Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: R.I.P. George Carlin

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WingBlade, Jun 23, 2008.

1. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

OT: R.I.P. George Carlin

George Carlin, the dean of counterculture comedians whose biting insights on life and language were immortalized in his "Seven Words You Can Never Say On TV"routine, died of heart failure Sunday. He was 71.

2. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Re: OT: R.I.P. George Carlin

This is actually really sad. He was in my top 2 favorite comedians of all time. RIP.

3. come back zinc

come back zinc IncGamers Member

One of my favourites...

"Anyways, Father. Suppose that you didn't make your Easter duty...and it's Pentecost Sunday...the last day...and you're on a ship at sea...and the chaplain goes into a coma...but you wanted to receive. And then it's Monday, too late...but then you cross the International Date Line!"

I hope Buddy Jesus treats him well.

4. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

No!

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I read that. This sucks, but I guess its bound to happen in the end. R.I.P.

I think as a memorial thingy, I may listen to alot of his stuff again.

He better, he better.....

5. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Let us have a moment of muffled conversation for him (and those who were treated and released). He was an idol and one of the greats, up there with Bruce, Pryor, Newhart, Sahl and Cosby. I was hoping he'd float around forever, but he never was that healthy. I'll put on his Carnegie show and smoke one for him.

Lucky

6. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

One of the funniest SOB's to ever entertain us ..

Carnegie Hall was one of the first times I remember seeing him and I Lol'ed that entire show ..

- RIP George -

7. djleash

djleash IncGamers Member

Heard about this sunday night. Definitely ruined my weekend.
    :(

8. hawky

hawky IncGamers Member

"“I had an interesting morning; I got into an argument with my Rice Krispies. I distinctly heard “Snap, crackle, %^$# you!†I’m not sure which one of them said it; I was reaching for the artificial sweetener at the time and not looking directly into the bowl. But I heard it and I said, “Well, you can all just sit there in the milk as far as I’m concerned until I find out which one of you said that.†Mass punishment. The idea is to turn them against one another.

Silly me. Big punishment. That’s what Rice Krispies do. Sit in the milk. That’s their job. You’ve seen them. Delicate, beige blisters of air, floating proudly in milk. And you can’t sink them. They refuse to sink. The navy ought to use Rice Krispies in life preservers. That’s where they’re really needed. And do you know how Rice Krispies manage to float for such a long time? By clinging to one another; they buddy up. They gather in little groups of 8, 10, or sometimes 12, but, if you notice, its always an even number. That’s because the electromagnetic polarity of the Krispies attracts them to one another. It binds them in pairs, like subatomic particles. They form little colonies, and you can’t sink them, not even with a spoon. They just come bobbing up over the sides of the spoon, laughing at you and reveling in their buoyancy. Hard to sink.

That’s what the fruit is for. Not for added taste; not for nutrition; it’s for sinking Rice Krispies. Believe me, a good-sized peach, hurled at full force at the bowl from a stepladder, can take out 80 or 90 of the little buggers in one glorious splash. And I have absolutely no mercy. If I’m really pissed, I’ll climb up to the upstairs balcony and drop a watermelon on them. That’ll teach them to sass me at breakfast.â€