Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ot: LOST

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RssDiablo, Jun 1, 2008.

1. RssDiablo

RssDiablo IncGamers Member

ot: LOST

Anyone here watch Lost?

If so what'd you think of the season finale?

There are a couple of things I'm extremely confused about and excited for next season so just wanted to see if anyone wanted to talk about it.

rss

2. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Re: ot: LOST

Yeah i've watched every episode so far.Even though some people say that it has gone boring and that the first season was the best i think all the seasons have been pretty good and exciting.
    The season finale for me(due to how we could see the future) was predictable until the Locke's body in the coffin what was a surprise for me...

3. Morathi

Morathi IncGamers Member

Ahhhhh dont talk about it.

We are getting the finale here in Australia next Thursday, please dont mention anything about it.

But yeh i love it, have watched almost every episode so far, but yeh finale next week so shhhhhhhhh.

4. RssDiablo

Sorry for spoilers, morathi Read No Further!

Yeah Locke was a surprise. When have they ever called him benthom?

One thing i found wierd was when the freightor exploded. Wasn't every onboard supposed to have died (including Jin)? Cause a few episodes back, the one where Sun gave birth in a flashforward, wasnt Jin alive as well, buying that Panda bear.

gaaaaah, need answers.

5. Insane Wayne

Insane Wayne IncGamers Member

That episode was tricky, because Jin's half was a flashback, and Sun's was a flashforward.

6. RssDiablo

D'oh!

How do you think Locke's body came back?

7. Ray Patean

Ray Patean IncGamers Member

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locke had to use another name (in this case, Jeremy Bentham) because John Locke is officially dead. He couldn't risk using his real name, or else MANY questions would be raised about him/the island/the Oceanic Six/etc.

8. RssDiablo

o yeah, forgot about the whole lying thing.
    Bentham body = 3 years after oceanic six right?

But why would his body just turn up all the sudden. I doubt the others would take the time to mail it, or did i miss something?
    also if he's dead, who do you think is leading the others.

9. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Still some spoilers!!

I believe you're correct about the timeline (but to me Aaron looks older than 3). As for "Jeremy Bentham"'s body, it certainly wasn't mailed back. Most of the Oceanic 6 stated they had talked with him within a month's time, so he was alive and well for a while. But it does pose the question you asked before: who's now the leader of the Others? But more importantly, WHY has "Jeremy" left the island?

Other things to think about: Charlotte eluded to, and Miles hinted to, the fact that she was born on the island. So is she an Other? Or was her family a part of the Dharma group? Was she also conceived there?? Something I'm guessing is that since they were the only non-Others left on the island, along with Sawyer and the now Lostie Juliet, THEY'RE the ones who have messed with the Others and made things turn out so horrible like Jack says.

But something else to consider. The freigher blew, but that doesn't mean everyone's dead. The island moved... but it may not have moved far. There may be some survivors who made it back. And truthfully, I'd hate to see Faraday be dead since, besides Ben, he seems to be the only other person capable of explaining the implications and ramifications to time travel (BTW, what was the training video saying about an effect? Kizmir? I can't remember what he said... I'll have to check it out sometime tomorrow)

All in all, it was a decent season. Short, but good. And by the by, anyone go to the website that was advertised on the last commercial break? I'll have to check that out, too. ...Everyone DID catch it, right? Get your TiVos warmed up...!

edit: I forgot to mention something else. Jack's father had died in Sydney, but keeps appearing on the island. Is he alive? Hard to say exactly. Maybe it has something to do with the time flux between the island and the rest of the world. But keeping that in mind, "Bentham" may be dead on the mainland... but maybe he's still on the island somewhere at the same time? He might not be totally gone. Just a thought. ^_^

10. Morathi

Morathi IncGamers Member

Just finished watching it here in Australia (it was aired just then on TV).

I found it a very exciting episode, the explosion, the island moving, the rescuing and especially Locke's body in the coffin at the end.

I am very much looking forward for next seasons....:thumbsup:.

11. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Best show ever, but I can see why some people don't have the patience to stick with a story for six seasons. I would think that wouldn't be a problem for DII players however. :)

Loved the finale. Good to see Desmond finally reunited with Penny. It will be very interesting what comes of Ben's threat to Widmore. Something tells me Desmond won't just sit there and let it happen.

I must say I feel sorry for Juliet - she missed her chance to get off the Island, after being prevented by a scheming Ben for 2 1/2 years, and then Locke who was being manipulated by Ben. She just wants to see her sister for crying out loud.

We finally found just how much Ben really cares for anyone else - he doesn't, unless he views them as his own personal possession like Alex and Juliet. He cares more for "The Island" than he does for any other human being.

Sawyer continued to prove there is actually a decent human being underneath the rough exterior, besides having all the best one-liners. We'd better be seeing plenty more of him.

I'm also loving off-Island Sun - I think Ben, Widmore, and her father had all better watch out. How cool is it to see her crashing their little macho-game?

I can't wait until Feb next year.