OT - In a coup!!! :o

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Spearthrower said:
It would appear that Thaksin is going to live in the UK!!! He has a house in London.... I say we deport him right back here again!! :thumbsup:
Nah, keep him in London. What with all the muggings, stabbings, drive-by-shootings, feral youths roaming the streets, blatant and gratuitous violence, CHAVs, hoodies, right-wing extremist, and Tony Blair and Co. (read: Baal and his minions), I'm sure Thaksin will feel right at home. :hang:

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
So the news reports here in London say that Thaksin arrived a few hours ago, and that he is here for 'private reasons'. Apparently, he is going to visit his daughter who is studying here, and has a flat in Knightsbridge.

Well isn't that brilliant? A corrupt politician is ousted from his own government, and he goes traipsing around America before ending up in the UK. Both countries apparently the 'stalwart guardians of democracy', to the extent that they are willing to invade Iraq for the 'benefit of the Iraqi people', (and the pilfering of their oil reserves).

And the governments of both countries welcome him and ignore all of his, to put it mildly, dubious activities? :shocked:

It's not democracy and the rule of law that we live under, but a state of corruption so deep and vile that no words in any language can describe how putridly nauseating it is.

I mean, if the British Armed Forces were to rise up and overthrow Blair's government (yeah, right), on the grounds that his government is corrupt and has lied and misled its people (surely it hasn't?!), and Tony Blair happens to be in America on a Bush-approved dog training programme (woof, woof), do you think that we Brits wouldn't want him back here so that we can roast him?

I think we would...

Oh, and Luton Airport is currently closed to all incoming and outgoing aircraft, as a 'private airplane encountered difficulties while landing'. Co-incidence, or does the disgraced Thai leader have anything to do with it? It's all smokescreens and spin...

(I also think I should have stuck this in the OTF, but hey, this is an OT thread)

Spearthrower

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe you didnt know Frostburn, and maybe it's pure coincidence.... but Thaksin and Bush attended the same school in Texas!

With Berlusconi down this year in Italy.... and Thaksin down in Thailand.... there are only a couple more leaders to go that I personally have rated as being highly corrupt and dangerous to the moral safety of humanity.... their future removal will hopefully bring about another entente cordiale, where people try to achieve things through peace... and where nations aren't used to fuel their pseudo-dictator's own strategic and business ends.

Vive la revolution!

Perhaps it's time to pull out the guillotines again? :)

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Spearthrower said:
...but Thaksin and Bush attended the same school in Texas!
It figures...:rolleyes:
I bet they shared the same toilet in the dormitory as well... dirty (I want my mummy)...:rolleyes:

Spearthrower said:
Vive la revolution!

Perhaps it's time to pull out the guillotines again? :)
Hey, if it was good enough for Kings Charles and Louis, then by royal blood, it's good enough for some rednecks too. :grin:
Besides, it is such an elegant machine, and the 'WHOOSH-THUNK' sound is quite hypnotic...:badteeth:

Suiling

Banned
Spearthrower said:
Oh! Malaysian? :)

Gembira bertemu dengan kamu
Gembira jua bertemu dengan kamu, apa masalah dengan Thaksin? Apa dia buat sehingga semua militan berontak?

Translation: Glad to meet you too. What did Thaksin did? What did he do until all military forces rebel against him?

:grin:

Spearthrower

Diabloii.Net Member
Thaksin sold his business (Shincorp) to a Singaporean company. This made Thais angry because 1) It was a state based company - providing telecommunications throughout Thailand - so it's like a national asset that he sold off to a foreign company even when there were willing Thai investors..... 2) He didnt pay ANY tax on the sale (1.9 billion dollars) because he has always managed to arrange tax evasion for him and his family. This was the reason he sold it to a company outside of Thailand.

Basically, this was just the "straw that broke the camel's back" - he has done countless things, made new laws, broken laws, cheated, lied and stolen from Thailand all to line his already wealthy pocket. Considering the extreme poverty of people in the north east of Thailand and the fact that he is one of the richest men in the world.... it shows his greed that he used his position as premiere of his country to make even more money from it.

He is scum and really, I hope they put him in prison for it and confiscate his money.

Listing all his underhand crimes here would make this a thread so long that the mods would probably have to close it!!!

Suiling..... :shocked: I only know a little Malay!! :grin:

Suiling

Banned
Is ok, i helped you out with some translation. Anyway, i don't know much about that but it seems that he is some how "corrupted" (in malay called 'Rasuah'). Selling a such big corporat to other contry.... damn him!

Spearthrower

Diabloii.Net Member
Suiling said:
Selling a such big corporat to other contry.... damn him!
Yes.... this made him very unpopular with the more educated people here - like people in Bangkok. Unfortunately, in the poor areas in the North and East he is still very popular (in the South people HATE him - that's why there are so many problems in the south with people getting killed every day).

There were rallies earlier this year with thousands of people marching down the streets because of Thaksin's corruption!

It's been a wierd but exciting year to live here! More interesting than the first 2 years I was here! :laugh:

What kind of news do you get in Malaysia about Thailand? I know there have been some problems earlier this year with some people from the South escaping the police and going to live in Malaysia. My Malaysian friends have some very..... interesting.... things to say about Thailand and Thai people!! :grin:

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Spearthrower said:
With Berlusconi down this year in Italy.... and Thaksin down in Thailand.... there are only a couple more leaders to go that I personally have rated as being highly corrupt and dangerous to the moral safety of humanity...
I am waiting for someone to have the bottle to start on the Chinese for the DECADES of vicious oppression. Maybe when most favoured nation status expires. :rolleyes:

Politicians have no desire to do right anymore. It is all about the photo-opportunity. They are weak, self-serving publicists who have no concept of the word altruism or honour.

Spearthrower

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh... I agree about Politicians Thyiad.... but have they really ever been different? The victor writes the history and all that.

I dont think anyone is ever again going to have the bottle to do stand up to China from a moralistic perspective (well, they wont be able to and not be laughed at).... and at least China is improving - all be it slowly, unlike some countries whose standards in respecting life and personal liberties are plummeting to all time lows.

And China is going to get bigger and bigger and bigger and soon will be the number 1 consumer.... then everyone will be kissing their rears.

We all live in 1 big glass house and we are all throwing stones..... we desperately need to start looking at ourselves as one big species, irrelevant of race or religion and working out how we can defuse the ecological time bomb that's ticking.

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
I doubt it will happen soon spearthrower, todays moto is "live for this day" nobody cares what will happen tomorow, ppl from biger countreys will start thing/doing smth about when they feel danger with their own hides:undecided:

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
FrostBurn said:
Hey, if it was good enough for Kings Charles and Louis, then by royal blood, it's good enough for some rednecks too. :grin:
Besides, it is such an elegant machine, and the 'WHOOSH-THUNK' sound is quite hypnotic...:badteeth:
Oops, silly me, King Charles lost his head on the block, with a big fat, hairy, scary psycho-axeman wearing a black sack over his head wielding a rusty, jagged battle-axe.

But the concept is the same though! :laughing:

Bring back capital punishment for politicians! :kiss:

Spearthrower

Diabloii.Net Member
FrostBurn said:
Bring back capital punishment for politicians! :kiss:
Now that might just make a difference in this world - if they were held ultimately accountable for their screw-ups! :hang: