Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Pokémon Go Mini-Bar

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by djmbbandie, Jan 11, 2019.

1. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

This area is to separate us pogoers from the main bar of spam. Per people’s request in the bar to not see pogo posts.

Anyone realize spawn variety has increased lately? In the mornings downtown I’ve been able to find snorlax, beldum, and porygon.

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Minibar? A mini water for me please?

Oh sorry, nothing to add to the whole PoGo thing.

3. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

*serves mini-water*

I'm outer suburbs of the city, so we don't have a lot of stops/spawns/gyms out here. But I am house-sitting closer to the city, and found a random 100CP Chansey yesterday. I don't think those, or any other rare spawns, would appear at my house outside of an event.
    How often do you get a rare spawn? Every morning, or just, a semi-regular spawn?

4. djmbbandie

I work in a major city downtown M- F. So I ride a train down and back. I also live in a pretty good area for the game as across the street is two gyms and 5 stops in a small area that’s considered a park.

Anyone going out for tododile day? I’m going to our downtown pier which usually spawns at an insane rate during community days. Just really cold today with snow late.

5. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I was under the impression that different areas have different biomes which means you basically will only ever draw pokemon from a specific pool. Hence, when I have a windy day (often, in the winter) I still never see ANY dragon types. When I go to campus I see plenty of things I never see near my home (aron, wobuffet, shuckle, etc.).

Is today tododile day? I've been telling myself I should go out less since I've walked 130 km in under 2 weeks (blisters) and I hate winter. Still, trying to find a ditto for the research tasks

6. djmbbandie

Pyro, I owe you a drink if you’re ever in Cleveland. I got my first chingling from your egg .024 hatch rate in 7ks.

Got myself seven shiny tododiles. Two are fully evolved for the move.

@Phar : how far away are you from water? We see dratinis occasionally here in downtown Cleveland because we’re by water.

7. pharphis

Other side of town has a river, but I'm never over there.

Got a shiny totodile (my first shiny pokemon), pharphette got 2.

and wow nice!

I'm trying to evolve grimer for the meltan research -_-

I'm NOT looking forward to throwing an excellent curveball.. Any strats for that? Maybe do it against a very large pokemon (raid?) to make it easier?

Were you weirded out when pharphette added you? lol

8. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Excellent curveballs aren't that difficult, once you get used to them. There are YT tutorials that show a couple of techniques, but things like Kangaskhan, Wailmer, several legendaries including the current 7-day research streak mon, Ponyta, Magmar etc are the things you should practice on. Kangaskhan is the easiest for me.
    I believe Kangaskhan isn't available in your area though, so... try on the others above. But don't stress about it, go at your own pace, there is no rush. Niantic will re-introduce ways of getting something (Aerodactyl is very rare, but is currently in quests for those finishing up on the Meltan quest. When those quests go, it'll be put back in at a later stage.)

9. pharphis

I've got a few aerodactyls (get them currently from "use an item to evolve a pokemon" research).

I guess I'll try on wailmer, eventually.

10. pharphis

oh good I got ditto. Sick of catching rattata and stuff like that.

So.. how often are the "magikarp" days? do those occur regularly or was that a one time thing years ago? Next I need to evolve one of those.

11. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I'm currently reading the Pokemon manga, does that make me cool too?

12. Caitlyn Gets Wrecked

Caitlyn Gets Wrecked IncGamers Member

I spent the entire community day at work, so no shiny totodiles for me today. That's ok though, maybe next time :)

13. djmbbandie

Welcome! Post your friend code and I can send you stuff from Cleveland.

*serves mini-Dew

*serves wine

With my normal Sunday raid group. Doesn’t seem to be too hopping yet. First raid is set for 10:16 tentatively.

Taurus is a good one to try excellent curveballs on. He’s big enough. Magikarp is very common by water, so you may want to hang out on the other side of town. I have 1600+candies now still holding out for a shiny (evolved three normals prior) you’ll see them increased during rain weather as well.

14. pharphis

I got a mantyke from an egg. I only know gen 3 and earlier really well so a lot of these things are surprises to me!

I've seen a couple of magikarp but not many in the last 2 weeks. Maybe 10? I've found plenty of 'wonder' magikarp from eggs/research, though.

Anyone live in a region that is exclusive to something other than tauros that wants to eventually trade? lol

15. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

Nice one there, @pharphis. Mantyke is currently a really rare hatch. I've got tons of Mr. Mime (Croatia/Europe), but I think it's highly unlikely our paths will cross. Last karp day was the world water day, but with Niantic you can never be sure so make good use of your pinaps when you encounter the fish.

Oh, hi everyone. I also play PGo :)

Had a 5 month break, but came back to see what will become of PvP.

16. pharphis

oh damn I figured you could trade once you were really really really good friends or something. LAME

17. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

The trades still require you to be in close proximity. Maybe a decision to encourage getting out, traveling, and then meeting up with other players once home.
    They did have regionals hatch from eggs a few months ago, so everyone could hatch Mr Mine, Farfetch'd, Tauros and Kangaskhan.

I skipped Community Day, partly on not wanting to travel, partly on more reasonable reasons. I just finished house-sitting, lost one of my charger cables (either left at one of the houses I was looking after, or in my car in the moving about,) so got home a couple hours before the event, and had to charge my phones and power bank. The best local event here is about 20 minutes drive, and I just wanted to stay at home for the first time in a month.
    Kinda regret it, as reading the chats, people got some awesome shinies!

18. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I ended up with 6 Shiny Totodiles as did my wife. Not too bad, normally end up with a few more than that.

Is everyone planning on doing the Feebas day this coming weekend?

19. pharphis

I probably will since I don't have many candies and shinies are still exciting to me :p

2 legendaries this month are raikou and zapdos, so far. Hoping for articuno or something with a different type next

20. djmbbandie

Well, the hoenn event just opened. No shinies yet. Could use a wailmer or swablu. I will do some raids in Santa Monica with the spoofers thisnweekend and work on getting a better groudon.....