Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Official weightloss post, milestone reached!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Toliphar, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

OT: Official weightloss post, milestone reached!

Today was a nervous day. Heck, I knew I had lost some more weight, but how much would it be? In short, I've reached one of the major goals on my road to swim-suit-wearing-Toli, today I weighed in at 99kg! I'm NO longer a member of the 3-figure people walking this earth!

99kg (218 lbs) means I've lost 2/5 of my old weight, a grand total of 66 kg (145 lbs). It won't be long before I arrive at the final destination I took aim at 13 months ago. Am I happy? :howdy: I will, if everything goes as planned, be posting a self-pat for the last time in about 6 weeks. Since this milestone was the very major goal I'd like to say thank you for putting up with me and my self-patting and also a very BIG thank you to all of you out there who has given me cudos for my achievment and cheared me on, your support means more than you think. Thank you! :thanks:

And, to end this post, I'd like to call out my one year old battle cry....

EAT BROCCOLI!!!

2. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

GJ

What I'd love to hear is how D2Exp helped (or hindered for that matter) your quest.

3. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Congratulations, Toli! That's quite a remarkable accomplishment. You should be quite proud of yourself!

4. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

Congratulations Toli, the weight you've lost is greater than my total weight. That's like me falling off your back. :eek:

5. repoarto

repoarto IncGamers Member

Graz toli :)

Im working my 10 kg, im now 86kg about and need to get in 72-76 kg, like just after army. After army i shouted: i dont move a muscle if someone isnt kicking my but... and nobody came.. hehe.. so i got some weight over some years.. This spring and summer its going to go away :)

Like you said its all about attitude (and broccoli) hehe

-Arto-

6. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

wtg TOLI.......... now that is a great accomplishment...

Fight 4 your right 2 eat BROCCOLI !!!!!!!!!!!

7. BofW

BofW IncGamers Member

That is excellent news indeed Toli.
    Congratulations on sticking to your conviction.

I am curious though... what have you noticed along the way?
    Things that surprised you or that you did not expect?

8. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Way to go, Toli!

9. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Very nice, Toli! congrats.

Any advice for others who are trying to lose? Thanks!

10. DFA-FrstbyteOO

DFA-FrstbyteOO IncGamers Member

Job well done Toli! It shows a lot of determination and self dicipline to accomplish such a feat! you are a strong man indeed. Best of luck (although I doubt you will need any of it) getting down to your final goal! Im sure you will make it :D

11. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Congratulations! Very impressive. I admire your will power and determination.

TM

12. Toliphar

Basically, I stopped playing like a nutball and started losing weight.

@BofW: I know I'm no longer a fat arse wobbling around, but I haven't quite realised it yet. I may be less of a walking safety deposit in my mind, but my self image is still based on a huge person. I haven't quite grasped the fact that women, in general, suddenly are interrested in me. I've had friends telling me; Hey, that long legged thing over there made a pass at you, didn't you see? And I go; Uh... Huh?

A somewhat frightening thing that I've noticed is how quite alot of people around me seem to be jealous and, from what it appears, they see me as a threat. I suppose it has to do with some form of inferiority complex? *shrugs* I don't know...

Something very positive I've noticed is that people seem to take me alot more serious, they listen to what I say and it appears to me as if they see me as a person to count on.

This is some of the things I've noticed.

@ others: Thanks! I've got one thing to say to y'all: WOOOHOOOO!! :flip:

13. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I'm very happy for you Toli. It's been great reading about your amazing accomplishments! Mmmm.

MmmmMMMmm

MMmmm... BROCCOLI

I luuuuuuuuv it!

*doing the official broccoli dance*

PS: My new food fetish is carrots. But it's probably because they are so easy to eat. Right out of the bag, so to speak...

14. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

I've been wondering about that since I read your post a while back. How your friends who've known you before and after were treating you.

I still have to say that it's awesome that you've done that. A friend of mine was very large as a kid, got sent off to camps and whatnot then became a health freak. He still sees himself as the kid getting teased and picked on.

I'm sure it's hard to get over, but at least you are starting to realize it. He's 28 and has been going through that for 15 years now. Everything is about self image now a days, I think your health motive is the best of all.

Again, congrats and don't start yanking all the females just right yet :lol:

15. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Again, congrats and don't start yanking all the females just right yet :lol:[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! That is a lot of weight to take off, and doing it over a longer period of time (13 months) is certainly the wise way to go about it. Congratulations on a truly life changing accomplishment.

Go forth and grab chickies... MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!! :clap:

EDIT: So how much have you had to spend in new clothes over the last year? :)

16. Toliphar

I've been very fortunate in my size-shrinking. The larger portion of the size change came during summer and during summer it's shorts time, even here in Sweden. One of the really good things about shorts is that it doesn't matter all that much if they are two or four sizes too big, they just get that hang-lose fit. But even so, I've spent atleast $1000 on clothes alone, that's more than I spent during a five year period before. 'heh'

17. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

wow, $1000, the us version? that's crazy. but seriously- well done Toli... you deserve all the self-pats, and then some. :clap:

18. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

Congrats Toli, that is a fantastic milestone!

Dutch

19. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Now this I would like to see .... "Official Broccoli Dance" hehe ... cracks me up just trying to imagine it.

Toli, I have followed your weight loss reports for a long time now. Proud of you, man. You set yourself an extremely hard goal, but with strong will power and determination you have succeeded.

Well done.

Regards
    Syxx

20. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

So Toli, will you finally change your avatar now that you have broken out of your "prison"/body? (If I'm not mistaken you work/have worked there also, so "prison" indeed?)

That guy gives me the creeps ;)

/Magnus