Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Introduce Yourself! :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

[​IMG]

Salutations!

Welcome to the SPF :D

It's awesome that you decided to join us. You may have noticed in our community links thread that it's a good idea to introduce yourself to the community and tell us a bit about yourself. This is a place for you to do just that :cool:

Maybe everybody could introduce themselves and then new people can read through and become familiar with who is who too?

Here goes...

I'm Kitteh. I've been playing Diablo 2 since I was about 13 I think, so 12 years. I play strictly single player now, hardcore and with GoMule and RWM. I play Guardians mostly but also take part in tournaments etc. I have a thread somewhere here where I post about my adventures (and my deeds..) and also post on YouTube a bit.

Outside of Diablo 2... I am from the UK, but moving to New Zealand for my PhD, via a internship in Cambridge (pending final success in round 3 of recruitment, eugh). I have studied the role of the p53 isoforms and also previously worked on the role of gamma delta T cells in BRCA1/p53 dependent breast cancer. I will be merging these fields for my PhD to study the p53 isoforms in tumour immunology. I also read comics and novels (seriously, it's scary how much money I've spent on books...). I used to be a competitive runner but no more unfortunately.

Who's next?

Zyr likes this.
  2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I kind of prefer individual threads for newcomers, but I will let this run and see how it goes. Better people say hello than don’t.

Zyr likes this.
  3. Exc

Exc Diabloii.Net Member

Hello im from ny been playing d2lod a long time i mostly play offline hc and right now i have a javazon that is lvl 75 hell act2 just starting and not sire if i should mf in nm or just keep pushing in the quests in hell but any who i have a +1amazon skills and 17resall circlet but im not usig it cause i have tals helm and the 10 mana and life is vool not sure if effective tho lol idk ny first post btw

4. Friiser

Friiser Diabloii.Net Member

I'm Friiser. I've been playing D2 since the early 2000's when a co-worker introduced the game to me. The vast majority of my D2 career has been in SP softcore. I dabbled a bit with B-net, but the management of muling characters was more like work than fun, so the switch over to SP was started. My playing really started to take off once I came across this forum and found out about ATMA (the muling program for SP). Although I've tried all of the character's in D2, the Necromancer is my favorite, and by far the one I've played the most. Someday I will get all the rest of my builds through hell, but getting "ArmyoftheDead" to 99 is my main character goal, the grail the other.

Outside of D2 I live in Indiana, but am originally from Chicago, where I met my wife :) She and I met after a Cubs game in 2001, got married a few years after that. We have a daughter and moved to Indiana to be closer to my wife's family (honestly, no complaints there, she's got a great family). This part is what I am most proud of, as our little family built our own home over 8 months of hard work. It was one of the hardest things I've done, but worth every moment. There was only a few things we contracted out; the foundation, water well installation, shingling the roof, concrete driveway, stone on the front of our house, drywall, and painting - else we did it all.

5. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

No you don't ... there's also a group game with some very weird people on BNet :cool::p.

Will post my own introduction later. I agree with @maxicek that ideally every new member should post their own introduction thread. But if they don't intend to, hopefully this thread will make them post at least something.

@Exc Welcome here :). Also big cheers to punctuation !!

Zyr, TopHatCat64 and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  6. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

7. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

I am Thomas, and I approve of this message (thought exactly the same while reading the Exc post):

8. LackCreativity

LackCreativity Diabloii.Net Member

Lack, here. I've been playing on and off for roughly 15 years. I was first introduced to the game in 2001 by a fellow student (6th, maybe 7th grade?). I still fondly remember running off the school bus to do some tacobaalruns.

Nowadays, I play exclusively single player. I'm on a relatively fresh restart, with a lvl 78 orbitaller running Hell Andy and Mausoleum seemingly endlessly. She's found a couple BK rings, Titans, and on my last run last night her first pair of Chancies off Andy. Only nabbed a Ravenlore in Mausoleum so far. She desperately needs to find a decent armor and shield base for some runeword fun. May need to return to NM Cows.

My other two toons currently are a lvl 48 zealadin chilling somewhere in NM, and a lvl 60ish fishymancer I got bored of and will probably return to soon.

Real life, I've been around here before sporadically. I've browsed from the shadows for several years, waiting for my opportunity to strike (ha).

I grew up in Michigan, but currently live in Toledo, Ohio with my wife and 2 year old daughter. Considering going back to school to finish a degree in finance, but factory life isn't too bad. Just wish the schedule was better.

Thanks for all the good reads and info over the years.

Zyr, Kitteh and T72on1 like this.
  9. OldSoldier

OldSoldier Diabloii.Net Member

@LackCreativity I grew up near Adrian and went to Sylvania all the time before moving away via the army.

10. LackCreativity

LackCreativity Diabloii.Net Member

I grew up in Sand Creek! Just outside Adrian. Live on the Sylvania/West Toledo line now. Small world!