Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Kingdom of Loathing - need char choosing guide

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by salvo, Sep 12, 2006.

1. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

OT: Kingdom of Loathing - need char choosing guide

For those haven't know yet kingdomofloathing.com is a funny free online RPG game, it worth a try.
    I've just started to join the fun and picked up Sauceror class because based on experience with D2 caster, they are the most item independent char class. After venturing for somewhile I start to doubt if I've chosen the right class. I tried the forum but I can't find any info about character classess. I'm sure some of us also participate on this game, may I ask for your advices for char choosing? Any other tips will be also appreciated but no spoilers please :smiles:

-salvo

2. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

They're all fun to play. Once you defeat the final enemy you get a chance to be reborn in any of the classes, so if you stick with the game you'll be able to see it all.

Send a message to Durf in the game and say hi!

3. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Kingdom of Loathing !
    I have two accounts.
    1. Sint (#431987)
    My HCOxi character. This guy goes trough the game without any aid of food, drinks or gear he found in previous ascensions.
    2. nikoLaas (#744659)
    My SC multi. He is when I try to beat the game faster or collect meat to buy nifty items. He has ascended about a week ago but I left him between ascensions (as a spirit) to keep my record (about 5 days per ascension) since I don't have a lot of time nowadays.

I played this game for quite some time now (my main account is only from march 10 2005 but I had one before that) and I'm still enjoying it every day. We have a clan from the SPF named.. SPF. Here you'll find many more names of forumites and we have a message board where you can find/post all the help needed.

As a first character I recommend the Seal Clubber. Going as a muscle (something like strength in D2) class will get you hit a couple of times (lower moxie, something like dex in D2), but his skills will let you hit the monsters no matter what which really helps out if you don't know much of the game yet. The game can be frustrating some times when you start out, however if you just visit all the places available to you, you will find your way around in no time. Just expect the game to be funny and you're good to go.

4. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

When I played (ages ago), I started out as a Seal Clubber, and got the farthest through the game with him than any other character I tried. Granted I haven't played in ages (my account's probably dead by now) and I don't know how things have changed, but still. Try the Seal Clubber as Sint suggested. It's better to be able to hit and damage things with a weapon.

Good luck!
    ~MM

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

I like the pastamancer b/c they get some very nice skills. Mmmmm, skills. And yes, apply to the clan SPF, clans get you extra meat and adventures per day. And we're nice and helpful and provide certain goodies upon joining[/shameless plug] You might also check the KoL wiki, but it's spoilertastic. Though I love that they do keep track of all the pop culture refences.

6. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

I see, but even if should I restart it's not a problem because I haven't got far yet. Quite a lot of us also toiling with this game eh?
    So far so fun, I have a little (1 pound?) mosquito to aid me on fights :lol:

-sal

7. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

don't worry about a restart, like durf pointed out, you'll get the chance to start again, only with bonuses. Sauceors are one of the classes that can summon items so you'e still all good.

PS. If you're in game is differnt from your SPF nick, PM me (water_moon) when you apply to the clan, so I'll know who it is :wink3:

8. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

The game is designed for you to 'win' no matter what you do, so just explore the classes at will. I'd say go ahead and stick with your character.

9. Llathias

Llathias Banned

I got an account and started playing after reading this thread; lots of fun indeed! Couldn't get to lvl3 using up all 80 adventures though...

10. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Likewise.
    I'ma mess around with a Pastamancer, I think ;o

11. Tensaiga

Tensaiga IncGamers Member

I played it...oh jeez, about 2 years ago? A little less? I beat just about everything the game had to offer and there were some areas that couldn't be unlocked yet. I was also rolling in the meat. A couple months ago, I stumbled upon it again and tried to log in, but of course they have account deletion for inactivity.

After all that work, I am a little wary about signing up again...There were somethings that took me FOREVER to get, like a completely full camp with everything possible as well as most of the trophies. DOn't know if I want to start from scratch again.

I was a sauceror =P

12. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

I played Kol a lot, and I mean A LOT! Then the database loss happened, the speed ascending boards got deleted and I had a busy Christmas with no time to play. All that made me stop from one day to another. Now, thanks to this thread, I feel the tickling again. I think my char is still there, but I'm not sure.

Arghhh...I might just try to log on tomorrow. :)
    Must fight that urge!!!!

13. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Just had a short go now and it seems pretty funny.

If only Battle.net had a 'Alter of Literacy' before you could enter it would be a much nicer place :grin:

14. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Not going to play other games until get all character builds tried and all grailies found. Hehe, but will touch DotA (Defences of the Ancients) once in a while.