OT: Pints on me *yarr*

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: Pints on me *yarr*

Happy... Vappu to everyone! I guess 99% of you (excluding Sonikki) doesnt know what Vappu is but its supposed to be some sort of a celebration for the "working class" and the graduating engineers here in Finland. Basically, just another reason to get drunk. And Im well on my way already, though its only 16:35 :/

Anyway, my 500th post and the beer's on me \o/

*offers to anyone who cares to join the Vappu-celebrations :)*
 

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
*grabs an american beer and pours it on ankeli*

*grabs a real beer and drinks it*

:buddies:
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
Aerath said:
*grabs an american beer and pours it on ankeli*

*grabs a real beer and drinks it*

:buddies:
You're too mean :lol: American beer isn't all bad. Apparently it's very good for washing down horses :lol:
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
waflob said:
You're too mean :lol: American beer isn't all bad. Apparently it's very good for washing down horses :lol:
There's no way the horses have taste that bad...it'd be animal cruelty if some got in the mouth.
 

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont really drink beer (that's why i was giving it away here, duh) but the American beers I tasted when i went over there... I've never, and i mean NEVER, had worse :) they taste like they would have one fifth of glue in them or something :/ I guess that the Americans dont notice this because either 1. their customs stops and destroys every foreign beer can/bottle trying to board the country so they've never tasted real beer or 2. they get used to it... which is hard to believe. :)
 

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
Ankeli said:
I dont really drink beer (that's why i was giving it away here, duh) but the American beers I tasted when i went over there... I've never, and i mean NEVER, had worse :) they taste like they would have one fifth of glue in them or something :/ I guess that the Americans dont notice this because either 1. their customs stops and destroys every foreign beer can/bottle trying to board the country so they've never tasted real beer or 2. they get used to it... which is hard to believe. :)
Know what you mean. At the risk of doing millions of people a gross injustice (apologies in advance), I think it's got more to do with the culture. Everything there's got to be fast, cheap and mass-produced. Doesn't leave a lot of room for other, trivially unimportant things, such as quality. I think you'll find the glue was an attempt to make the beer less thin :lol: (the Austrians did the same thing with their wine a few years ago, but used car coolant)

Apparently, you can get good beer there, but you've got to look for it and be prepared to pay lots for it. The whole situation can probably best be summed up by that famous American philosopher Elwood Blues when he said 'if the sh** fits, wear it'

DelBoy

ps - now $0.02 poorer ...
 

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member
Ankeli said:
Happy... Vappu to everyone! I guess 99% of you (excluding Sonikki) doesnt know what Vappu is but its supposed to be some sort of a celebration for the "working class" and the graduating engineers here in Finland.
I'm from Finland as well, and I know a few other Finnish guys who visit this forum regurlary. ;)

And just to clear things up, the 1st of May (Vappu) is indeed a day to celebrate for the working class and for ALL students, not just for graduating engineers as you suggested.
 

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
sahlakh said:
I'm from Finland as well, and I know a few other Finnish guys who visit this forum regurlary. ;)

And just to clear things up, the 1st of May (Vappu) is indeed a day to celebrate for the working class and for ALL students, not just for graduating engineers as you suggested.
hell, i was drunk and the engineers were the only ones i could see when i looked out of the window ;)

besides, they are the ones who act on it so... :)
 
Top