Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: New Gaming Frontiers?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by sohcan, Mar 10, 2004.

1. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

OT: New Gaming Frontiers?

I know for myself my D2 days are numbered, I am quickly losing interest in the game. However this is pretty much natural with any game at some point. I have heard people now and then discussing which games they are playing or looking forward to playing.

Out of curiosity I was wondering what game worlds are people looking to enter/conquer/pwn in/be pwned in next? ;)

The only ones that have really caught my eye lately are WoW, Blizzard creating a MMORPG, and Guildwars, more Blizzard folk, technically ex-Blizzard I suppose. I also noticed that WorldofWar.net site uses the same forums, which is ultra-handy due to not needing to register! Woot!

Anyone else spot anything worthy of some quality gaming time on the horizon?

2. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

wow. I think it will be my first pay to play game.

3. p-ball

p-ball Banned

after having played this one i would recommend it when it comes out later this year. :)

4. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

I'm looking forward to halflife (counterstrike) 2. That game seems the bomb. I'll have to pay to play too though :( PC Requirements are so steep, I'll have to get a new PC.

I'm also going to use this as a chance to promote a game I'm thinking of cooperating in atm, Arkhart. It's an open source RPG, and I'm gonna be translating the manual and game dialogues in Dutch. Nothing big, but it's all about helping each other. I'm more in it for the filosophy than the game though, because I'll know the plot of the game before it comes out...

There's also a game I've seen at a friends house, that looked very nice. It's a MMO space game. Build your spaceship, train your skills, get stuff, kill people,... Ah, I can stop whining because I remembered the name :D. It's called Eve Online. It's pay to play though, and that's the only reason I'm not playing it...

5. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

I'm looking forward to building a machine solely for Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Fun fun.

WoW should hold me over till then, but I'm just getting back into D2, that'll be another 3 or 4 months at least.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

GuildWars will, like D2, be free to play online, so that's a great plus! It's going to be pretty damned good I tellye! Let's just hope they can keep with the scheduel!

7. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

I was poking around the guildwars site and I was highly impressed. The no-fee to play aspect definitely made it even more appealing, and I will definitely keep my eye on that game. Plus a few comments from people about it made me think it will be worth my gaming time/dollars. I think it was Rah who basically said it would "be teh secks!" Heheh yeah I took a tad of a liberty when I paraphrased him there, I don't think I have ever seen Rah use "teh" or "secks" even though he probably should. ;)

8. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

GW will be and is teh secks!!! (there you go Sohcan).

9. Kev_Dawg5150

Kev_Dawg5150 IncGamers Member

Remotely along the lines of Half-Life, you should try playing Team Fortress Classic (a mod for Half-Life). The server list is surprisingly effective, even though the number of servers never seems to get far above 200 (no sifting through 2000 games on counter-strike, most of which don't do anything to begin with). Oh, and there's strategy involved! (something incredibly lacking in most first-person-shooters).

10. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

tfc doest ave eg vfap t p

11. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Beyond Divinity -- not an online game, but if it's half as good as Divine Divinity was, it should be worth the time.

And, as already mentioned, DOOM 3 :flip:

12. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I think that Guildwars will be where it's at. The alpha testing is looking more rockin' each day. Or we can go back to online checkers.

13. NinjaTurtleRocky

NinjaTurtleRocky IncGamers Member

Sacred is already out in Germany and will be here soon...it's a lot like Diabo 2 in many ways....might wanna check out the demo your can google it cuz i dont know the adress sorry guys...check it out tho!

14. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

I have already reserved a copy of Sacred for myself & my kids. It is supposed to be a Diabloii clone having the ease of movement and point and click abilities of Dii and an economy similar with runes, gems and different types of equipment. The one very interesting aspect of the game is the ability to utilize various skills to enhance other skills and their attacks.
    One other little item - the online portion is supposed to be free. You will not have the ability to create passworded games but you can select whether or not to allow PKing in the game you create.
    I hope it is as good as advertised.
    One other game I am looking forward to late in the summer is Vampire:Bloodlines.

By the way, Sacred is due out March 24, 2004. That's a week if I am reading the callendar right.