Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: piercing's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zarfen, Sep 13, 2006.

1. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

OT: piercing's

Since so many neat Ot's appeared recently, I thought I'd make one too. :cool:
    Anyway, I have considered to get a piercing lately, but I am honestly scared.
    What is it hurts really bad, or if it gets infected :undecided:
    Maybe there's some old indian guy with poison needles and a dirty knife involved :shocked: I'm so lost.
    So I wondered is anyone on this wacky forum have any experiences.
    :hide:

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Actually, they can only use poison needles if they have professional qualifications from the University of Jabalpur in the province of Madhya Pradesh.

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

A Public Service Announcement: Frostius was joking.

I had my ears pieced twice. I fainted the first time. Yes, they got infected. Yes, I wish I had never had it done.

So did my sister when a butterfly clip got stuck in her earlobe (the skin grew over it) and she wound up in A&E (ER) having it cut out.

Edit: If you wanted an honest response that is it. Along with "of course it will hurt, someone is sticking a needle through your skin." If you want nicey, calmy, cutesy ... you are asking the wrong person. Why not go the whole hog and do you belly button, nose, ears (all the way up) and ... parts I am fairly sure I can't mention on the forum (apparently it's quite ... ahem ... effective).

On a side note, at least you can take the piercings out, for crying out loud avoid a tatoo. My housemate has one; bad plan. Worst plan it's of his second wife's name. :rolleyes:

4. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

That sure calmed me down :rolleyes:
    I also googled for cool piercings, but that was a bummer :tongue:

5. Sir Dante

Sir Dante IncGamers Member

No it doesn't hurt. I had both my ears pierced and they used the gun. I left the studs in there for two months not even paying attention to them. It didn't hurt when they did it and I never even took em out to wash my ears. (I don't reccomend that however.) I have tatoos all over my fore arms where they say it hurts because of the bone and they didn't hurt either.

6. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

My girlfriend has her tummy pierced. Even years later it gets infected, and she said the intial piercing pain was bad enough if she had to do it over again, she wouldn't for that reason alone. On top of that, most adult guys I know find piercings pretty unattractive (I still love her :grin: ).

I assume you're a dude, since those are the odds, but that's my piercing story.

7. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

I got a tongue piercing soon after getting to college. It got infected, and my parents were ticked. My friends just laughed their ***** off at me.

8. FrostBurn

No, I was not joking. The City of Jabalpur in the province of Madhya Pradesh does have a university.

The University was renamed as Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya on 7.6.1983 by Act No. 23 of 1983 to honour the well known valorous Gond Queen of Garha Mandla.

By the way, nipple piercing ftw.

9. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

I've had my left ear piereced twice. The first time was about 15 years ago, and it was done with a gun. Didn't hurt a great deal, but did get infected.

About seven years ago, I had it re-done - this time with a 12 gauge needle. The experience was not very painful, incredibly sanitary, and it did not get infected - largely thanks to the fantastic after care instructions I received, along with the fact that they used a freshly sterlized surgical steel needle to perfom the piercing in the first place. My recommendation would be to find a good tatoo and body piercing place in your community (i.e., not the local jewerly store in your mall) and go in and talk with them about how they handle their equipment, how to take care of your piercings, etc. If you don't like their answers, don't use them.

Using the appropriate place with the appropriate safeguards and pre-cautions makes the experience far more enjoyable.

10. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

Both nipples + chain connecting them to the nose ring ftw.

11. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

12. FrostBurn

Sshhhhh! It's meant to be a secret. :sad:

Only true devotees who have meditated under The Banyan Tree for a period of no less than 25 hours per lunar cycle are worthy of this arcane institution.

13. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I have been accidentally pierced by lovely things such as sea urchins, cacti, and a couple of roofing staples - that's enough additional holes in my body for me, thank you.

But on the other hand, I once dated a girl with a pierced tongue... every claim you've ever heard about it is probably true. :wink:

14. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Clicky :shocked:

15. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

I was thinking of a lip piercing, so sorry to all you with higher hopes ;)
    And yes i am a boy. There is probqably onlöy one real place I could go to, or maybe two, but the other lies in a dark dirty street and looks like a little hole :p

16. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Piercing is not for me:shocked:
    Couple years back I chose tatoo instead of piercing just becouse it looked more stylish and less painfull.:wink3: I also cant imagine a pain it couses if removed with flesh inadvertently:scared:

17. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Piercing? Yuck :upset:

Girls with pierced tongue? :upset: :upset:
    *runs away screaming*

18. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Fhat's frong fith foungue fiercings?

19. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Cutting off your head and start hitting people with it might be a little extreme though. :laugh:

20. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

got 2 in each ear, and both my nipples done.. nipples hurt like mad....

..especially when one got ripped out....

........ and then i got it redone <--- idiot. most girls find it pretty hot though, so hey, no pain no gain.