough time to play the games I currently have and want to play (D2, D3, PoE, Grim Dawn, Mark of the Ninja, Portal 2, replay of HL2 and it's episodes, ...)

7. Xirys

Xirys Diabloii.Net Member

I recommend Talisman Digital Edition. It can be a ton of fun and tons of replay value. You can add on after the initial purchase but it is pretty inexpensive for just the base game.

8. T72on1

I bought a nice little game called 'Steamworld Dig' for 2.24 euro, a platform mining game. I haven't gotten very far yet, but really like what I have seen so far.

9. Timinator

Timinator Diabloii.Net Member

I recommend The Talos Principle. First person philosophical puzzler by Croteam, the people behind Serious Sam. There is a free demo you can try out for a quick feel of it, if you want.

10. Raad

Raad Diabloii.Net Member

Ahhh those awesome sales, I remember the TF2 shades from the '11 or '10 one (not sure), I wish I had a PC to be able to handle modern games but since I barely play them anyways it seems that those days are gone!

Terraria is usually on sale so that might be worth checking out if it still is though