Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Nothing wrong with a little "friendly" competition d

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by friedbananazzzz, May 15, 2008.

1. friedbananazzzz

friedbananazzzz IncGamers Member

OT: Nothing wrong with a little "friendly" competition

I was bored, and it took me a while to go through everybody's profile, so I don't even remember want inspired this nonsense (it was only 10-15 minutes ago too) :rolleyes:

But let's face it, it's Liq. And this just seemed like a challenge to me:
    It also screamed mafia. :laugh:

So I've decided to steal his friends. He did promise me his first born, but I think I can do better. Starting with his entire friend list (my apologies to the very few who I'm not actually familiar with, I assume you're not SPFers; though I also suppose that means they won't even be reading this...) He also gave me aman... I'm not sure how that works... Is aman Liq's first born???!?!??? ANYWAY,

So add me as a friend too. Or better yet, add me instead. Let the fun begin!

Why is there no tongue-in-cheek smilie? :rolleyes: :laugh:

2. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Re: OT: Nothing wrong with a little "friendly" competition

So now its friends stealing friends from friends? And all for a little plus sign, I like it

3. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

I'm gonna go write a perl script to collect friends, once this exam is over.

The challenge is on :)

4. Heskla

Heskla IncGamers Member

I'm already your friend. Ask a mod to change your name to FriendBonanzazzzz

5. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

added although i have no idea what the friends function is for.. is it some sort of pseudo-facebook/friendster/myspace?

6. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I don't even know where the friends function is, although I haven't been around here much lately. Mostly lurking now.

But I think it is just like a facebook thing (to which I finally... joined,) so I'm not exactly tempted to join another one. :rolleyes:

Oh god, I just saw... Elly, Rush! Change it back! And this site used to be a simple D2 site. [/memories]

Meh, added you so I can have 1 friend instead of none. :jig: Good luck with your competition.

Wow, you have a lot of catching up to do man. I've thrown an ad in for ya. Best of luck (and fun :rolleyes:) with your competition.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  7. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

L_E has 51 friends. Wow.

8. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

OMG! You can't see anymore who visited your site!!! Or is it just me???
    Anyways, if anyone want to compete against Liq, just call on me :grin:

9. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Nope, that feature has been removed. For the moment. And unless there's another way to figure it out.

10. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

wow, have to rant.

I'm absolutely against any of these "friend-lists" and stuff like that. I just see no use for them, for me they are a waste of forum space. Got a friend request from Liq (looked his profile before I knew, it will end up getting a request) and I haven't accepted or declined. This is not an offense against you Liq, it's offense against the whole "friend-list" -idea.

Maybe I'm just too scared. Once logged to Myspace, first week got me like 25-50 friend request from people I've never heard. Too much spam for my liking. But you collectors, keep on going. There's nothing better than comparing virtual penises :wink3:

[/rant]

11. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Ah - I see, but ... come on, you can openly admit it: You mods only don't want us to know whom you have been stalking, right?:hide:

12. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Neskja - I agree with ya, but I find the thought of a D2 'friendly' competition between Liq and Fried a pretty humourous idea.

I still think the friends idea should remain on facebook, and not become a part of the forums, but hey, I'm happy to not bother with it. I'm just a Fried Friendz Fan. (Healthy competitive fun :wink3:) But yeah, I agree it's not really a D2 SPF community thing, as most people here know who us long termers are, and the SPF is a pretty close-nit community.

Edit: Also, the 'friend' community things like Facebook are intended as contacting people you might've lost touch with, or went to school with, or just managing a friend list. They are intended for the worldwide population. Myspace is just weird though.
    Having a friend list on this forum, where the friends is limited to D2 members is a pretty small group compared to the intended users of Facebook.

@Thy below - That made me laugh, just from imagining it. :) Maybe things best left unknown, ey.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  13. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Actually ... you're spot on. :smiley:

Although I have to confess to the WTF moments when looking at who has been stalking me. I have NO idea who some of these guys are. Freaky.

14. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

We've always had a number for referals (I know b/c I had one and I had no idea whom it might be from; I might even have old screen shots around here some where.) So why is the friend thing an issue now?

15. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Thyiad - you can't be surprised by random people visiting your profile, it's because your green username lures them to click on it...

About the friends list idea, I think it's ok, but I refuse to give my friendship to just anyone, I'd like to have couple of real friends like in RL, not 100 people I barely know. And since I don't know Liquid_Evil that much, I refused his friendship, please L_E, don't have any hard feelings for that.

16. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ W_M - that was a semi-joke. You can still see what someone is doing *right now* but the list of people who had visited your profile was new and was a bit of an issue. For example, if the list showed up half a dozen Mods reccying your profile, wouldn't you worry? Actually bad example, you wouldn't need to but ... if we're stalking someone who we are pretty sure is going to post "bewbz-r-us".com, they aren't going to do it with us behind them. Also if something has been posted in the Mod Forum about someone, having six Mods viewing their profile is a bit obvious. :grin:

@ Hrus - he'll PK you ... :tongue:

17. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I like the friends thing maybe its just for the + sign dont know but it could also be useful