Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Need a Little Technical Help... Again :P

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lord_Vega, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

OT: Need a Little Technical Help... Again :p

Well, I went ahead and got my furry, greedy lil' paws on the new Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, installed it, and when I try running it I get this message:

Your videocard « NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X » is not supported.
    Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
    Your videocard pixel shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements.
    Your videocard vertex shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements

Now I sure as hell know my GeForce is more than enough to run this, but what is the problem? My drivers are about 3 month old too, so it can't be it either...

When I run the game anyway, even the menu is all while and strange, barely being able to see a thing, surely not being able to play.

Any insights?

2. csarmi

csarmi Banned

Join the club!

Your videocard « NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro » is not supported.
    Your videocard does not support some required features ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ).
    Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
    Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_STREAMS_2 ).
    Your videocard pixel shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements.
    Your videocard vertex shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements.
    Your videocard does not support some required features ( D3DFMT_R5G6B5 ).

Though my videocard must be 2 years old, it's still a shame.

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Vega, have you tried the official web page for patches or support? That's usually the first thing I try. If that doesn't work I send an email to technical support and so far my problems have always ended there. :)

Oh, and I haven't hijacked a thread in about... :scratch: ...well, since I last posted anyway, so... Have you finished the Max Payne you were playing yet? And which one was it? Part 1 or 2? How did you like it?

4. Lord_Vega

Thanks for the advice Fishy, but do you really think that would work with a burned copy of the game? Not sure sure about that here, as they would probably request you to register first, before getting and tech support.

The game I was playing lately was Max Payne II, which totally blew my mind! Such amazing gameplay, effects and storyline! Has to be one of the most entertaining games I've ever played, and the really beautiful thing was that in contradiction to other sequels, this one wasn't at all less good than the first one, even better, if I may say so myself. A little short, but a blast!
    Before getting this one I even played the first part all over again, to a great enjoyment, even after all these years! Rockstar have really surpassed everybody else with these titles :)

I saw the PoP at a friend's house and it looked very interesting, kind of reminding me of the very first Soul Reaver, with all the puzzles. Thought this one would allow me a break from D2, but it seems someone up there forces me to go back to D2 :p

Edit: I guess I have the answer right here, as this is what I found at tech support:

Question

What are the minimum requirements for playing Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time ?

Answer

Operating System: Windows 98 SE/ 2000/ ME/ XP (ONLY)
    Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon
    Memory: 256 MB of RAM
    Video Card: 64 MB GeForce 3 or higher, or ATI Radeon 8500 or higher, Matrox Parhelia. (GeForce4 MX not supported)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or higher compatible sound card
    DirectX: Versions 9.0 or higher (included on game disc)
    Hard Drive Space: 1.5 GB minimum hard drive space
    CD-ROM: 16X or better (not recommended for use with CD-RWs)
    Additional Supported Peripherals: ThrustMaster FIRESTORM Dual Analog 3 (Quick Install included on game disc)

Just my luck... the older GF3 works great, but my new GF4 MX is not supported... bah...

5. csarmi

csarmi Banned

I haven't even seen it for it does not work. I played prince1 and prince2, those were amazing games. I cannot understand why they put so high video requirements. This game was never about what you view, it was about thinking and skill. :-(

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

No, probably not. It didn't occur to me that you'd burn games... :teeth:

Hehe, same here. :) I played the first one again, too. But I think I like the first part a bit better. Though the second part is still a great game, much unlike a lot of other sequels. Great story, voice acting, atmosphere and all that. I didn't like Vlad being the evil guy, though... I liked him in part one. (And I found it a little strange how different some of these people looked now. I wouldn't have recognized most of them... :lol: )

It's refreshing to play an absorbing game like this one after all the D2 I played of late. In a way, I like games with a deep storyline better. You can't play them for as long as you games like D2 where you can try hundreds of different things, but the experience is quite different.

Come to think of it, I think I'll have to dig up all those other great games with awesome storylines again, just for old times' sake... :teeth:

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Try different driver, the best is Omega driver, you can find it at http://www.omegacorner.com

8. Lord_Vega

Hmm... do you really think that if the company clearly says that my video card is not supported, a different set of drivers would work?

9. Starving Poet

Starving Poet Member

I've got a Geforce mx 440 myself and these cards are purty old. There is a problem in the architecture and thus they have horrible speed slowdowns. Also they aren't AGP 8x compatible, they say they are but then they try funny things happen. That is the reason why these cards are so cheap / come as standard equipment from most computer companies.

10. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

You can blame nVidia for that. The GeForce4 MX is really just a speed-bumped GeForce2, and therefore doesn't include native support for DirectX 8 stuff like pixel and vertex shaders--hence your problem.

Sometimes, you DO get exactly what you pay for... :)

11. Lord_Vega

Got it, chief. No PoP for me, just endless D2D2D2D2D2D2D2D2 :xmad: