OT: Starcraft Help

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: Starcraft Help

Hey all,

I play 2 players vs 6 comps a lot (my roommate can't get on b.net for some weird reason, but the lan works). The problem is how we randomly generate all over the dang map.

How can I change the settings so we always start off next to each other?

Thanks,
Garbad

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Hey all,

I play 2 players vs 6 comps a lot (my roommate can't get on b.net for some weird reason, but the lan works). The problem is how we randomly generate all over the dang map.

Thanks,
Garbad
gar, it's because u are not playing a user maps setting game, otherwise known as ums. if u play something like ffa or melee then u randomly generate anywhere there is a starting point. hope that helps. if u have some knowledge of the editor, take a look at where players 1 and 2 are situated for starting points. u can make it so that u two are next to each other if u edit the map and use user maps settings as the type of game.

~Kazama Fury~

Diabloii.Net Member
cold is right, you got to play ums. if you get bored of the constant 2v6 comps, instead, download ums's at ******* and i am sure theres many other places where you can play scenario/mission type of games. i cant really think of one from the top of my head at the moment, if you are interested, you can always visit the site and/or have google give you some listings.

edit: i took off the link because i am not sure if its an url that breaks the forum rules. i am sure you can find it anyways.

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Hey all,

Thanks,
Garbad
Hi i stil cant log in to stupid b.net.

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
Notes:

1) You can disable random locations at start.
2) You could play ums and have teams placed whereever
3) Top Vs Bottom.

God I miss SC. I had a 1800-300 record before this addiction-->Diablo

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
starcraft is a good game i still play cuz i lost my warcraft cdkey..stupid blizzard.. putting it on the OUTSIDE of the case now... ><"""

yeah as mentioned before UMS would be ideal download some off bnet and lan them over..

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
top vs bottom doesnt do it tho

I have it on top v bottom and it spawns us all over. It would be a pain to edit all my maps for this...

Maybe I am just too nub to know what to do. I usually click top v bottom, put in 2 v 6 comps and my ally joins. Then we start, and restart, and restart, until we randomly are side by side.

How should I do it?

Garbad

Salo

Diabloii.Net Member
Tor said:
starcraft is a good game i still play cuz i lost my warcraft cdkey..stupid blizzard.. putting it on the OUTSIDE of the case now... ><"""

yeah as mentioned before UMS would be ideal download some off bnet and lan them over..
wow, yes almost same here, almost got rubbed off. im sorta grimey when it comes to computer things and such items get rather worn.

hey, i feel that SC is better than WCraftIII for vegging out at 3 am, my normaly free time to play. WCIII is rather intense. im not the micro manage type.

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
You people are brining so many memories back. SC is the best game Ive ever played here.

Only reason I quite was cause of drop hack/ map hack on SC.

Otherwise I woulda stayed. wonder if my account is still alive. I doubt it. =(

TheKbob

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Hey all,

Thanks,
Garbad
As you would say Garbad: O_O

Hehe. But yeah, get some UMS maps. That's all I play for the most part when I do play SC. I really need to re-install it.

SC is fun. I like marines and zerg. Never did play toss to much.

~Kbob