OT - Post your desktop

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
I cant make a picture of mine because my pc is crappy.

But i've got a cool Lara Croft wall paper :D and ive got .txt files on the right and shortcuts on the left. and atm D1 shortcut is taking pride of place dead centre

Here's mine at the moment.
@immortal: is that the chronicles of riddick game you got there? i was thinking of getting it myself because the movie is seriously good, would you recommend it?

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd post mine but Linux is still kicking my butt and screen captures are not within my power yet :p

krzyhobo said:
I'd post mine but Linux is still kicking my butt and screen captures are not within my power yet :p
sort of backs my case that Windows is still superior to linux.
*takes many screenshots to make krzyhobo jelous.*

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
I suppose the argument to be made for Linux is that once you get it working, it works to perfection, forever, for free. I'm using it primarily as a learning experience. I can run my system for weeks without rebooting and system/software updates are easy to obtain and install. O, and security. Linux viruses are few and far between.

Maybe I should dig out my Windows 98 disc. Wasn't that the last version that had a fully functional DOS mode available?

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
Here's mine at the moment.
@immortal: is that the chronicles of riddick game you got there? i was thinking of getting it myself because the movie is seriously good, would you recommend it?
Riddick is an interesting game. There is a demo available for download at the moment so maybe you should try that out.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
I would post mine, but:
1) I have no programs that would kill the filesize under ~250 KB so I could upload it to my photobucket account.
2) I'm lazy
3) I'm about to go to sleep
4) I'm REALLY lazy
5) If I were to save the desktop screenshot as a .jpg image in order to get the image size down enough, the quality would be come terrible
6) I currently have my desktop cluttered with a total of 51 icons. I need to clean that up first
7) Did I mention how lazy I was?

Gorish

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you :)

I downloaded it from deviantart. It's a pic called V_u_l_k_a_n_i_k_2. Not sure the best way to find it though, I just crawled through a while pile of digital/sci fi pics and found it. I think the search feature is only for members, so that's out unless you're a member...

Also, since I like the pic so much, I got rid of all my icons to better view it :p The green thing at the bottom is a utility called StatBar (as the name on it implies :p), very useful if you like numbers about your comp visible.

Gorish said:
Thank you :)

I downloaded it from deviantart. It's a pic called V_u_l_k_a_n_i_k_2. Not sure the best way to find it though, I just crawled through a while pile of digital/sci fi pics and found it. I think the search feature is only for members, so that's out unless you're a member...

Also, since I like the pic so much, I got rid of all my icons to better view it :p The green thing at the bottom is a utility called StatBar (as the name on it implies :p), very useful if you like numbers about your comp visible.
Lol, lovely background, nice little utility down the bottom as well, then its ruined by the worlds ugliest start menu - windows 98. :p

Gorish

Diabloii.Net Member
I beg to differ; the WinXP menu really looks horrible, much worse than the "Classic" look or whatever they're calling it these days. Anyway, when I'm tempted to post my desktop again, I'll cut off the start bar for you :p