Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT:So...Where Is everyone here in the single player forum from? de

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Sep 20, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

OT:So...Where Is everyone here in the single player forum from?

Wasup guys. I thought it's about time I made a thread that finds out where everyone's from. Seeing as how I've learned how you guys "first started playing Diablo" I figured we get a little more in depth because no where else on these forums are people more of a family then the sp forums.

One quick note...BEAT YA NEUMEIN! Haha, I'm just messing with you man. I saw your post in my thread about saying you should make this thread...so I'm giving you the credit on this one.

So just post where you're from, stuff about it, and If possible, post a picture that really represents the common sterotype of where you live...even if you absolutely hate that stereotype and in no way fit it at all. Don't worry, we'll all understand.

So I guess I'll start first. I live in the U.S and in the great state of North Carolina...or as people in South Carolina call us, North Kakalakie, but we also call them South Kakalakie lol. I love it here and I couldn't wish for anything else, although I must admit I hate the tiny town I live in and I cannot wait to get out and go down south(Still in NC) to live with my brother and go to college there. Some myths to dispell about us must be told as well. I don't have the redneck accent, although I have more of a mix of southern and northern because my parents are both northern. Yes...we have running water and people actually do work besides farming...lol no one farms around here...well some do. It mainly consists of small towns with a few exceptions and the hottest sport is hockey, because we got the CANES!!! Other than that, life is pretty sweet...oh and we have the best BBQ in the world I might add...

Ohhh almost forgot my stereotypical picture...
    [​IMG]

I never watched the stupid show but...it's every stereotype fit into one...

So...have fun guys and post away!

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I'm from THE parallel universe. As such, I cannot post a picture, as this universe cannot comprehend the dimensions and complexities of my parallel universe.

Edit: From the recent threads, I think this guy is gathering intelligence for the WoW Mafia. Better bolt your doors...

Edit2:
    Now you've done it. The Aussies are going to come crawling out of the outback.

3. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

I live in Topsham Maine. Not known for anything. However, I live a stones throw from Brunswick, which is known. There is a Navy base there (closing in a couple years, thanks to BRAC). Fatboys drive in, which some president has visited. Bowden College, which is far too expensive for me. And I work in Harpswell, where I know a guy who spent 250,000 on a new boat, and owns a home thats worth around 3 million. Saw a yacht worth around 15 million. Should've asked them for some Grey Pupon.

4. diablo loves donutz

Not even the aussies can beat a pig picking haha. Oh yea I forgot to mention to you frostburn. My brother has the crazy notion of possibly flying to australia the summer after next and doing random things-working, hiking, back packing, and living the "aussie" life...although if I know my bro that means finding a good pub in every town he meets and trying every new beer :rolleyes:

5. chumley669

chumley669 IncGamers Member

Interesting. My wife's uncle was President of Bowden until he retired a couple of years ago. Pretty country up there.

I currently reside in Wisconsin, USA, where they get entirely too excited about cheese. Don't get me wrong, I happen to like cheese, and I certainly respect its place in the history of mankind. But c'mon already...it's CHEESE! No matter how good it is, it's not exactly exciting! Anyway, I am from Pittsburgh, and my roots will always lie there, regardless of how the Steelers do. I'll return home, someday.

6. chumley669

I have to concur here, a pig picking is a beautiful thing. Especially with the homemade BBQ sauce they make in central North Carolina, with the pig roasted over hardwood....You WILL come back for more, I promise you.

7. diablo loves donutz

I remember being a kid and just laughing when ever I saw the pig's face...hahahahaha, it was priceless

Edit:Oh yea, sort of OT, but still in the general scheme. When I used to play on Bnet I had a few good friends. One of my friends had another good friend who I didn't know, but I always heard him messaging to him. One day his friend and I met when we both joined my friends room. He says, "Man my power might go out it's storming like crazy" I said, "Yea same here, where do you live" "North Carolina" He said. I said, "Get out, where in NC" He replied with "Youngsville" I then said "Oh ****, dude I live in Louisburg!!! (two really close towns)" and we talked on and on...it just really freaked me out haha.

8. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Hey, a Mainer! :wave: (chumley, if you think Maine is 'pretty country' you ought to try swimming across the bay to where I grew up).

Wilmot, Nova Scotia. Forestry & farms are probably the two biggest industries there, so you can pretty much imagine the stereotypical pictures. If that wasn't enough of a hint, how about if I tell you that my brother-in-law asked for a loan a couple of days ago so he could buy a cow? Still, that'll always be home and I do miss it at times. It's nice to go back and see that very few things have changed though. I would say that we have some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world, simply for 2 reasons: humidity and air-pollution - there's enough of both.

Now I live in Colorado, and love it. Culturally, it just works for me - I sold my TV for $5 about 4 years ago, and haven't missed it since (well, I do miss it when the hockey playoffs come on in April). Instead of sitting infront of the tube, I go hike/bike/climb mountains, and of course ski.

I LOVE skiing! Ski season doesn't open until late October, but a friend and I are already planning how we're going to hike up Berthoud Pass so we can do a run before the season. 2.5 hours hiking in ski boots at 11,000 feet, just for 5 minutes of skiing... yes, I'm hooked, and slightly nuts too.

9. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

I live in north-central Indiana. I guess we're called Hoosiers, but I haven't been told the story as to why we are call that, or what is a Hoosier. My roots lie in Chicago, and I get chided by my buddies that the reason why the White Sox finally won the world series (hadn't since 1917) was because I moved out of Chi-town, and that the Cubs won't until I move back! Grrr.

10. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

I come from the hottest country in the world, Scotland

11. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Lafayette? I lived there 2 years, and my mothers side of the family is still in the area. She's from Goodland, which is somewhere out past the corn and suquatash (sp?) fields.

I think water_moon is living in Lafayette at the moment too, although I don't know if she's a native Hoosier.

12. scarred_life

scarred_life IncGamers Member

Born and raised in Colorado for most of my life but that past 10 years I've lived in North & South Carolina. 5 years in each state and still currently residing there. As much as I may not like the people I have to say that this is one beautiful place sometimes.

What part of NC do you live in donutz?

13. forbidenorc

forbidenorc IncGamers Member

I live in canada, ontario in a little town called sturgeon falls. No malls, movie theatres nuthin. Ya well thats it.

14. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

The Empire state, New York!

But I'm in upstate NY...vastly, vastly different from the NYC area. Hell, there's more cows than buildings here.

15. Rolland

Rolland IncGamers Member

Born and raised in Cocoa, Florida (was a good place to grow up (***beach***)

Currently live in Central Utah, and I gotta say there's no going back (to live in FL now)

I live for 4 Seasons & Mountains!

Regards,

16. diablo loves donutz

Northeast of Wake County in Franklin County in a little town called Louisburg.

Do you know where Wilmington is? That's where I hope to go to college, I love that place!

Edit-And about the people, I don't blame you there although it depends on who you see and what not. Yes, the majority of people here are rednecks, ***holes, or just plain out mean...they're are still quite a few people with plenty of southern hospitality who are quite nice.

Are you still in NC btw, or are you in SC? If the latter...can you pleaseeeeee pick me up some fireworks hahahaha

17. scarred_life

scarred_life IncGamers Member

Yeah, I know where Wilmington is, sorry but I still live in NC but just inside of the border in a little town called Rutherfordton. Family and I always end up in SC for fireworks and it's always been that way since we lived here. I have to agree with you on the people but it seems there are more I'd rather avoid than at least stay around and chat with.

18. Tensaiga

Tensaiga IncGamers Member

Ah, all these east coasters are making me a tad nervous...I never was too fond of ole easteys.

Anyway, I currently live here in Salem, Oregon. Sterotypes? Well, none really that I can think of, the only problem being that whenever you mention Oregon, everyone's minds drift to "Trail". Now, I have never caulked and floated a wagon, but I CAN say that we have more trees than you can shake a stick at and we are fairly liberal within the willamette valley.

I really have no "home state" however. I was born in California, and have lived in Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico and then Oregon again since then. As such, never really had a chance to truely get in the mindset of a native of anywhere, I always seem to be an outsider. I can say, however, I LOVED the desert and Albuquerque was perhaps my favorite location. And we had some damn good chilli peppers down there. People up here just don't understand the importance of spicy.

19. chumley669

Actually, I spent a week up on the Bay of Fundy in St. Andrews, New Brunswick. While I am sure it is not as beautiful as Nova Scotia, I certainly got an idea of what it must be like. Gorgeous. The tides up there, for those of you who don't know, are the largest in the world, so at low tide the ocean goes waaaayyyy out, and you can go out and walk around on the sea floor. Very cool. Tons of wildlife...we ate at a restaraunt there over looking the water, and a fur seal came into the cove there just to look around. Harbor porpoises, lots of whales...really, it's a wonderful vacation spot, I highly recommend it. I am determined to make it across the way sometime before I die and see Nova Scotia, it must be stunning.

20. Hamburger

Hamburger IncGamers Member

Meh, I see most people here are from the USA...interesting ^^

I'm from Uruguay....that's a small country in South America...

...and yes, that means english is not my first language ^^ .