Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: My PC fried up ...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oblivious, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious IncGamers Member

OT: My PC fried up ...

I had a major disk crash last night during a power shortage ( those things are often in Greece :( ) and my hard disk got fried. Needless to say among other things I lost my Diablo Characters and ATMA stashes. For a reason unknown to me my backups appear as corrupted, possibly because my USB Stick is a cheapo one. Therefore I am very sad to announce that I am forced to restart. I'll probably try the hardcore way now, since I've been longing to do this for some time. There's not going to be any MF runs for me again as I'll play untwinked and enjoy the game once more. I'll probably start with a Bowazon, a character which I was craving but I never thought I had adequate equipment for. Now I'll go untwinked ! The only thing I ask of the community is to point to some guide and to think up a name for her.

PS. My auction is now closed due to obvious reasons. I apologise to the bidders. Cat please close the thread so that noone bids anymore please.

-Oblivious-

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Yuck, that's a fate worse than death. My deepest commiserations. Were you using a surge protector? I use one for my setup. I don't know if it would do any good, but at least it's there.

As for naming your bowazon, how about the obvious?

Crash.

3. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Ack! That's a pain. Sorry for the loss. GL with HC.

If you make a lightning char, how bout the name Surge. Sorry if ya don't appreciate that humour, but :smiley:...
    As to your bowy, what type would she be?
    My old Strafer did quite well, but she couldn't beat hell baal.

4. Oblivious

Yeah I like the name. I'm using a UPS but it dind't work for the first and most fatal time. Damn my luck :sad:

5. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Nooooooooooooooooooo,my mang song lessonn!!!

6. icudodo

icudodo IncGamers Member

Sorry about the loss Oblivious. I always backup anything that's important to my gmail account and also on a usb drive in case anything like that happens. I hope you have a backup plan next time.

7. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Yeah, go make a lightning char, you should know by now that they're deadly!

And name her Disk Frier!

hopefully that might make you laugh at your loss...

8. Oblivious

Indeed it made me laugh ! Too bad Diablo won't accept spaces ! My next project ( if I ever finish the bowazon ) will be a lightning char in memory of those who were gone ... Any advice on what bowazon should I make ? Strafer , FA , MA , EA ? A hybrid ?

-Oblivious-

9. Llathias

Llathias Banned

For bowazon, go for a strafer but be prepared to make hundreds of runs for a decent bow. The strafe lock might pose a problem though, especially since you're new to HC.

For the lightning char, and I suggest either a trapsin or a pure lightning sorc here, name her Disk_Frier. You need something to make you smile every time you click the Single Player button and only see newly made HC characters!

10. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

I had a Strafer-Zon named QuiverSurge. Obviously, her name is a bit more meaningful to you... I offer my sincerest condolences. You can have that name if you want it too :p

If you want to make a pure lightning sorceress, ThunderShard is the only thing to name her. :p

11. FrostBurn

The default lightning sorc name is Bzzzzzzzttt.

12. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

Nope, that's how you name your Tesladin. :grin:

13. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Gosh, that's an Ouch for me. Oblivious, do you need any help? just pm me and i sent over some starter kit to you. (They are originally from Arreat_Mercenary, thank him for that, not me).

14. Oblivious

That's really kind of you, but I prefer to go all alone once more. No more trading that means, just to be sure I'm clean. Plus I'm playing untwinked now, so this wouldn't fit in anyway. Your gesture is very much appreciated though.

I started a Hybrid Boawzon which will utilise MA FA and Immo. I'll see where thi goes.

-Oblivious-

15. FrostBurn

Interesting. I'm saving FA for my Mavina's set amazon. I initially wanted to make it FA/Immo, but got dissuaded when it was highlighted that the 1 second timer makes it suck. I'd be interested in any updates you care to offer.

Btw, what did you name your bowazon?

16. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

fa/strafer :) or ma/strafer, go get a zephyr (ort eth) and gl with duriel with a untwinked bowazon ;)

17. Oblivious

Her name is Crash :azn: I'd be happy to report her progress if people find it interesting. I just haven't clarified some things about the build. It's probably going to be :

20 MA
    10 FA/Ice Arrow
    ? Immo/Exploding (don't really know ...)
    5 CS/Pierce
    3 Penetrate
    1 D/A/E

17 Valk
    5 Decoy

-Oblivious-

18. FrostBurn

:grin:

Bear in mind that I only have in-game experience with FA and Valkyrie. My comments on the other skills are based on reading these forums.

On the cold skills, you don't want Ice Arrow. It only adds extra freeze time, which is insignificant. For max FA damage, you want 20 FA and 20 CA.

On the fire skills, 20 Immo and 20 Exploding Arrow will give you max Immo damage. Fire Arrow only increases the pyre damage, which is insignificant. Immo also has a 1 second timer-delay.

Magic Arrow depends on a 'big damage bow' to do significant damage, and maxed Penetrate to have a good chance to hit. This conflicts with your elemental bow skills, which auto-hit and do not rely very much on AR.

A Javazon can get away with a slvl 17 Valk (or even no Valk), but I feel that a bowazon needs a maxed Valk. You're not doing massive damage on the lines of LF, so you need good tanks to keep you safe. It's less important if you go with the 20/20/20/20 in FA/CA/Exploding/Immo route (all elemental), where physical damage isn't an important factor.

But if you go with 20 MA 20 Penetrate, then you probably need more investment in dexterity to improve your damage (and AR as well). And with more dex, you have less life, which means you want a maxed Valk.

1 in Decoy is enough. She is spammable after all.

It's probably going to be tough combining an elemental bowazon with a physical bowazon. Physical bowies need CS, Pierce, Penetrate, a good Valk and a big bow. Elemental bowies need + skills, and heavy skill point investment in the elemental bow skills.

19. Llathias

Llathias Banned

I haven't heard a single positive thing about fire arrow skills, so be warned there.

If you could get your hands on a Witchwild String (WWS), which is available from NM Meph, you'll have a very solid weapon to deal physical dmg (re: strafe) and a free slvl 20 MA! If you decide to go that route, "Ceglaw's Pooncers" and a few cold dmg small charms will provide the safety you'll need.

As FrostBurn pointed out, depending on whether you'll go elemental or physical/MA; the level of penetrate, your dex and the bow you'll be using will show great variation.

20. Oblivious

The idea behind this build I was going for was to freeze them for an adequate time (hence 10 FA/Ice Arrow) cast an Immo and then spam MA while Valk/Decoy/Merc hold the monsters in place. I have no real guarrantee that I'll find a good physical bow so I'll have to make do without strafe. Then again I don;t reallly like the idea of both Immo and Freezing arrow. Bah I'll have to rebuild.

-Oblivious-