Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT Neverwinter Nights

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wigglygecko, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Wigglygecko

Wigglygecko IncGamers Member

OT Neverwinter Nights

I recently bought Neverwinter Nights Gold Edition.And I must say its quite addicting.though i tried playing it on multiplayer and found everyone was hacked :rant:

I was wondering if anyone else on the forum played it and if they do how do they feel about it.

2. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Excellent game! :clap:

The original quest has a very gripping plot. I'm about to finish the expansion again with my archery druid.

3. Wigglygecko

Original quest is very good ^^

Right now im Playin a 2 weapon human fighter,fixen to get last waterdavian thingy.Also Got a Half-orc barb to the act where lady aribeth turns evil

4. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Eh, general consenus is that the orginal quest is... well crap for lack of a better term. On the first play through I found it adequate.

Haven't seen much reason to buy either expansion.

Oh, and the chrs probably aren't hacked... you can make your own equipment in NWN.

5. Wigglygecko

hehe when your lvl 3 and doing 2500 damage with a sword with about 200 mods on it,i think its a lil hacked :lol:

6. boogied6

boogied6 IncGamers Member

thanks for having spoilers genius next time try not to ruin the it for the rest of us

7. BeatMaster

BeatMaster IncGamers Member

You guys should try the new expansion: Hordes of the Underdark.
    Great story, plus your character can get to lvl. 40. (If you play long enough).

I´m going online at my home tomorrow, so I´ll probably begin playing on some of the roleplaying servers that are around. Maybe we could meet in a game sometime?

Cheers.

-BeatMaster

8. Brass_Monkey

Brass_Monkey IncGamers Member

I own it but it lags a LOT on my comp. :rant: Practically impossible to play, which is why I'm back to D2 now actually. But yeah, my friend has HotU, and he's something like level 28, and he's only had the game for 3 months. After playing PnP D&D, that seems ridiculous to me. Hell, one guy I know was talking about how he got a character to level 18 in TWO YEARS (and that seemed really fast :lol: ). It's a good game, just a bit.. er.. let's say.. traditional-rpg-player friendly? I can't see anyone playing a video game where it takes several months to get to level 6 or 7, so maybe that's why.
    </Monkey>

9. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Maybe you got to see it in perspective, Usually when playing d&d (at least that's how it usually goes in holland) You play a party say.. one evening in the week.
    Most are students or have to work or other social activities so lets say you play from 7.30-11.30
    By the time everyone has arrived, finished talking about work school etc etc and you (or the dm in case you are a player) is ready to begin it is at least 8.00.
    Then during the game there is the inevitable talk (or nonsense whatever u want) and joking, then there are the inevitable rules-questions, xp-discussions, loot-sharing, what-shall-i-take-next-lvl, is it morally ok to bash the innkeeper questions and that kind of thing. lets say that takes an hour (and i think i'm very positive here)
    All in all you are really playing maybe 2-2:15 hours before ppl start about thinking to take the train going back to their wife etc

Now if u go play a computer game you won't have to deal with 9/10 issues above. So get a good day of playing in or a few hours a day during a whole week and you can cover as much real playing time as in months of real d&d

Wow what a story, anywayz not that i disagree as in most computer rpg's u lvl up much too fast and or easy imo but still, maybe it helps a bit to even things out. Besides that comes the part that i personally didn;t really like the game, mostly bacause you cannot have a whole party but only one char, that just doesn't feel right to me when playing a d&d based game :)

all of this just my .02 ct's of course ;)

10. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

me and a bunch of friends were about to start playing that in tcp/ip games (if NWN has it that is) except i keep holding them back because i need to upgrade my computer a little (a lot) first, so im not dropping every 20 seconds

11. Brass_Monkey

True, true, that's definitely a big part of it. That's pretty much how it goes here, too, and I wouldn't change it for the world. :D Everyone getting together and joking around is an important part, and something you tend to miss playing online with strangers.
    </Monkey>

12. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

NWN is definately fun. If you don't play a monk that is. They destroy all. High lvl spellcasters too.

HotU is fun but you can't get past lvl 27/28 without playing online or in mods. I guess that's what they intended. I want to get my shifter/monk to be able to use Dragon form.

13. BeornWolf

BeornWolf IncGamers Member

Il have to come out of my lurking shell for this one ;)

Hordes of the Underdark is amazing. Bioware has really improved their writting and scripting since the original release. I strongly reccomend it to anyone who is a D&D fan. Many of the fan made mods are far superior to the official stuff aswell, so there is countless hours of replayability.

*enters lurk mode*

14. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

so i also just bought the NWN Gold Edition. i now have a lvl 5 dwarven Ranger ( :lol: ). i'm wondering if i should go ahead and buy the HotU expansion pack right away, or does it not really make any difference in the game until you are either 1) very high level or 2) finished with the quests from the Gold Edition?

also, what type of char is best for the first time through? my Dwarf Ranger is having a really hard time killing... the halfling thief mercenary i hired hits more often and does double the damage of my char. that doesn't seem right to me. :scratch: the game is tons of fun though!

15. Brass_Monkey

I'd say the abolute easiest character to go through with would be either a human fighter or a half-orc barbarian, with probably the fighter being more newbie friendly. Both classes are durable, simple to use, and pack quite a punch. If you list your Dwarf Ranger's stats and some of his equipment I can give you some more advice, and there are probably other people who can too. :)
    </Monkey>

16. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I have played and it is very addictive! I have played through about half the main quest and the entire first expansion. I haven't bought the second expansion yet, but I will soon. My gaming money was just spent on Knights of the Old Republic. Can't wait to try that.

NWN wouldn't run on my old computer until I found a fix. By that time I was well hooked, again, on D2. I wish I could finish the main quests, but D2 keeps calling me back, and I could never keep playing long enough to get through!

Morrowind is another game everybody here should try. I have been playing that on and off lately. See the conversation in the EMB... (not the Spanish one)

17. King Nothing

King Nothing IncGamers Member

I personally love Neverwinter Nights, and I'm probably about halfway through the official campaign with my elven monk. I just don't get to play it very much right now because I'm into the last two weeks of classes and I have finals coming up after that. I also want to get the expansions as soon as I can afford them, high level monks are so much fun.

18. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

you asked for it... these are my base stats followed by the points i added on character creation (I think)

strength = 14/2
    Dex = 18/4
    Cons = 15/2
    Int = 10/0
    Wis = 13/1
    Char = 8/-1 :)D)

my skills have all gone equally into Animal Empathy, Concetration, Heal, and Hide, thought i'm not sure why... they were the "Reccomended" skills.

i chose the Ranger cause i liked the idea of dual-wielding (all of my barbs in D2 are frenzy barbs) and i went with a dwarf cause they can add to fighter skills with no penalty. right now i'm using a longsword +1 and a sickle +1 as weapons. i'm wearing leather armor +1 cause then there are no costs to dual-weilding. i've also got boots of reflexes +3, a cloak of fortification +1, and bracers of dexterity +1. i do very low damage (4-8 average i would guess) and i'm always getting hit for massive damage by stronger enemies. thanks for any advice!

19. Brass_Monkey

With a high dex like that, I'd recommend taking weapon finesse for hand to hand, and if you can get your hands on some decent finessable weapons (+1 rapiers, +1 dagger?). Don't forget a bow, you can branch out and get some bow feats like Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, that might work well too. I've never played a Ranger personally, but since you're a Dwarf, multiclassing with Fighter is definitely a good idea for the extra feats, and Rangers don't gain much at the higher class levels anyway. Hopefully there are some more Ranger players here who can give some more input.
    </Monkey>