Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Music.

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by thejdawg2, Feb 9, 2004.

1. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

OT: Music.

What music does everyone like to listen to, whether playing Diablo or just hanging around with friends.

I personally like House sets when playing video games. I don't need to constantly alt_tabbing out to change to a new song. I also enjoy Drum and Bess/Jungle, Hip Hop and Rap (not the commercial stuff, so don't even try to debate about that), early/mid 90s AltRock, and funk/disco. Somewhat eclectic, but it all ties in together in a way.

What do you like?

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I'm trance/rave/jungle/house all the way here. I usually let some long trance sets play in the background or leave winamp on a radio station (www.digitallyimported.com is quite amazing) while playing D2.

3. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

when playin i like to listen to something with a good grove, i find myself listnen to instrumental stuff, rap instrumentals are cool as :p also jay z latest ( the black album ) and some punk/reggae all good :D

peace.

4. Norton

Norton IncGamers Member

hXc all the way.

Poison the well
    this day forward
    atreyu
    alexisonfire

Among a few of the many great bands of hXc. Listen to it while playing video games, while walking to school, playing diablo, etc.

5. nutrimat

nutrimat IncGamers Member

I like to listen to Fantasy Metal and Rock when playing D2. The whole hero(es)-out-to-save-the-world-from-the-evil-one(s) thingy fits Diablo so well, particularily Rhapsody (a symphonic metal band from Italy). I like a lot of mellow, classical, folk, alternative, experimental, and pop music too, but when playing it doesn't work as well for me. I've ripped most of my cd's to my comp, and put on a big playlist or two. I like MusicMatch Jukebox, but it always seems to make d2 crash, so I use Realplayer when playing games.

Cool D2 music:
    Blind Guardian
    Rhapsody
    Dragonland
    Freternia
    Ayreon
    Dark Moor
    Firewind
    Symphony X

6. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

harmonic rock, harmonic classical, triphop or symphonic rock.. I like to sway my mind when I'm playing.

7. nightc

nightc IncGamers Member

metal, variates quite alot, but mostly Illnath, Iced Earth, Dimmu Borgir, Helloween, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Children of Bodom, Dream Theater, Finntroll etc. Like the most metal, except for the dragon-theme sh*t, such as Rhapsody etc :p

8. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

Am I the only one willing to admit I like your average "commercial" music? I love top-40 stuff. Rock, pop, rap, it doesn't matter. I love it all. My favorite genre is 70's rock though. Oldies are great too. But then again so is 80's, 90's, and today. I'm pretty easy when it comes to music. Sure I don't know a lot of underground bands that nobody's heard of because they're not mainstream, but I do have quite a wide range of musical tastes. I mean, on my Winamp MP3 playlist, one song might be a Broadway showtune or Disney movie song, and the next might be Guns n' Roses or Cypress Hill. If it sounds good, I'll listen to it!

9. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Mostly listen to dark wave music. Raison d'être and recently discovered Sophia :)

10. Cario

Cario IncGamers Member

The only music to your ears should be little Larisa's sweet giggle while playing with the ducklings.
    It's like me cranking up the volume of the TV to listen to news or the gluttoral sounds of late night adult entertainment...

For your battle of the band competition I propose:

The LED

Enjoy,
    Cario

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

too typical, but i like nasty rock when i geek out on games:

godsmack (all 3)
    korn (all)
    limp (1st only)
    slipknot (1st only)
    mudvayne