Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Naruto!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by LuckyDwarf, Apr 9, 2005.

1. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

OT: Naruto!

Naruto is sweeping the nation! Not the USA nation, but Japan! :) Naruto is a very good anime series and so far 129 episodes have been released. It's a very good, and very funny, anime that deals with ninjas and the like. However, unlike DBZ, it doesn't get unfortunately corny during the fight scenes and such. The first 5-10 episodes start off slow, to set up the story, etc., but after that the show takes off. I suggest downloading this to anyone who likes anime. There is also a translated manga that has been released, and is further into the storyline than the anime series, but manga is boring, atleast for me.

Lucky

2. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

So that's what your 'tar is?

3. Fr0sts

Fr0sts IncGamers Member

naruto is a good anime series, i agree. his tar, is a guy from naruto whose name is itachi who is very powerful :p

4. LuckyDwarf

Yar, he's Itachi, Sasuke's brother who is not so nice. However, one thing I really like about this show is that the characters aren't token characters. There isn't just like.. a cool hero, a bad guy, etc. I happen to like a lot of the other ninjas, like Shikamaru and Chouji. It's an ensemble, rather than just a story about one guy. The development of each character in the show is done very well.

Lucky

5. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

How can you like chouji, he's just a glutton?
    But everything aside Gaara is the best, I mean come on who else talks to themself but me?

6. LuckyDwarf

I like the relationship Chouji and Shikamaru share. He isn't just a glutton, Chouji just doesn't believe in himself, because he was the reciever of negative behavior for far too long. Shikamaru helps him realize his potential and overcome his problems. Chouji is a kind-hearted kid who never had much of a chance in terms of popularity or recognition, sadly enough.

Lucky

7. HelzCaretaker

sheesh I was just joking...

8. LuckyDwarf

And I'm an idiot. >< I suppose I'm willing to defend this anime a little too much. ;)

Lucky

9. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

reminds of when i was hanging out with 2 of my good friends (who happen to be brothers). one of them is named nate, and the other is alex. anyway, alex and i were having a great time, and laughing alot.....mainly at nates expense. finally nate gets angry and gets up to say " CHRIST......you guys are like fricking children sometimes..........EWWWWW dragonball is on". (then he totally forgets we were even laughin at him....and procedes to watch dbz). which actually made me and alex laugh 50 times harder because we both found the show fairly childish and unamusing. awwwww good stuff!!!

CampKillYourself

10. LuckyDwarf

Hahaha, there was a time when I enjoyed DBZ.. but after the whole Freeza saga it was just downhill from there. I'm sure it was a combination of my age + the fact that it was getting crappier. Cowboy Bebop is my new favorite, hehe. Well, new as of 1.5 years ago.

Lucky

11. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

As bad as DBZ is it has nothing on DBGT in terms of suckage.

But oh well.

GUNDAMS PWNZ TEH ANIME WORLD~~

12. HelzCaretaker

Berserk anime is better, and Berserk manga is even better then the anime. BUT its real dark and very very bloody. I take Berserk over everything.

DBZ is 1 big joke imo: it has cheesy chars, stupid plot lines, fight scenes are interupted by 90% talking and drag out forever.

13. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

WooT! Naruto all the way. Cant wait to d/l the next manga once it comes out. itachi has to be my favourite char so far. Check out my avatar :D I cant wait to see how good naruto is after he has been training with Jiraiya. My freind mentioned that beserk was good, i must check it out some time.
    DBZ + Pokemon + digimon and all the other tacki cartoons all fall into the jap crap box. Apart from taht a lot of mangas are suprisingly good.

14. LuckyDwarf

While he looks cooler than most of the characters in the show I think my favorite has to be Kabuto or Kimimaro.

Lucky