OT: Sacred Reccomendation

Lord_Vega

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
OT: Sacred Reccomendation

Hey guys! :D

After taking Borlag's reccomendation and downloading the demo to this game, I want to spur the rest of you to download the demo and try it out!

Being a huge Diablo addict for almost a decade now, I've always tried out other games which promised to be like it, and "better", but of course- no came even close to the hours and hours of fun Diablo gave me.

Well, let me make this statement loud and clear: SACRED IS BETTER THAN DIABLO!!! :worship:

Guys, this game is absolutely superb!! :thumbsup:

I very much suggest you drop by at http://www.sacred-fans.net/ and take a look at the screenies, the features and the rest of the stuff, and if you can take the 250 megs of download, please try it out!

I am certain that just as me- you will find your new addiction!!! :winner:

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with Vega. YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS! My only qualm is that it is a fairly short demo, and the final version probably won't run on my computer, as it needs a 24MB video card, and the final game will needs at least a 32MB card. But if you can, spend the time to download it. You won't be dissapointed. Cheers!

Lord_Vega

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
You know, BD- when thinking about it from a prespective other than a crazed-fan's one, I believe they gave us quite alot more than most demo's give :) I mean, 14 quests is not something to be complaining about!

Sure, to us it seems like nothing since we got so much into this wonderful game, but we have to be good little fans-to-be and be grateful for what we got :worship:

Bring on the dark-elves!!!!! :surprise:

Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Diabloii.Net Member
I downloaded all 250 Megs of it, only to discover that it requires Win98 Second Edition... :hanky:

Just a warning to others.

Z_O

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord_Vega said:
SACRED IS BETTER THAN DIABLO!!!
Amen brother! Stopped playing D2 because of it. :thumbsup: Good thing too, I always find something new in the demo even if I've finished it 3-4 times now.

It is amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on the final product! I want to play the Vampiress! :clap:

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea I am stuck as well :uhhuh: :drink:

Just when i quit Diablo I find Sacred. When will I get time for school etc? And damn those Germans are lucky, getting the game 1 month before the rest of us.

sativola

Diabloii.Net Member
This is almost not good for me.... I just got addicted to D2...only been playing for about a year. Hmph...might have to be addicted to two games now.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
this game looked like so much fun - and given that i couldn't run it on my comp - it isnpired me to begin searching around for the materials to build myself a "proper" computer. ~10 hours later i have found that i can get a:
2.1 GHz Athlon XP
MB with 8X AGP (my current comp has only PCI)
sweet looking case
80 GB Hard drive
512 MB DDR RAM (i might make this 1 GB just because i can)
GeForce FX 5600 256 MB

all for the low price of ~$450 US!!!!
comparatively, it would cost me ~$250 to upgrade my current comp to the point where it could play the game with the lowest video and sound settings. seems like its about time i spent some $$$! :D

Shadow

Diabloii.Net Member
I highly recommend Sacred, it's revived my interest in hack and slash RPG's and since the framework is so similar to D2's it's easy to get into.

Great characters, nice item system, beautiful graphics, huge world...what more could you want?

And no I'm not just pushing the praise into overdrive because I also help Nacaa out with www.sacred-fans.net. :)

P.S - Go there now and read. :D

Hythopian Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
I downloaded it to discover. . . the win-zip file was corrupted! Yea, so I won't be dl'ing it again any time soon, mainly because its about 1/4 of my allowed bandwidth per month :/ I'm sure its a fun game but, eck.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
whomhead said:
this game looked like so much fun - and given that i couldn't run it on my comp - it isnpired me to begin searching around for the materials to build myself a "proper" computer. ~10 hours later i have found that i can get a:
2.1 GHz Athlon XP
MB with 8X AGP (my current comp has only PCI)
sweet looking case
80 GB Hard drive
512 MB DDR RAM (i might make this 1 GB just because i can)
GeForce FX 5600 256 MB

all for the low price of ~$450 US!!!!
comparatively, it would cost me ~$250 to upgrade my current comp to the point where it could play the game with the lowest video and sound settings. seems like its about time i spent some $$$! :D
!!!!

Getting bits together for a new computer is one of the things I'm hoping to do this summer, hopefully I can find a supplier at least as good as yours here in the UK...

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
Sacred looks wonderful.. but I wont be able to play it for years till I can get a decent computer! :grrr:

D2 is just as good though, and easier to run :)

Death_Dealer

Diabloii.Net Member
Downloaded the demo, loved it so far. Is it better than D2? Maybe... I would have to play the whole game plus I don't know how to gage the items yet. So far though it looks like it could take D2s place sometime in the future.

flying_dug0ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Hythopian Shade said:
I downloaded it to discover. . . the win-zip file was corrupted! Yea, so I won't be dl'ing it again any time soon, mainly because its about 1/4 of my allowed bandwidth per month :/ I'm sure its a fun game but, eck.
Heh. Join the club. I've downloaded it 3 times from Loaded, Avault and ActionTrip, and all 3 were corrupted. Invalid Cyclic Redundancy Check.

Like zipping it up and saving an extra 1MB was gonna make a difference! Sheesh.

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
What kinda struck is that the zip is almost as big as the .exe....kinda pointless to risk it being corrupted by the compression :confused:

The game looks good though, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it (unless the end-game doesn't allow you to customize the controls, then it's debatable...I can't stand games where I have to go through acrobatic exercises to get to the keys used in-game while playing). Still don't like the running character animation though. But I guess every game has it's cons (like that game-crashing bug in Beyond Good and Evil that's still not patched *smirk*).