OT: Psssst! Hey! Over here!

Gorny

Banned
OT: Psssst! Hey! Over here!

So the ladder's ending and some of you are trying to figure out what to do?

Go Ladder and Start from scratch? Or stay on Non Ladder?

Or would you like option number three?

[size=-200]Shamelessly offers free WoW trial Keys, total of five available currently, PM with Email and questions!

/Shameless plug[/size]

Planktonboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: OT: Psssst! Hey! Over here!

If you don't start from scratch, then quite frankly, why did you decide to play on ladder in the first place? I know there are some ladder only runewords and items, but you would have always known there would come a day when your character no longer held the status of being a ladder character. If you can't bear the thought of losing all that virtual wealth, in exchange for the best D2 experience around; you should ask yourself why you even still play the game.

Gorny

Banned

If you don't start from scratch, then quite frankly, why did you decide to play on ladder in the first place? I know there are some ladder only runewords and items, but you would have always known there would come a day when your character no longer held the status of being a ladder character. If you can't bear the thought of losing all that virtual wealth, in exchange for the best D2 experience around; you should ask yourself why you even still play the game.
I think you miss the point of this thread, were not discussing starting over on Ladder Versus going to Non Ladder, or anything like that.

I don't play Diablo much these days anyway, having left for WoW more than two years ago, and only recently returned for about two weeks.

The point of this thread is just as the first post states.

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Argh, traitor.

Anyway, I don't wanna try WoW, since I don't wanna be sucked into another RPG, and especially not pay money for it. I do have Guild Wars, but got bored of it pretty quickly.

As for Diablo... Well, I gave all my items and mules to my best BNet friend, and deleted all my chars. Then I deleted my D2 folder. No way back for me.

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member

What is this WoW of which you speak?

Sìrloìn flew past the pirates South of Ratchet last night and is now 17. 2 more levels and WSG here I come. :whistling:

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

wow stand for world of warcraft, blizzards other RPG.

P.S. what's the third option Gorny?

So the ladder's ending and some of you are trying to figure out what to do?

Go Ladder and Start from scratch? Or stay on Non Ladder?

Or would you like option number three?

[size=-200]Shamelessly offers free WoW trial Keys, total of five available currently, PM with Email and questions!

/Shameless plug[/size]

Surely there must be a violation of some kind here :banned03: .

You're not allowed to whisper here you know?

Gorny

Banned

how long is the trial for? Shamefully asking

10 days or 14 days, depending, more below:

1: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

2: Choose a path: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/trial/index.html?referrer=WORLDOFWARCRAFT&source=wowhome&promo=1

3: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20590&categoryId=2331&parentCategoryId=2317&pageNumber=1

Note: If you are new to WoW go with the Classic Trial. TBC is not necessary.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I've played a couple of WoW trials and they are useful to find out if you like the game. Yes it is limited: you can't get above level 20, you can't use the auction house and a couple of other things.

There's enough to find out if you would pay for the game though. Whether you like the graphics, the gameplay, the required interaction.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member

Heh, there's an option number 4 too, but I'm not going to tell. (now where did i put that blue pill)

- D.J.

Gorny

Banned

Yes, that's a one way trip down the rabbit hole, it exits half a mile above Azeroth, hope you brought a parachute.

Gorny

Banned

Just think:

You can make your own potions and sell them to other players.
You can make your own weapons and armor, and sell them too.
You go fishing ingame if you want.
No one can go hostile on you, kill you and steal your stuff - PvP is a whole different world.
You only have one corpse, and everything stays on it no matter how many times you die.
No more running around to retreive multiple corpses.
No magic find.
You can eventually ride a horse (or other mount) and even fly.
No dupes.
Ingame moderators (we call them GM's) that actually do something.
No more creating games, pick a server world and adventure through that.

You can even PvP with or against me or any of the other WOW playing DII.netters here.

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member

I left Diablo for wow around 2 years ago as well.. I caught wind of a ladder reset and came to see if there's any word of a patch along with it. I'm thinking I may play a bit when ladder resets... well whenever there aren't any raids scheduled ;)

If you love diablo, as i did for several years, then you probably would love wow.. imo a lot of broken things from diablo are fixed in wow... its such a good game really. The only thing i really miss is mf'n... it was replaced with farming.. which is rewarding as well, just not quite the same as running meph or baal a million times for the hope of a 'best in game' drop... you'll need 24 other people to get a 'best in game drop', not that there isnt plenty you can acquire on your on.

After a while, the monthly fee seems really, really, cheap. lol

Gorny, what server are you on? And is there a dii.net server per se? I play on echo isles.. a dubbed 'southpark' server, though I didnt see that episode until I had been playing a few monthes.

Gorny

Banned

Hordeside on Gorefiend server, US - PvP .

Along with a few others from here.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member

Ingame moderators (we call them GM's) that actually do something.
No more creating games, pick a server world and adventure through that.
That's one reason which excludes me as an WoW player, I am way to foul mouthed when encountering challenged people.

- D.J.

Gorny

Banned

I tend to click Ignore, prevents them from talking to you in any fashion.

Catch is, language usually does happen and gets colorful within a guilds chat and you won't get reported for it, in public chat channels, you might. If I am in a group and someone starts on me like that I can always leave. It's not like DII where you are stuck with the same group of people in a given game.

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't forget that you can actually get your toon plastered too.