OT: Music

forbidenorc

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: Music

Well i was just wondering what kind of music u guys on the spf listen to.
I listen to almost anything but i prefer metal. A couple of bands im in to right now are:

1.lamb of god
2.iced earth
3.mudvayne
4.megadeth
5.dragonforce
and techno like Ferry Corsten and G-spott

atigdng

Diabloii.Net Member
forbidenorc said:
Well i was just wondering what kind of music u guys on the spf listen to.
I listen to almost anything but i prefer metal. A couple of bands im in to right now are:

1.lamb of god
2.iced earth
3.mudvayne
4.megadeth
5.dragonforce
and techno like Ferry Corsten and G-spott
Never heard of any of those.

I listen to lots of classical, soundtracks from movie's I like, and some country and popular music a little bit too. And chinese popular music.

Noodle

Wilco
Josh Ritter
Son Volt
Old 97's
Grand Champeen
Slobberbone
the Drams
Replacements
Willie Nile
Josh Rouse
Loose Fur
Two Cow Garage
Centromatic
Elephant Micah
Matthew Ryan

Y'know, stuff like that.

- Noodle

Dead_Body

Diabloii.Net Member
Eh... most of that stuff isn't very heavy metal.

I listen to:
Behemoth
Anaal Nathrakh
Vehemence
Satyricon
Decapitated

And many others =).

OpethAZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Just saw Gigantour last night, so that covered Megadeth and Lamb of God. Right now listening to Poisonblack, Opeth (always) and Dragonforce.

Fists of Legend

Diabloii.Net Member
As of now I listen to streaming radio while playing D2 or here on the forums. Other wise I listen to what ever is on at work. Just depends on which job I'm at. Classic rock at the sport shop, classic rock or country at the steakhouse and classic rock, hard rock, or metal when doing masonry.

The reason for so much classic rock is that it is the only station that comes in consistently in our area.:sad2: After 15 years of listening to it I'm ready for a change.

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member
Mainly a metal listener, but I'm also a big fan of flamenco guitar. My favourite bands of all time are Metallica and the Beatles. I don't want to name a list of bands that I like (it would be too long), but safe to say that if it was born and bred in the 80's or it was up and coming in the 90's, then I've listened to it and loved it.

FreakII

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm where to begin... I allways thought that the majority D2 players would listen to Metal..

In no particular order

In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Soilwork
The Haunted
At the gates
Sytyricon
EdGuy
Primal Fear
Sentenced
HammerFall
DeathStars

Meh it's going to take to long. anyway those are some of them.

Wraithan

Diabloii.Net Member
Children of Bodom and DragonForce are my 2 favorites right now... I saw DragonForce on monday and it was awesome... couldn't talk the next day really since I trashed my voice yelling at the concert but was way worth it.

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member
*me is quite happy there are a lot of metal listeners at these forums then wonders why not many responded to this thread*

Wraithan

Diabloii.Net Member
Well Lamb of God is a band I really don't enjoy... I have listened to them a couple times and found them lacking... then I saw them in concert and that sealed the deal, if you could understand one thing the singer said it would be better but at the show it was just unintelligable angry sounds.

Audio

Diabloii.Net Member
Some of my favorite artists/bands/composers:

X-Japan
Yoshiki Hayashi
BoA
Park Ji Yoon
Park Ki Young
Jay Chou
Yiruma
Namie Amuro
Nobuo Uematsu
Rachmaninoff
Tchaikovsky
Eric Claptop
Stephen Lynch
Elton John

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member
Wraithan said:
Well Lamb of God is a band I really don't enjoy... I have listened to them a couple times and found them lacking... then I saw them in concert and that sealed the deal, if you could understand one thing the singer said it would be better but at the show it was just unintelligable angry sounds.
An interesting analogy. I've not seen them live myself, but have seen concerts of theirs and I thought Randy's lyrics were quite crystal. A difference in metal ears, perhaps :wink3: ?

FreakII

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah psycho, metal is not for the avrage listner, you need an aquired taste. And to the people that think Metal lyrics are uninteligent, meh you don't know what you are talking about. Pop music is uninteligent, it's about love and thats it. Metal deals with a whole lot more than just love.

aidennz

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmmm well lets see..

Children of bodom
After Forever
Blind guardian
nightwish
Apocalyptica
Dark tranquility
Nirvana
2 pac
Eminem
Toshiro Masuda

Therion and Tristania sound promising but I need to listen to a bit more by them.

Yes I'm a little strange. :tongue:

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
in flames
foo fighters
doktor kosmos (not a very international band)
ah screw the list, most bands have at least a few ok songs, I like to mix my playlist up very very much :)

right now metal might be a little more than the others :)

edit: bands like, say cradle of filth, are a bit too much for me, and bands in the like with megadeath I never liked either (only got 1 megadeath album though)
Oh and both in flames and soilwork are swedish bands, and while in flames has a vidoe where they kick soilworks butt, soilwork has a similar video where they kick in flames' butt :)

Oh, and SPICE GIRLS: VIVA FOREVER FTW!!!!
*cough*I was once to a spice girls consert when I was younger*cough*