OT: slaving hard drives

Feceset

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: slaving hard drives

Hi guys, Feceset here. It's been a few months since I last posted; the D2 flame has been extinguished for me for atleast a few months. I also bought WoW a few weeks ago, and I've taken a liking to it. Anyways, on to this threads topic.

So, I've got this other computer that isn't used anymore with a 120 GB hard drive, and I'd like to add it to my computer as a slave drive and I have a question:

The hard drive has a lot of data on it that is useless, what do I need to do to clear off the hard drive so it can be a slave drive?

I ask this in this forum, because I know that many of you know how to do these sorts of things.

Thanks for any help you have to offer me, it'll be much appreciated :thumbsup:

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member
Just connect the new (old) drive to your computer. Then you can delete all data that you don't need any more. There is nothing required do be on a drive to be used by Windows. If you want to loose it all just format the drive.

-Andi

Feetstench

Diabloii.Net Member
You could just Slave it then delete everything in it, seems the easiest way to me, albiet gets a 0 for style points.

If you wanna stay poppin' fresh you could play old-school and dig out the classic [delete *,*].

In case your not sure I think most slave setting for the pin jumper is the second pair from the right.

sawm

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea, just adjust the jumpers so your current drive is a Master w/Slave, and your other drive (the 120GB) is a slave. If the markings aren't on the drives themselves, check the manufacturer's website. Just connect both, boot and go.

Feceset

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks, guys.

I didn't know it was as simple as setting the pin jumpers to master/slave even if the drive has data on it.