Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Reinstalling

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Liter Soul, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

OT: Reinstalling

I had to do a system wipe the other day, and I've had this problem before reinstalling Diablo II. My CD isn't scratched or anything, but for some reason it can't read the d2char.mpq file off the disc. Is there any way to download this, or is it against the EULA? I'm not downloading the entire game and I've got my original copy and cd-key and whatnot, and all I need is this one file. I can install the single player, but not multiplayer. This wouldn't be a problem, except you need to have a full in stall to upgrade to LoD. :rant:

Any help is appreciated.

2. Liter Soul

Whoa! I made this thread in between clicking 'retry' about 500 times. And it just took. That's so wierd... it wouldn't read the cd like 500 times and now it will? Nevermind! Thanks to anyone that was going to reply!!! Hah :D

3. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Hmm, I suggest removing the cd during installing, wiping it a bit and trying again. I've had this same problem with couple of games previously and this "trick" has worked nearly everytime.

If you can't get it working like this, you could try manually copying the file, it might do it slightly more efficiently than the installer.

Also if worst comes to worst, the file is 254Mb, so e-mailing that is definitely not an option, but sending it via mIRC with DCC could be an option. Just that it's best done with the help from someone who lives closer to you (I'm from Finland so the connection between us might be rather slow).

edit: :lol: sometimes you just need to force the cd:s to run properly, looks like this was one of those times :D

4. Liter Soul

Thanks Borlag. Yea, I rubbed it with a few cleaners, I wiped it off like 20 times, and it just wouldn't install. This happened last time I installed, which was like 2 years ago... I had to do the same thing, click 'retry' over and over and over. It didn't take nearly this long last time, I was getting worried! I've been wanting to play my druid a lot the past couple days... all is well! An MP game will go up as soon as I've got 1.10 up and running.

5. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

Wiping 20 times would scratch it... hehe kidding :) Glad ot hear you got it to work... sometimes it's really like that. Happened to me with my PC-Cillin... well that's a diff story